Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 under windows vista

I have a question:

Should I install BF2 and DX9.0c under windows vista or BF2 only?

Thank you

Re: BF2 under windows vista

i dotn htink bf2 works with vista

Comment

Tried playing BF2 on my rig with Vista RC1 but kept CTD right after launching the game. Has anyone got it to work on Vista?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_MjNoOoN
        I have a question:

Should I install BF2 and DX9.0c under windows vista or BF2 only?

Thank you
        Actually the game works fine and there is no reason it shouldn't. You can install the DX9C as I think it may install one missing file but will not mess with DX10; it will still show as DX10.
        So YES allow it to install DX9.0C as it is installing BF2; it will not hurt it.

I am running BF1942, BF2 and BF2142 on Vista and they all work fine. Technically they should operate under the same manner in some weird way with the OpenAL(GL) protocol. The games actually run faster and I have seen an increase in fps in FRAPS for BF2 especially.

I ran it under Vista RC2 and now I own the final Retail version of Vista RTM; just make sure you download the offical drivers from ATI/Nvidia.

Comment

Thank you. I will try it now..

I like the new OS

I got this error when am trying to enter any server

Punkbuster Cilent: (0 minutes) RESTRICTION: Inadquate O/S Privieges.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK

I ran it under Vista RC2 and now I own the final Retail version of Vista RTM; just make sure you download the offical drivers from ATI/Nvidia.
            Are you running the MSDN copy? Also, I believe MS is putting out something called DX9.0L, which is DX9 API specifically for Vista.

Comment

I've played BF2 on Vista RC1 with great success, the only issue I had was with the resources vista takes up don't be expecting BF2 to run smoothly with your PC continuously writing to the page file.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_MjNoOoN
                Thank you. I will try it now..

I like the new OS

I got this error when am trying to enter any server

Punkbuster Cilent: (0 minutes) RESTRICTION: Inadquate O/S Privieges.
                Your best bet is to go into Security section and look for the UAC(User Accont Control) turn it off; is the easiest way to get things going. A lot of us got that error but once you turn it off it gets rid of it.

Originally posted by RocketChild
                Are you running the MSDN copy? Also, I believe MS is putting out something called DX9.0L, which is DX9 API specifically for Vista.
                I am running a pirated copy as of right now; but will be buying the Ultimate version or Home Premium when it is released. I have the RC2 copy as my main and will be setting up the MSDN final this week.

I haven't heard much about DX9.0L; maybe it has something to do with a protocol/API in DX10 to get the games made in DX9 work in DX10 I have no idea.

I made an Offical Winows Vista and 2142 - Thread in TotalBF2142 but it should work for BF2 and other games also; it is all organized on the first page and I keep updating it occasionally.

Originally posted by Koavauxe
                I've played BF2 on Vista RC1 with great success, the only issue I had was with the resources vista takes up don't be expecting BF2 to run smoothly with your PC continuously writing to the page file.
                It usually shuts off all the features of Windows special effects when you go into full screen mode of your game.

Yes, it is definately suggested you have atleast 1 gig and 1.5/2 Gigs make things a lot smoother.

Comment

I have one GB and it's a pain waiting for the PF to sort itself out. Changing Vistas appearance to a more basic level still improved performance but only slightly, I would suggest at least 2GB RAM if you choose to play with Vista Release Candidates often.

Comment

on vista rtm i have the following problem.
                    when i join an online ranked server i get "your CD Key is invalid"
                    playing singleplayer works just fine

and on WinXP it is also working

remembers me to the problems which we had with one of the first patches on WindowsXP.

Comment

@sid6.5 - Just reinstall bf2 under vista will fix the problem.

Comment

@sid6.5 - Just reinstall bf2 under vista will fix the problem.
                        allready tried that 2 times
                        does not change anything.

Comment

Hmm. I'm just hoping Vista will get rid of the pagefile swelling that is plaguing XP right now.

It supports 4GB right? Vista?

Comment

@sid6.5 perhaps try manually updating punk buster available at http://www.evenbalance.com/ I believe the automatic update would not work under Visita rc's. Also check the problem elsewhere in the forum for a solution if this does not work, hope this helps.

@Kridian, Yes Vista does support 4GB of RAM, Vista can support from 8-128GB of RAM.

Comment

@sid6.5 perhaps try manually updating punk buster available at http://www.evenbalance.com/ I believe the automatic update would not work under Visita rc's. Also check the problem elsewhere in the forum for a solution if this does not work, hope this helps.
                              thanks will try that.

btw i am not on an RC version of vista, i have the final.
                              sometimes its good to work for a big company

Comment

Working...
                              X