Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a PC from separated components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building a PC from separated components.

Hey Ramirez

I am assuming by your question that this is your first new build.
    I am not writing to tell you what components are better then other. (We all use the best components we can afford)

By the way all your components look good, all I would have suggested is 2 GB of Ram instead of one. (BF2 really runs much better on 2 GB)
    Is your memory Dual Channel? If so make sure to install it into the correct slots to take advantage of the Dual channel
    Do you know how to setup your bios to boot from the SATA drive?

I would also download all the latest drivers from the ASUS website ( I hope for your sake that they have upgraded their downloads area or this can take a while)

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions as I have built several machines in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by -UoS-Blitz
      Hey Ramirez

I am assuming by your question that this is your first new build.
      I am not writing to tell you what components are better then other. (We all use the best components we can afford)

By the way all your components look good, all I would have suggested is 2 GB of Ram instead of one. (BF2 really runs much better on 2 GB)
      Is your memory Dual Channel? If so make sure to install it into the correct slots to take advantage of the Dual channel
      Do you know how to setup your bios to boot from the SATA drive?

I would also download all the latest drivers from the ASUS website ( I hope for your sake that they have upgraded their downloads area or this can take a while)

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions as I have built several machines in the past.
      Yep, my first build.

Thanks about that, I'll ask you if something comes to my mind.

Comment

First of all....is all that stuff compatible???

Start with motherboard. Got to mobos site and they should have a list of compatability for CPU, RAM, Graphics Cards, Recommended PSU.

Check Voltage requirements for Graphics card...make sure PSU has enough juice on 12V rail for a 7950 you might want a 600W!

You will need thermal compound for CPU, and a CPU cooling fan if one did not come with the CPU. Also you might need different brackets to attach CPU to mobo if you did not get a factory direct CPU with all the extra hardware.

You might want extra fans too if you case does not have good air flow.

Start out barebones...mobo on table top, add CPU (thermal compound and cooling fan), Add RAM, Add Graphics card, hook to PSU and make sure everything is okay. (no beeps or messages if mobo has voice messaging for errors.)

Next put all that in case...repeat test.

Next add hard drive and a CD/DVD/or writable drive, then format HD
        boot....see if any error messages

If everything is okay, then add additional drive, soundcards....etc

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
          First of all....is all that stuff compatible???

Start with motherboard. Got to mobos site and they should have a list of compatability for CPU, RAM, Graphics Cards, Recommended PSU.

Check Voltage requirements for Graphics card...make sure PSU has enough juice on 12V rail for a 7950 you might want a 600W!

You will need thermal compound for CPU, and a CPU cooling fan if one did not come with the CPU. Also you might need different brackets to attach CPU to mobo if you did not get a factory direct CPU with all the extra hardware.

You might want extra fans too if you case does not have good air flow.

Start out barebones...mobo on table top, add CPU (thermal compound and cooling fan), Add RAM, Add Graphics card, hook to PSU and make sure everything is okay. (no beeps or messages if mobo has voice messaging for errors.)

Next put all that in case...repeat test.

Next add hard drive and a CD/DVD/or writable drive, then format HD
          boot....see if any error messages

If everything is okay, then add additional drive, soundcards....etc

Good Luck!
          Yeah they're all compatible, checked it.

Yeah, I'm going to buy a 580W power-supply. (recommendation 500-600)

And yeah, the CPU should have a fan, and I'm bying an extra one, too.

And at last, I think I still let an expert do the assembling, formatting etc. I got no experience from that, lol.

Comment

Working...
          X