Crazy Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crazy Idea

I think the only thing they should add to BF2 is a new AT kit unlock, an anti-tank rifle. Oh and self replicating nuclear bombs for the J-10 of course :P

Comment

I bought BF2142 and played it for about 20 minutes, the maps are massive and on foot you can run for about 20 secs before your energy runs out, a Mod that they changed on BF2. Aiming was a pain with the sight moving up and down, very realistic but in the real world you hold your breath whilst taking the shot this is not possible in 2142. So i was back on BF2b in a short time and the games release does not seem to be a detriment to the amount of BF2 servers running.

Comment

That would kinda just be like buying a second BF2 and I don't plan on getting 2142 so no biggy for me.

Comment

i dont understand that.....you want to change 2142 so its like 2? with the 2142 weapons? i agree that the setting in 2142 looks like ****(not a fan of futuristic ****)...but why would i buy a game trying to be like my favorite game?

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
            … I wish that some of the improvements/features of 2142 were incorporated some how. A BF2 mod for BF2142 is an ironic idea, since BF2142 is basically a mod of BF2.
            Ironic, isn't it? But it's better than let BF2 die from old age.
            Originally posted by mwillin0000
            i dont understand that.....you want to change 2142 so its like 2?...but why would i buy a game trying to be like my favorite game?
            Read further.
            Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
            copyright infringment if an outside source decided to take it on, such as you. Not ci if DICE does it themselves.
            That's true.
            What if DICE themselves would make this mod, advertising something like this:
            "
            Here it is, folks! A new mod, especially for BF2 players, called BF2 Legacy.
            Based on the new and improved engine from BF2142, this mod brings back the game play and the feeling from the original game and more!
            Features:
            - all maps from vanilla and all expansions are available in a single game.
            - 10 new maps, playable on ranked servers!
            - nothing science fiction, just the old good fighting and settings that you are familiar with.
            - all vehicles you love (and hate at the same time) are back.
            - more specialized vehicles (the mine proof jeep, the AA missile jamming vehicle).
            - more amazing unlocks (the proximity exploding AA guided rockets, the grenade resistant armor).
            - as a special gift, we have included the possibility to use Special Forces weapons and gadgets on all maps. Have access to any place on any of your favorite maps!
            - new game modes! We listen to our fun boys!
            - the browser is vastly improved (more filters, buddy list).
            - connecting to servers is faster than ever.
            - no more crashes or sudden disconnects.
            - future support for years to come.
            And best of all, it's a FREE download! Thank you for your support and your patience over the years.
            So buy your copy of BF2142 now and start playing BF2 Legacy today!
            "
            Originally posted by brianthebold
            I think the only thing they should add to BF2 is a new AT kit unlock, an anti-tank rifle. Oh and self replicating nuclear bombs for the J-10 of course :P
            Yep, it's already there! Check the readme.
            Originally posted by 7man
            That would kinda just be like buying a second BF2…
            Yes.
            But let's put it this way: they sell you their new game, but you get what you always wanted: a better BF2. It's a win-win situation.
            I don't care about the money, if I get my beloved game updated and upgraded.
            Think about it…

Comment

For one thing, if it was a MOD it would not be ranked, therefore the "unlocks feature" would not be available for the MOD, then there is everything thing else mentioned above... you know copyright laws and such.

Now if EA was to do it, that would be the BF2 1.10 patch. For that to happen we would have to count on EA for several things, like:

-to provide us with continued support, which is not likely
              -to not screw the game up in the six patches, which is not likely
              -to care about how gamers feel, which, sadly, again is not likely

In the end this is a pipe dream... but what a nice dream to have. Keep dreaming, because it all you can get from EA anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
                Yes.
                But let's put it this way: they sell you their new game, but you get what you always wanted: a better BF2. It's a win-win situation.
                I don't care about the money, if I get my beloved game updated and upgraded.
                Think about it…
                Well maby it could be a patch then cause to me update and upgrade seem like they could just put it as a patch.

Comment

no make a mod of bf2 with the 2142 engine, more unlocks and ranks or make another battlefield

Comment

I have been thinking in the other direction, since BF2142 is only a MOD of BF2, except it costs us money which the other (and better) mods out there are for free, why not making from BF2 engine a mod with all the graphics / textures / stuff of 2142? A 1:1 copy of BF2142, but for FREE.

Comment

Originally posted by GbeTech
                      I have been thinking in the other direction, since BF2142 is only a MOD of BF2, except it costs us money which the other (and better) mods out there are for free, why not making from BF2 engine a mod with all the graphics / textures / stuff of 2142? A 1:1 copy of BF2142, but for FREE.
                      It depends on what you want the most: a BF2 game play or a futuristic game play.
                      I want to play BF2 and take advantage of BF2142 features.
                      That's why I'll go from the more advanced engine to get a better BF2 experience.
                      What would you want?

Comment

Working...
                      X