What stupid thing did you do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What stupid thing did you do

I switched teams one day and got about 10 TKs before I realized those easy kills were on my team...

It didn't help that people were TKing me for TKing them

Comment

Trying to get into the UAV trailer was one lol
      Shooting the pistol and expecting 3sk (just comeing from HALO PC)

Comment

something i used to do real bad was fumble with the keys in a panic bringing up the spawn screen or the map screen when an enemy comes into view....gettin me killed a plenny....still happens sometimes

trying to turn uncap flag poles....

flipping full blackhawks upside down (couldnt make it 10 feet in the air)

wondrin why the stupid chute dont work.....

Comment

another one was my first couple of times in the jets; I'd get brushed by AA and would see a little smoke starting to come from my aircraft and immediately eject thinking it was moments away from exploding.

Comment

Great reading!
            Gives me the good feeling of "I'm not alone"

This is my contribution to the thread..

- Blowing own commanderbox.

- Taking the stairs when other jumped from the roof. Thinking.. They are going to die.

- Joined as PLA on Wake. looking for a squad to join. Suddenly I heard someone screamed and I paniced, tab:ed and shot twice with my pump-shotty in defence.
            There was only a medic in the same team asking if I would like to have a medic-pack.. LOL and yes I was punished.

- Fire missiles into the carrier by misstake with the rear-canon, getting -22 in V-damage... yupp I got autokicked after that

Comment

Originally posted by PluckyX24
              I remember when I first tried to pilot a helicopter. I pulled back my mouse thinking that the motion would move me up. Unfortunately, I just rammed into the building behind me.

When I first started playing, I was driving the Anti-Aircraft tank on Dragon Valley. When ever I saw a plane or a chopper, I would keep my finger on the 'W' button while shooting. My tank would go keep going straight, and usually fall off a cliff or into water. Happened many times.

And finally, I used to type it in chat about our team strategies, except I would chat to our enemies. I would be the squad leader and type in the chat "Let's go to the TV tower" or something -- and everyone will be laughing and calling me things... and I wouldn't know why!
              I think this one has got to be the best in this thread. And you were wondering why they all knew where you were going!

Comment

Me, i tried having conversations with the bots on SP. i was tired after a 60hour week, and just played without knowing what i was doing. so i was typing merrily away to the bots, yakking to them over VoiP, abusing the tripe outta them when they didnt follow my orders or did stupid things as only bots can do.... sigh.

Comment

ye i dont like the flying or fighting commanders if they just spawn there and lock it.

Comment

Well, I started playing, and I played as spec ops exclusivly, got my first few kills with c4, and then decided that was my best chance to get kills, so I ran around with C4 out all the time.....Luckily, I was recently able to finally get my KD ration above 1....

Comment

in the oman demo, nobody would ever reply to my text messages. i would type away in the beige box but it was as if i was talking to a wall . Nobody would recognize that i was trying to communicate with them. I did this for a couple weeks, thinking that they missed my messages or they hated me or something. i was completely ignored. The only replies i got where "UnknownObjectorMethod".Then i discovered something called the "console" and shortly after the "J" key.

Comment

heres a really stupid one....

i used to think the squad leader's round numbered icons where markin the teams armor....i would chase them around with the wrench....and thought i was too late when i arrived and there was no armor........it was cuz when i first started playing, all the squad leaders were in armor...

Comment

Originally posted by wjp1
                          After jumping of chopper/plane didn't know how to open parachute
                          Ahh, in the BF2142 demo, i thought it was still 9 for the parachute, and I was like WTF!!!!

Uh guys, have you ever heard the phrase, read the manual? That's the number one reason why people are always trying revive with the med packs (this is not surgery guys!!)

I remember i got in the buggy, and it was so fast, and it was before the patch that fixes that vehicle and people problem, so I ended up ramming tons of people when they were in front of me asking for a ride. I remember, i still didn't know how to config the joystick for the plane, and I was flying with the keyboards, and i'm all "HOLY SH!T!!" and I crashed into a fully loaded BH.

Desertfox, shouldn't this be in the War Tales section?

Comment

When I tried the demo, I picked AT kit, and clicked to fire the AT rocket without holding it down, not knowing you could guide it, by holding the mouse button. My nephew-in-law (who worked for DICE at the time) tapped me on the shoulder and said, "you know you can guide those, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                              When I tried the demo, I picked AT kit, and clicked to fire the AT rocket without holding it down, not knowing you could guide it, by holding the mouse button. My nephew-in-law (who worked for DICE at the time) tapped me on the shoulder and said, "you know you can guide those, right?"
                              I have noticed that this is rather common. I did it too...........

Comment

I think ive done almost everything in here.....I've jumped off buildings franticly pressing 8 then wondering why my chute didnt open. Tried to take on a M1 head on while on foot. (he ran me over) So much stupidity its great! I still do stupid stuff...and enjoy it.

P.S. I have the coolest avatar EVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X