Serious Help Needed, Lag on Single player W/good Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Help Needed, Lag on Single player W/good Computer

Hey Everybody that reads this and can help out.

I have a Computer i made myself here, And i have been having huge problems with single player/ multyplayer lag.
    Heres the specs of my comp:

ASUS Motherboard
    3.0 Gig Pentium 4 prcesor
    2 Gigs of Ram
    G-force Nvidia 6600 gt Graphix card
    52x cd reader

I surpass oll of the recomended requirments, and i still get lag on 800x600 rez, everything on low. And my understaNDING is that my comp should run the game maxed almost.

I think it may be my power supply only being 350 Watts, But im not sure, cause i just reformated my computer and i thought that would fix it but no... it also happens to me on CSS (counter-Strike Source) and it always restartesmy computer after a while of play, But i can play COD2 perfectly on Max'ed setting and it runs smooth o lag at all... So i am wondering... WTF is the problem with my computer.

Oh yeah, Ill ask this 2...
    I cant access my RAID Bios... I mean i hit "tab" and i get the menu, buti cant see if anything is overclocking or anything is set2 high..

PLEASE HELP ME, Im not coputer illiterate, but i have no idea what it could be so i asking you.

Re: Serious Help Needed, Lag on Single player W/good Computer

Power supply can be the cause... also look at heat as a possible performance issue.... Take a look at your monitor for perofmance issues as well.

Comment

My monitor is fine, It has nothing to do with it.

Im going to buy a 500 Watt powersupply hopeing that will fix the problem, cause i wanna be ale to play freakin Bf 2142, and Bf2 with no problems... Any other help u can offer please?

Comment

Check for all your fans working... Do you have enough cooling?

Comment

100% sure i have enough cooling, but its weird, cause my comp randomly restarts when im playing COD2 or CSS... but im sure its not a cooling problem

Comment

I had a similar issue not too long ago and it was an issue with my CPU fan coming unseated just slightly. Not enough to notice by sight. I pulled the fan off and noticed that one, only one, of mounts unseated. I reapplied the heatsink fully and everything was fine afterwards. Only happened when running processor heavy apps like games. The rest of OS and application functions worked fine.

Comment

... hmmm, I could check that.

Its weird, cause on COD2 (being a very demanding game for the cpu) i expierence no Lag, no chop, its always smoother with everything maxes running 1240 by 960 rez. but on BF2 with everything low or off and 800X600 i lag like a mofo on single player, and on CSS i have a ping of 13 and i lag like if i had a ping of 500 with a 700MHz Cpu

Comment

Re: SERIOUS LAG PROBLEM With a Good comp -plz Help

that 6600 is holding u back get a 7600,decnt card for good price and runs on all high.

Comment

are you sure?I mean i run COD2 maxed, and thats more demanding than BF2 isint it?

Comment

i guess,but bf2 is one of the most demandning games in terms of graphics,also wat speed is that meemory?

Comment

i run it with a 6600gt and never get lag problems,

are there any other progs running in background, or you running active AV protection,

Comment

Just reformated the computer like 2 days ago. No pics/ Vids, un nessesary programs, nothing... i thought at first it would be the CPU thats Fried but COD2 runs smooth.... also i have 2 gigs of ddr 400 ram, Way more than the recomended

Comment

threads merged

Comment

I am running a 6800 and a 500W PSU and have never had an issue with lag. Even when my system was overheating 72 degrees C on the CPU, I would not get any lag.....my computer would just shut itself down!

I would definitley look into getting a 500W PSU for that card!

I aslo have 7 fans in my case now so I solved my heat issue, and it runs smooth with very little lag! The only time I get any lag is when my ping shoots up to like 300.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bquamb
                              Just reformated the computer like 2 days ago. No pics/ Vids, un nessesary programs, nothing... i thought at first it would be the CPU thats Fried but COD2 runs smooth.... also i have 2 gigs of ddr 400 ram, Way more than the recomended
                              if your CPU was fried your computer wouldnt power on

so i would take it you mean your GPU, COD2 & CS;S are totally different to BF2 you cant really judge performance between them, despite what the recommendations on the back of the box they arent truthfull with all the patches that have been inroduced chagning the gameplay with additions,

Comment

Working...
                              X