Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Wall IO server up.

Hi guys,

I've read a few posts in here suggesting that Great Wall is a great IO map, though not many servers run it.

My clan currently runs two servers, one (32 man) which runs 24/7 Karkand IO and the other (16 man) used to run 24/7 Wake with vehicles. Due to the 16 man server being relativly empty over the past couple of days, and it also being hard to populate, I've decided that because of this, and the fact large air maps become boring with on 16 slots, to change it to Great Wall IO to see what it's like.

If anyone would like to come along then please feel free, and if it's full then give me a shout on XFire (bloodsport1982) or on Ventrilo (ventrilo41.defenderhosting.com port 3754) in which I'll be in the BF2 channel, and I'll make room for you.

The server is based in the UK so I hope it won't be too laggy if some guys from over the pond decide to come on, but we have a few US regulars on the Karkand server and they get playable pings.

Server IP is 83.142.52.217 port 16567. Please don't see this as a plug, I'm just looking at options of having something that is missing from the current host of servers and was wondering if this would work.

As a final note, I've set it to 16 player size, I've not played this map many times so if someone feels this is the wrong size then let me know.

Re: Great Wall IO server up.

I'll make an effort to stop by. I hope there will be some people on, hate waiting around a server for 5 people to show up.

Thanks for putting one up.

Comment

No probs. I was in it earlier and no one came in. I'll pop back in shortly but at the moment it's empty.

Comment

I guess when I would be on, it would either be super early in the morning in the UK or mid-afternoon in the UK.

Comment

Mabye I will make a visit one of these days! I'll give ya a hand populating it !

Comment

Good luck in succeeding with the server. I'd visit it a lot but I just got my EU medal this Monday =D

Comment

that doesn't mean you can't play it because you like it. Just say you are quitting EF because it is not fun.

Comment

This server is now ranked.

Comment

cool, i'll be on after work

Comment

I played for a little while. It CAN become a little boring as normally the same happens every round. Little more variation for me would be better, but perhaps I'll become used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsport
                      I played for a little while. It CAN become a little boring as normally the same happens every round. Little more variation for me would be better, but perhaps I'll become used to it.
                      Great Wall would be sick if they could add grappling hooks and zip lines. . .

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorBusiness
                        Great Wall would be sick if they could add grappling hooks and zip lines. . .
                        I can't think of how many times I have said that! They need to add SF options into BF2. At least, get the flipp'in spec-ops it!

Comment

You could always throw in a couple other EF maps in the frey just for the fun of trying it out. It doesn't always have to be the Great Wall. It just has to be 'mostly' the Great Wall. =D

When I buy the booster pack with AF and EF, I'll probably check this server out too. =)

Comment

Thing is, EF does not work for IO unless it is strictly Great Wall. OSS is great but is like Zatar in how flat and exposed it is. Not the best of IO maps. And TQ, lame, it would be about as good Kubra in IO.

Originally posted by RocketChild
                            I can't think of how many times I have said that! They need to add SF options into BF2. At least, get the flipp'in spec-ops it!
                            Man that is a great idea! Where did you come up with that one?! Yes, Great Wall needs some of the SF options. Where is the petition, I'll sign it twice!

Comment

I check out the server tonight!!
                              Love to play some wall IO

Comment

Working...
                              X