Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob toob/Assault class reborn in Infantry Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob toob/Assault class reborn in Infantry Only?

Now that I/O has given us superhuman, fast-running, grenade, paddles, health and g36e-toting medics, I've been tinkering with some of the other kits again, and I've found the g/l is a pretty good tactical weapon. Some tactics:

1) Walk into an enemy-held area, or an area thick with red dots, and knock one down. Hide, wait for one of the enemy medics (or all of the) to come running and revive him. Knock them both down, reload, hide. Wait for the rest of the enemy to come running with shock-paddles bared. Launch g/l, again...and on and on. It helps if your team has already taken out the enemy's radar.

2) The "bounciness" of the g/l at close range lets you take out a room full of would-be flag takers at the Junkyard in Jalalalalalabad.

3) Smoke and flashbangs (especially flashbangs) are getting to be even more helpful when the enemy moves in bulk during I/O rounds.

So, while most on I/O are playing medic, I've been having quite a bit of fun playing Assault and hookering up points with the trusty g/l.

Re: Noob toob/Assault class reborn in Infantry Only?

I was never a GL user back in the early days, when it was notorious. I picked it up just after 1.3 patch was released and loved it. It is a great tool now in IO mode because the splash damage allows for you to wound two-three people and finish them off with a quick AK spray.

I have been n00bed by claymores and PKMs, so I kinda feel like, WTFever, this is my ghey tool that brings me to the front.

LOL, speaking of. Someone asked for me to be kicked today from Insomnia Sharqi because I was raping people so bad. I had to explain to the kid that I was

a) Assault so I had extra armor.
    b) Had the AK, so I had harder hitting bullets.
    c) Had a GL so I could clean people out before they got the drop.
    d) Have good tactics that allowed me to kill 5-6 people before I die (because of the three above).

Gotta love the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
      I was never a GL user back in the early days, when it was notorious. I picked it up just after 1.3 patch was released and loved it. It is a great tool now in IO mode because the splash damage allows for you to wound two-three people and finish them off with a quick AK spray.

I have been n00bed by claymores and PKMs, so I kinda feel like, WTFever, this is my ghey tool that brings me to the front.

LOL, speaking of. Someone asked for me to be kicked today from Insomnia Sharqi because I was raping people so bad. I had to explain to the kid that I was

a) Assault so I had extra armor.
      b) Had the AK, so I had harder hitting bullets.
      c) Had a GL so I could clean people out before they got the drop.
      d) Have good tactics that allowed me to kill 5-6 people before I die (because of the three above).

Gotta love the kids.
      I also never "warmed up" to the GL in the beginning, but I love it now, I can beat most guys 1 on 1, but when I run into a squad loaded full of PKM's out comes the GL, it is a great "equalizer"

I see nothing "ghey" about the Gl myself really lol

LG SB

peace

Comment

as soon as i played bf2 my first weapon was the M16 w/ M203

man did i rack up points.

if io i play wit nade lancher

non io G3

Comment

It is a great tool against the PKM. It levels the playing field for many situations. It is great hitting snipers on a roof next to an A/C unit, good for hitting a unit prone next to a wall, knock out a buggy racing your direction, clear out a CP from a distance.

It takes some skill, but it is all-around handy to know how to use. Just sucks that people don't like to be killed without a chance. I still think that claymores with FF off is a 1000x worse then the GL ATM.

Besides, if someone does get the drop on you, if you hit them with some splash damage, someone right behind you cleans out the guy that killed you because you injured the hell out of them.

Comment

After countless hours on the demo, and a few months now on vanilla, I still haven't really got the hang of the G/l. I suppose I do alright with it, but my perception of distance and elevation keeps me from using this too often.

I've seen the "pros", and although it gets a tad annoying when it's all they use, I have to tip my hat to them.

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
              After countless hours on the demo, and a few months now on vanilla, I still haven't really got the hang of the G/l. I suppose I do alright with it, but my perception of distance and elevation keeps me from using this too often.

