Need piloting advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need piloting advice..

I'v lately been piloting alot(Getting addicted) And I'm not half bad, I use rear view, do barrel rolls easily, Split-S, spins, loops, I have no problem keeping a jet in my sights and shooting them down.

Problem.

I can't seem to evade jets, at all, I'll do loops, flares, afterburners, sharturns, Split-S's, everything, and STILL get shot down.

I do use the F35 alot(I play 90% of the time) but I even have the this problem with other jets, not as much, but I still do.

Any tips? >.>

P.S: Yes, I am a mouse and keyboard pilot, but I can do any manuever a joystick pilot can, I can do 4 Barrel rolls to the side without stopping, just thought I'd put that in there.

Re: Need piloting advice..

I'm no expert (by far) but I always shoot staright upwards, get to an altitude of about 400 and then do a half barrel role to get set again, i then keep turning and use after burners at the altidude and then stay high for about 30 secs (so i know the cost is clear), and keep looking in rear view, then i will come a bit lower to look for them.

In a J-10, i just turn slightly.....

Comment

There are rare 100% booklet maneuvers that work. Most of those are evasion maneuver-set startup maneuvers. This all comes with experience.

The tip I can share is, every maneuver you make should be a maneuver that makes the enemy respond to, in order for them to be a step behind you, and not vice versa.

Comment

I am a fairly decent pilot and have logged much time in the F35. In general when you get a jet on your tail your first move should take you out of the enemies field of vision and break the lock. If you can do that you can probably get away. I try to make my second move as unexpected as I can.

The Split-S works pretty well to get you out of the enemies field of vision and most pilots do not expect the flip and turning around. If you flare just as your going up for the first part of the "S" and then go straight down when the maneuver is done, you will dive back through your flares and you can reuse them.

For the F35 specifically you have an advantage of speed over all other jets between say 700 ft. and 800 ft. You need to learn to use this to your advantage to loose a tail as well as get across the map quickly.

Comment

You can soak in all the insight from this forum as you want, but in the end experience is going to be your best teacher. Just keep playing and playing and you'll start to learn what works and what doesn't.

Comment

usally i do really sharp turns and use the flairs and im usally ok depends on what kind of pilot is trying to shoot me down

Comment

http://wiki.bf2s.com/tactical-guides/aviator-tactics that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario

Lol, Already read that :P

Anywho, thanks for the tips people.

Comment

If you're in the F35 vs a J-10, make sure you have full afterburners all the time, when you get him on your tail do a barrel roll and release your flares half way through, then head straight up towards the middle of the map. If he follows you keep going up to 2k, if not then chill around 850 feet until your flares have recharged.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
                    I do use the F35 alot
                    Found the problem

Comment

just do a half roll go to 500 feet then go strait down

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
                        Found the problem
                        If you do know how to use it you won't get killed

Comment

If you do know how to use it you won't get killed
                          Try me.

Comment

Is there a button that says "Try Me"?

Comment

Is there a button that says "Try Me"?
                              Nope, however there is a button with esc on it, start spamming it.

Comment

Working...
                              X