Battlefield series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield series.

I'm thinking of buying previews BF series. I've looked at some BF1942 videos, the official intro movie looks well good, how about the game itself? Is it worth it? Is it better/worse than BF2? I've also seen moving ships on BF1942, are they controled by the player? What else can you do with the ships?

What other BF2 series are there? and DC mod for 1942, is it free?

Is it worth buying previews series at all? Are they more skilled?

Thanks!

Re: Battlefield series.

you can buy the BF1942 Anthology pack which includes BF1942 and all expansion packs (got it in the house)

Comment

Wow and I almost bought BF1942 for £12.99 and Secret wapons for £2.99 today! Good thing the guy couldn't find the 1942 disc then eh! lol Thanks for the link, the price is well good!

Is Vietnam a different BF series? What other series are there? And are they worth buying at all? Good gaming?

Comment

Don't get NAM unless you really want to, it was pretty bad.

1942 is awesome and by far the best BF game made so far.

For mods I suggest DCF (DC .7 + DCF) and Forgotten Hope. There are other mods there but I am afraid to say that last time I checked, they were all dead.

Comment

2 best mods ever made for bf1942 (free)

FH is a huge mod I engoy it very much

Comment

Get battlefield 1942 only and download Desert Combat mod. DC is a FREE MOD.
            Both games are far better than BF2, heck even the intro is better. Best of all, you don't have to worry about stats and whiners, you will find out quickly it takes skills to play BF1942/DC.

I suggest you visit youtube or google video and type bf1942 / desert combat under search and watch the vids.

Here is DCF promo vid, one of my fav.
            We had the privilege of beta testing for Desert Combat Final, this movie was filmed with fraps during that time. It was eventually released as an official Pr...

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA
              Get battlefield 1942 only and download Desert Combat mod. DC is a FREE MOD.
              Both games are far better than BF2, heck even the intro is better. Best of all, you don't have to worry about stats and whiners, you will find out quickly it takes skills to play BF1942/DC.

I suggest you visit youtube or google video and type bf1942 / desert combat under search and watch the vids.

Here is DCF promo vid, one of my fav.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZXTykRCo4
              maybe so but for getting 1942 & the expansion packs for under 10 quid aint bad and will be hard to find it cheaper seperatly

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                maybe so but for getting 1942 & the expansion packs for under 10 quid aint bad and will be hard to find it cheaper seperatly
                That was only regret, I didn't bother buying the expansion packs. I heard they were a lot of fun. People still play them?

Comment

BF1942 was the best game in the series and one the greatest PC games of all time (expansions suck though).

BF:V was "meh" but it was alright (better than 2142 for sure).

BF2 was a revitalization of the entire series and almost as good as 1942.

BF2142 is pure crap and the death of this series.

So I think you'll find that BF1942 is a great game if you aren't one of those shallow gamers who favors graphics over gameplay.

Comment

i like 1942 its fun but a challenge also trying to work backwards with games and their controls, especially learning to repair the planes its not as easy as BF2 and the spanner runs out

Comment

Get 42' and it 's expansion packs if it's more affordable that way.

Looking back on my expereince in 42' I can say my general memories are more pleasant ones.

While BF2 lured me in with many features and new graphics for my new computer, it hasn't been nearly the enjoyable expereince I had in BF42'.

Don't forget about the CTF mode of play in 42' it can be very competitive and an awesome alternative to conquest play.

Sometimes I feel bad that I don't open up 42' more often and give it a bash.

Comment

Some links about THE game
                        Have fun...enjoy FH
                        Hard as hell but great game play

Comment

Its a shame that the Wagoogees Omaha shut down. I used to play on that server ALL the time. Hell, I played Halo for PC before 1942, and I wasnt used to the whole 'regular' server that you always play on.

At least Moongamers still has an Omaha. Right?

Comment

I will cry the day there is nobody left playing 1942 but me.

Comment

There are still servers populated all the time, however no 64 player servers, so no extreme large scale battles. But they are running the more exotic game modes a lot: Team Death Match (whoever dies the most loses) and Capture the Flag. It's still a great game no matter how old it is. One of the things that stands out to me is no Air to Air missiles killing with the click of a button with ease, it's back to old fashioned MGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X