I've seen the "pros", and although it gets a tad annoying when it's all they use, I have to tip my hat to them.
              Funny thing about the people that use it all the time, people still rip them when they are not using the GL because they still are proficient with other weapons.

Comment

Funny thing about the people that use it all the time, people still rip them when they are not using the GL because they still are proficient with other weapons.
                Yeah, when I first started playing BF2 full I was amazed at how versatile some of these players were... I was used to the demo where everyone was usually one kit, using one weapon.. Alot of skilled players out there, someday I hope I'll be one of them. Practice makes perfect I guess..

Comment

56,800 + kills and 478 with the GL. :laugh: I just never got into it. I like hand grenades so much more. I can never get a GL in the places I can get a hand grenade. Mainly on roofs. So I always went medic for the assault rifle and hand grenades. For me the single pump shotgun was reborn in IO. So many snipers and medics that go down with one shot. Plus support guys with nades in there hands are easy pray.

Comment

I use the GL often but mainly on hackers. One shot and its good bye. I also find it real funny that some of them will come back with the GL to get revenge. Lots of fun to kill them again but with the assualt gun this time. I have a style of play that might be called in your face style. I find a lot of people arent prepared for someone to just run up and fight the battle as close as possible to them. The shotguns in this game also work well with this style of play.
                    I might live longer if I didnt play this way but I wouldnt get as many flag caps or have as much fun. Oh well guess thats just me.
                    Back on topic, I love the granade launcher but I always remember every weapon has its time and place to be used. Thats why I dont use the Granade Launcher all the time. Its also why I will usually pick up the dead enemy troops kit and use it. Nothing better than killing an enemy Medic and then getting his kit and dropping some med packs for myself. I bet that really gets them mad. Heh heh heh. . . . . . . .Red

Comment

I love the GL, if anyone complains that I am noob toobing, I simply say... "oh I'm sorry, am I ruining your medic whore fest". Great tool to use and I will admit that it takes a lot more skills to use then from the old patch where splash damage was incredibly wide and deadly. Now you actually have to try and hit them on the spot for the kill. There is nothing cheap about the GL that the clay and over-power support kit doesn't have. I say use it if it's in the game...... cause it's gonna get nerfed sooner or later.

Comment

I have 1,646 kills right now with the GL. Almost all of those kills were made within the last 2 months or so. I looked at a screen shot I made of my kit stats back in April and I had about 130 kills.

Originally posted by redrider
                        I have a style of play that might be called in your face style.
                        You know, that is what I was saying back up top with my list. The last item is what I mean. I will charge hard at the enemy, with the GL out first, then quick switch to the AK after I pop off. I can normally clear out a couple people quick. It often will catch people off guard when I have killed 4 people, I am out of ammo, and I will run straight at the enemy while my gun is reloading (or, I'll pickup the dead person's kit because it might have a full clip). I did that today and the guy called me a hacker because I was able to reload and kill off two more people after killing four.

If you have a couple medics in your squad, and you have one or two assault out front, you will just rape the enemy.

God, I love when snipers hit me when I am assault, they barely damage you.

Comment

All great comments. The infantry only mode is surprisingly fun--I have just started getting back into again over the last couple of weeks (Oblivion went on sale about two months ago ). Watching the huge cloud of red dots moving towards you in the minimap, and knowing they're mostly medics, turns the game from a one-on-one to a one-on-four, or one-on-six, or a one-on-twelve engagement because it isn't enough to kill your opponent. In order to cost them tickets, you've got to stop them from reviving, which means you almost have to end all of them. In order to win, I hide and pick off individuals, and wait for the inevitable medic.

Only problem is that this gets to be a fairly repetitive style of game play...maybe I'll check out some of the other maps.

Comment

Only problem is that this gets to be a fairly repetitive style of game play...maybe I'll check out some of the other maps.
                            Nah, BF2 is like Fruit Cake. It never gets old.

Comment

first of all the gl is not a noobweapon at far distances

Comment

Working...
                              X