1.41 is full patch only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.41 is full patch only?

After looking around briefly, I have only noticed a full patch available for download. There is no incremental patch to 1.41. WHY?! I want instant gratification instead of having to download a 500 meg file
    Thanks EA, now give me my paycheck.

Re: 1.41 is full patch only?

there were complications with making an incremental. Someone posted a statement from the EA UK forums about it. Looks like they could not get it to work so they said screw it, and released the big one to get it out quickly. Personally, I think it is fine that they did, just sucks if your HDD is almost full.

Comment

I've got a TB work of storage, so that's no problem. I'm just bummed about having to wait the extra time to patch. Thanks for the info, you have been helpful.

"Captain -FaKe|Arson

peace."

(lol)

Comment

well Ive just installed it and im pissed that its that big for nothing it seems but we'll see.

Comment

That's coz EA is ditching BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Green_Beret
            That's coz EA is ditching BF2
            He got that rite!

Comment

My download got screwed up and after a couple hours of waiting, the zip file was empty. I said screw it, and played 1.4

Comment

I've got the .exe downloaded.

But let me get this straight. Does this full patch mean I have to do a reinstall, then patch with it?

Because that's what a full patch is in my book. One that has to be applied to a fresh install, and not with any other patched versions being present.

Or does it mean when the patch is run it will bring any and all versions up to 1.41, and since that is the case an incremental wasn't made?

If that's the case it's not a "full patch", it's a full and incremental patch.

And if that's the case from my gaming expereince that's the last patch you'll see, why make one like this if your planning to do any other patching.

Comment

I didnt even bother to download it,cause I wont

Comment

Full patch means that is all you need to download, and if you are doing a fresh install of BF, then that is all you would need and not any prior patching.

I find it funny how many people had problems with the incrementals in the past, so there was always this debate whether to get Full or if the incrementals were safe. Now, we see that DiCE had problems with the incremental and that the Full is safest for them. :hmm:

Comment

may be this is the last update
                      so they don't even make a incremental patch

Comment

Originally posted by MegaPower
                        may be this is the last update
                        so they don't even make a incremental patch
                        hah thats funny, and for some reason after i downloaded the patch it was on it and i did not have to unistall and then reinstall:nerr:

Comment

Originally posted by Cromat
                          I didnt even bother to download it,cause I wont
                          What are you going to do when all servers become red for you?
                          It's already begun:

1.41 servers: 3072
                          1.4 servers: 2191

Jesus Christ, why people's so reluctant to download a single file?

Comment

Because downloading 536MB for a 6MB update that minimally impacts the client side of things is retarded. There, I said it...

I see in your sig that you seem to be in favor of boycotting 2142: I find your attitude towards this patch rather contradictory in light of this fact. Would you care to explain how supporting one makes any sense when it's guilty of the same horrible practices?

Comment

I hate the new patch filefront was gunna take me 4 hours today to download it. luckly i found some half *** place at hellgamers.com lol 40 minutes....

Comment

Working...
                              X