Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 under windows vista

Originally posted by RocketChild
    Are you running the MSDN copy? Also, I believe MS is putting out something called DX9.0L, which is DX9 API specifically for Vista.
    yeah 9.0L for Legacy....to run dx9 games on dx10.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexIsUber
      yeah 9.0L for Legacy....to run dx9 games on dx10.
      "to run dx9 games on dx10"
      you mean to be able to get dx10 effects (shader model 4.0 ect) on WindowsXP right?

Comment

Because my bf2 game is running on a FPS of 60-70. And normally on 35-40 i willnot switch to vista soon xD. Btw nice topic. Very usefull if i wanna try it sometime. Thanks for the usefull posts!

leRoy

Comment

Originally posted by Koavauxe
          @sid6.5 perhaps try manually updating punk buster available at http://www.evenbalance.com/ I believe the automatic update would not work under Visita rc's. Also check the problem elsewhere in the forum for a solution if this does not work, hope this helps.
          tried, does not work

Comment

i hope it will work with vista, my server provider is upgrading there servers to vista.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_MjNoOoN
              Thank you. I will try it now..

I like the new OS

I got this error when am trying to enter any server

Punkbuster Cilent: (0 minutes) RESTRICTION: Inadquate O/S Privieges.
              i know i'm late with this response but i just installed vista premium home edition and a fresh install of BF2: Deluxe Edition and then i downloaded the latest patch, installed it and i get the same problem when i try to join any server. it works just fine in single player mode though it does stutter some and the screen blacks out for a few seconds... what should i do?

Comment

I unchecked UAC [User Account Control] from my windows vista

Comment

I too had this problem and what I did was right click on the BF2 Icon go to properties and then go to the compatibility tab and down on the bottom make sure that the box for "Run this program as administrator" is checked. It should work fine. That is how I got it to work for me.

Originally posted by lowlife83
                  i know i'm late with this response but i just installed vista premium home edition and a fresh install of BF2: Deluxe Edition and then i downloaded the latest patch, installed it and i get the same problem when i try to join any server. it works just fine in single player mode though it does stutter some and the screen blacks out for a few seconds... what should i do?

Comment

Working...
                  X