Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need piloting advice..

Originally posted by Rocker45
    #1. Get a Joystick. You can't compete vs. Top pilots with a keyboard and mouse. Period. Don't argue. You're wrong.

Rocker
    I would like to argue that point, I had a dogfight with metallica (both in f35b) yeah he won but i still think i could take you.
    I reckon i could take most pilots not chris and blades though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      Man, when I fly a MiG against F35B, they usually dont last that long, and then I feel sad for the poor bastard in the aerial dragster.:laugh:

Its always a pleasure to have a long fight, but that seems to happen when one persons lower skill level is balanced with a good jet. No offense here, just an observation.
      Tbh, the guy wasnt that amazing. He gave me a run for my money, but I should have been dead for a long time. Though it was literally 10 whole minutes. I pull some crazy stuff in the F35 when I REALLY need to evade someone.

Plus most of it was at the 700-900 level, which I can dogfight very well in. He fell behind at around 7 or 8 minutes (I try to milk dogfights for all they are worth), so bam! Got back on his tail after a couple of immelmans and cobras and smoked his ***. With cannons too.

Great guy though. Didnt even pull that chicken **** stuff to go back and rearm after running out of missles (I am a proficient flarer). Came after me with cannons.

Originally posted by mardgee
      I would like to argue that point, I had a dogfight with metallica (both in f35b) yeah he won but i still think i could take you.
      hey arent you in wookie clan? I think I saw your name around there...

oh and btw Rocker is pretty damn good I would say. He can hold his own in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by mardgee
        I'm typically in the insomnia I/II Wake server or TSC Oman server when I'm pubbing. I haven't flown against anyone who claims to be proficient with a mouse+keyboard recently. I'm actually quite interested to see if a good pilot with a mouse/keyboard can keep up with a pilot with a joystick. Personally, I started flying with a mouse+keyboard but switched to joystick and never looked back. I'll take the F35 and you can have the J10 or whatever you're more comfortable flying. Hope to see you in there sometime!

BTW, what's your game tag/server you prefer? I'll try to find you as well.

Rocker

Comment

From my own personal experience. If youve got a ton of hours with Mouse and keyboard, you can be pretty fvcking good. The really only thing Mouse KB users suffer from, is the "pitch up" dragging. If they put a key to substitute it, they gain tremendously from that.

Anyway, yes, Ive seen a couple of Mouse and KB pilots whom Ive had the hardest, sickest and bloodiest time with... when I was in F35B. When put otherwise, most of them went down. I still think joystick is the only way yto go, but realistically speaking, there are a lot of mouse+KB players that can do some serious damage. Not to mention that mouse is WAY better than JS when it comes to ATS, with the exeption being the Z-axis on the stick, which, if mastered does a better job than the keys.

Comment

i use M&K and i'm sure i'd give all of you guys a good run for your money

hit me up if you want to duel/whatever

Comment

Working...
            X