Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Idea

This thread is not about BF2142.
    It’s an idea I had when I was browsing the other forum.
    We know the new game has lots of improvements and I’ve said it before: some of these would be nice to have in BF2.
    What if someone would make a mod, changing the graphics to look and feel exactly like BF2, would you buy BF2142 then?
    Think about it: a lot more weapons, options and more game play changes for the better.
    Only the game atmosphere prevents me from really enjoying BF2412, but I recon I’ll love it if only would be more like BF2.
    Is this a crazy idea or maybe not?!

Re: Crazy Idea

Yeh your right...it is crazy

I've got 2142 but stopped playing. Full of statpadders and 3 year olds!

BF2 has a reason and a purpose, 2142 seems to be tailormade for solo playing and to pad. It's like they have taken all the good bits from BF2...thrown them away and then come up with 2142.

My opinion

Comment

Dont worry folks when he wakes up tomorrow morning he'll realize what he just said. Dont get high/drink and post at the same time.

Jk. Anyways, I own 2142 and dont really like the furuistic setting eitehr, and i dont like how all the people look the same and it requires to much concentration to kill someone. Especially when i have a few drinks i dot really wanna be paying lots attention, just splattering people all over the place.

PS someone posted i front of me i meant that to Tpic creator

Comment

why are people so interested in others who dont want to play BF2142.. stating that things are differernt and you can do this that or the other wont change peoples minds its their choice why bother trying to change it.

if you like it good for you have fun playing, i dont particually wish to go thru all the bother again not to mention that BF2142 has had 3 patches released for it already

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          why are people so interested in others who dont want to play BF2142..
          I guess I didn't made myself clear the first time. Perhaps I should start over.
          I'm not trying to convince anybody to play BF2142. I don't have it, I don't like it and I don't care about it.
          I love BF2. I would love to see the improvements made in BF2142 back into BF2.
          Since they don't bother to patch BF2, I'll be satisfied with a mod for BF2142 that would bring back the feel and the joy we have in BF2. Perhaps then I'll buy BF2142, too.
          That means:
          - no science fiction crap (no Titans or future vehicles)
          - all vehicles from BF2 back
          - keep improvements made to servers browser and net-code
          - all maps from BF2, expansions and (maybe) integrate Special Forces, to replace the future maps. Perhaps a couple of new maps, too.
          - include more unlocks (the new engine make this possible now)
          - adapt the new spawning system.
          This is what I had in mind. Improvements for BF2, that's all, even if I would have to buy BF2412 for it.

Comment

I hear what you're saying Batausu and I agree that it would be nice to incorporate many of the BF2142 features into BF2 somehow. A patch to BF2 would be nicer, but we all know that won't happen because EA wants use to buy BF2142.

I own BF2142 and have played for a while and got bored of it quickly. I went back to BF2 because I feel the gameplay is far better, but I wish that some of the improvements/features of 2142 were incorporated some how. A BF2 mod for BF2142 is an ironic idea, since BF2142 is basically a mod of BF2.

Comment

I just want BF2 to stay the same.

BF2142 is gash! If EA concentrated on BF2 then i feel more people would be tolerant. BF2 holds an amazing aspect of online gaming, 2142 is a rip off of that.

EA are a business and as so need to make money, BF2 players are not stupid though (well some anyway )

Comment

Nice idea but EA/Dice would be screaming about copyright infringement.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzamattaza

BF2 has a reason and a purpose, 2142 seems to be tailormade for solo playing and to pad. It's like they have taken all the good bits from BF2...thrown them away and then come up with 2142.

My opinion
                  Wow! Finally I find someone among the BF community who isn't 10 years old! I agree totally with you... BF2142 just is way too unrealistic, and is just overall real strange. I am not going to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                    Wow! Finally I find someone among the BF community who isn't 10 years old! I agree totally with you... BF2142 just is way too unrealistic, and is just overall real strange. I am not going to buy it.
                    Cheers mate, by the way if anyone wants a 2142 account with 20k points let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                      Wow! Finally I find someone among the BF community who isn't 10 years old!
                      Thanks I'm sure the other thousand users on this forum appreciate being called ten years old.

Comment

So much negative comments towards BF2142.:|: Man, I f**ken love the game, such great infantry combat, the stuff that was missing in BF2. Plus Titan mode is blast.

...but Eagle said it already, its copyright infringment. You cant take one thing out of BF2142 and add it into BF2 without starting some sort of lawsuit. DICE would have to make it and EA would have to then approve. The community can modifiy all they want, but there is a line in the sand as to how far one can go.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                          So much negative comments towards BF2142.:|: Man, I f**ken love the game, such great infantry combat, the stuff that was missing in BF2. Plus Titan mode is blast.

...but Eagle said it already, its copyright infringment. You cant take one thing out of BF2142 and add it into BF2 without starting some sort of lawsuit. DICE would have to make it and EA would have to then approve. The community can modifiy all they want, but there is a line in the sand as to how far one can go.
                          Copyright infringement? It's the same company that makes the game

Comment

Copyright infringement? It's the same company that makes the game
                            copyright infringment if an outside source decided to take it on, such as you. Not ci if DICE does it themselves.

Comment

My opinion
                              Amen to that, I couldn't have put it better myself. Although I have noticed the vast majority of 2142 players that have the red 2 next to their name tends to play better in a squad as opposed to somone who hasn't.

Back to the OP, thats a good idea but its also very crazy and us BF2 players will eventually be pushed aside now they have milked us for several quid and Dice will no doubt not give two hoots about the BF2 community eventually given that BF2 was THE game that put them where they are now IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X