• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch 1.41 released!

YAY new bugs (I hope not)

Comment

I really hope this fixes more than just the server crash bug.

Comment

Hey why is this patch not on EAs site??? Is this thing legit??? I only download the full patches directly from EA, especially since I do not trust most 3rd party sites. There is also nothing listed on EA news about the release of this patch.

Is there any confirmation from EA/Dice???

J/W before I download that huge thing!

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
          Hey why is this patch not on EAs site??? Is this thing legit??? I only download the full patches directly from EA, especially since I do not trust most 3rd party sites. There is also nothing listed on EA news about the release of this patch.

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/1.41

Comment

Ahh the hysterics :laugh:
            I think in all the patches for BF2 there was only one early release on one website that turned out to a hoax

Comment

Thanks troybob....they did not have it under their normal download section. I will download it from the ftp site! Thanks again!!!

Comment

Thanks troybob....they did not have it under their normal download section. I will download it from the ftp site! Thanks again!!!
                no prob.

Comment

================================================== ==============================
                  Battlefield 2™: V1.41
                  ReadMe File
                  October 2, 2006
                  ================================================== ==============================

Patch v1.41
                  BUG FIX
                  - Fixed an extremely intermittent server crash bug.

Patch v1.4

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
                  - The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
                  enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
                  to artillery.
                  - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
                  - A prone->crouch delay has been added.

BUG FIXES
                  - Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
                  - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
                  - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
                  - Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
                  - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
                  - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
                  - Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
                  - Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
                  - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
                  - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching
                  weapons.
                  - Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
                  - Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
                  - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round
                  on ranked servers.
                  The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.
                  - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
                  - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
                  - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has
                  spawned in during the preview round.
                  - Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server
                  if the server host is kicked and banned.
                  - Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
                  - Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods

Comment

Link doesn't work. Still nothing from EA that I've found.

Comment

Thanks IndianScout, That helps.

Comment

One bug fix...Ok.....*cries*

Anyway, you guys can get it from Fileplanet too.

Comment

One fix?! No I wasn't expecting much, but is it really worth it? Can't say I've noticed server crashes much at all since 1.4.

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
                            Battlefield 2™: V1.41
                            ReadMe File
                            October 2, 2006

Patch v1.41
                            BUG FIX
                            - Fixed an extremely intermittent server crash bug.

Patch v1.4

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
                            - The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
                            enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
                            to artillery.
                            - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
                            - A prone->crouch delay has been added.

BUG FIXES
                            - Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
                            - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
                            - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
                            - Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
                            - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
                            - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
                            - Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
                            - Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
                            - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
                            - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching
                            weapons.
                            - Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
                            - Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
                            - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round
                            on ranked servers.
                            The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.
                            - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
                            - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
                            - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has
                            spawned in during the preview round.
                            - Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server
                            if the server host is kicked and banned.
                            - Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
                            - Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods
                            that sounds exactly like 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                              that sounds exactly like 1.4
                              No, the fixes at the bottom were for the 1.4 patch...read it again...

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
                                One fix?! No I wasn't expecting much, but is it really worth it? Can't say I've noticed server crashes much at all since 1.4.
                                Same.

Comment

Working...
                                X