Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to shoot down a helicopter

Hello all
    Just a quick question. I am just started using the jets and looked at some of the helpful information about flying and bombing from this site.

Can you please tell me the best way to shoot down a helicopter from the sky. Should I slow down and take aim or use the missiles?

What have you found the most effected way. Seen it done many times and even been blown up in the black hawk. I am using a joystick

Many thanks

Re: best way to shoot down a helicopter

SRAW all day kid.

Comment

ram them.

pirate style

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
        ram them.

pirate style
        hahaha

Comment

Jeeps. Somehow this ended up being the real AA of BF2 which is rather lame if you ask me. However when I used to play a lot of BF2 before good mods like USI and PoE came out, I would grab a jeep and then find a spot out of the way to take out helos. 9 out of 10 times I would take down the helo.

Comment

Ok, whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat.. DO NOT... slow down.. lol...

That does nothing to help you. It only acts against you. Why? Cause #1, your jet is more sensitive/manueverable when it's going fast. As you lower your speed you should notice you can barely even "aim". So the faster you go, the more precision you have. It takes a lot of practice to get good with cannons but eventually you will get it.

#2, when you are going slow, that makes you vulnerable to almost anything... literally. Now jeeps and tanks have a pretty good shot at you.. and lets not even start with enemy jets. If you get caught like that, you're dead in the water (literally.. lol).

The one thing I can say though that will really help, is stay fast, come from their 4-5 o'clock/7-8 o' clock, and aim at the cockpit (but in order to hit the cockpit glass, you have to lead the target.. so just aim a little bit in front of them [like 2m in front or something]).

Comment

The best method to kill a chopper is when you are coming at them, from a small upwards angle, with a high speed. Then aim for the coccpit window. Its the fastest way to kill a chopper. The risk here is, that the gunner is good and may TV you down, this is where you approach in an angle so that they wont see you.

Otherwise, always choose an angle at which they wont see you, which usually is from the sides or from behind.

The reason I praise the attack from the front is, because it seems that most hits are registered when the attack is made from that angle and I usually damage my targets the most then.

Comment

Please note guys, he said 'from the air'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  The best method to kill a chopper is when you are coming at them, from a small upwards angle, with a high speed. Then aim for the coccpit window. Its the fastest way to kill a chopper. The risk here is, that the gunner is good and may TV you down, this is where you approach in an angle so that they wont see you.

Otherwise, always choose an angle at which they wont see you, which usually is from the sides or from behind.

The reason I praise the attack from the front is, because it seems that most hits are registered when the attack is made from that angle and I usually damage my targets the most then.

Yeah I noticed that too, but I don't like taking chances. Plus, if you come from their front, you are both moving towards eachother so you have less time. If you come from a 45 degree angle or so, to their side, coming from the back, I get the same results... I still kill them in ~1 second coming from the side. But I also only play on servers I ping under 80.

Comment

I am the best method to shoot down a helicopter.

:laugh:

Comment

put me in the chopper

i cant fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir-Hussein
                        ram them.

pirate style
                        Made me chuckle :laugh:

Well I just keep my speed and only use the guns and take a long turn since you don't want to overshoot your target or ram it. (lol, noobs )

Comment

Nothing better thana ram, especially after theyve made that long flight all the way from the carrier.

Comment

An alternate approach if you suck with the cannons (like I do) is to switch to bomb mode, shoot at them and when you get really close quickly switch to missiles and fire. Even without a lock, you have reasonable chances of getting them

Comment

You can always fly by the essex, as it fires missile if you flare out just right you can make every one hit the chopper as you come by, you need to time everything perfectly and HOPE the pilot in the chopper does break corse. ive done it maybe a max of 8 times.

Comment

Working...
                              X