Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dogfighter, give this paper to your English teacher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dogfighter, give this paper to your English teacher.

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    the US army only uses F-18/F-15,
    Please tell me you aren't referring to the actual U.S. Army IRL.

Comment

*Stratorun - Im willing to bet that this was a discovery of a mistake. The higher the jet is, the faster it will go, but above 800 feet, the speed boost becomes enourmous with JSF getting a massive 4000+ KPH maximum speed
      Wow that cleared things up for me. I always thought I was going a LOT faster when I go really high but could never tell for sure because I can barely read the hud.

Comment

lol good read...

and about giving this to ur english teacher...one of my friends alawys writes about bf2 for his english stuff...*shakes head* teacher doesnt like it

Comment

Well Done. As an aspiring "Maverick", It will be put to good use.

Comment

i really liked reading that

Comment

Because I am in the BF2C thing, the US army only uses F-18/F-15, so it's a little more fair. So I have been doing alot of F-18 vs Mig and F-18 vs J-10... and IMO, F-18 is still the worst jet. J-10 being the best, Mig, then F-18. The advantages the F-18 had over the mig was the center-mounted MG, but now EVERY jet has that, thanks to DICE. So...
              Well, purely statistically the F18 is actually inferior. Ive made some research regarding the fighter jets, putting most jet details I could find into a statistical system, but truth is, Im not willing to "publish" it just yet because in general "maneuverability" aspect F35 is leading the board and I cant find a way to take it down (mathematically, classing various maneuverability aspects into one), and since it doesnt feel right, well...

Anyway, to combine all aspects of a jet, classing certain stuff above others, MiG beats F18. But I love F18 above all because its the closest jet to F35B that has a fighting chance against others. Its agile, it rolls well and it has pretty sharp response to controls. Im willing to bet that if the afterburner counter was 15 seconds instead of 10, you would fancy it a lot more.

As for BF2C, after my system upgrade, I might join one of those dogfight competitions myself, that is, if people actually play BF2 by then.

And 12oclock, I think its time for you to stop baiting people, especially when you fail at it.

Comment

MAn that was an excellent read, loved it, gonna implement the tactics and info!

If only i had a joystick....

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                  Please tell me you aren't referring to the actual U.S. Army IRL.

Read the whole sentence next time..

"Because I am in the BF2C thing, the US army only uses F-18/F-15, so it's a little more fair."

BF2C is like an organised BF2, with 8 teams that play against eachother. It has a ton of people playing.

Comment

That bf2c thing sounds cool now if only my ****ing isp would let me have my good connection back i could play with the americans by far the best people ever and im english.

Comment

Originally posted by mardgee
                      That bf2c thing sounds cool now if only my ****ing isp would let me have my good connection back i could play with the americans by far the best people ever and im english.
                      Couldnt agree with you more, I live in Eastern Europe and I have absolutely no hesitation whenI choose a high ping US server over a low ping EU one. Americans, they have a lot of immature imbecils, but also the best group of gamers aswell.

The coolthing about non-american imbecils is that they usually dont talk, or the stuff they do say, I cant understand and it just gets ignored.

Comment

yep you join a squad on insomnia you normally have a few little kids but if you can find some one who knows how the game works you can have a very good time easily.

Comment

Read the whole sentence next time..

"Because I am in the BF2C thing, the US army only uses F-18/F-15, so it's a little more fair."

BF2C is like an organised BF2, with 8 teams that play against eachother. It has a ton of people playing.
                          I DID READ THE WHOLE SENTENCE, being that my life isn't BF2, the only BF2c anything I know is the Client program for administrating servers. If you wan't to clarify WTF the "BF2c thing" is that might iron out the static created by your statement.

Comment

That's really cool and all, but what do you do with your time outside of Battlefield 2?

I mean, where do you come up with the time to write something like that?

Good read though.

Comment

/me claps Nice guide chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                                J-10 tail section blocks missiles field of view at the heatsource and its hitbox mesh is at a degree which promotes missiles not registering a hit at the target. Its advised to shoot from angles at which the missiles approach the target so that they see the heatsource, in J-10 case its from the sides or from its belly.
                                Could you expand on that a little please? Do you mean say, 15 degrees port or starboard off their tail or more a acute angle than that?

As far as the belly is concerned, that seems the hardest as when you ping them for lock (apart from flaring) they either pull a loop up, or swing to the left or right, either way, even if you are 15 degrees below, keeping the belly in sight is a tall order - I cant ever remember anyone that dived down exposing more belly from a lock ping but I suppose it must happen sometimes.

In an attempt to understand J10 mesh Ive been on wake servers with just one other person, gone US and flew over to grab the spare J10 to dogfight - its frustrating being able to follow them loop for loop but watching the missiles just peel off from a full lock when fired from a <5 degree angle, one that would knock an F35 stone dead.

Lastly, with my own method I calculated that the turning circle of the j10 vs the f35 is close to 20% different around a median of 200ft altitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X