I had the Invulnerability Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had the Invulnerability Bug

Just got off a server, where I had the invulnerability bug for the very first time in 550+ hours of BF2 time.

It was on an IO server, just about full. Round started (Jalalabad). I was USMC but I wanted to be MEC, so I clicked on MEC and spawned in.

I look around, and all the MEC are red to me. I figure I've got the red bug.

They turn around and start shooting at me. But this is where it gets strange... I couldn't be hurt!

They shot and shot and nothing happened. So I started shooting back. And I killed them, and it showed up as legit kills, not TKs.

It was strange. At first, it was fun and funny, to be in the middle of all these guys jumping around, throwing nades at me, even trying to C4 me, while I was pistoling and RPKing them.

But it also felt very bad. I told everyone (J) that I had the invulnerability bug, but nobody cared. I started a squad called WTF, to flag the situation, but again, nobody cared or chatted or anything.

So I'd just wade into a group of MEC and hose them all down. Got to 31 and 0, but it felt TERRIBLE. At first it was funny, but then it became very un-fun, because I thought of how angry I'd be if it was happening to me.

I ran over to the USMC side, and they didn't shoot me. So I ran back into the middle of the battle, and I got killed by a USMC grenade. After that, I spawned like normal, and died like normal, but still I left the server right away because I felt like such a low-life for shooting the MEC while invulnerable.

So, the moral to this story? Unless it's straight-up competition, it's no fun. An unfair advantage in the game takes away the fun of the person with the advantage.

You might call me a loser for thinking this way, but I hope that I never get the Invulnerability Bug again. It's too tempting to exploit the situation, and there's too much guilt if you do.

It's not worth it, and what's even worse is that now somebody on that server will probably report me as a suspected hacker, and I'll get wiped. Oh well.

Re: I had the Invulnerability Bug

interesting

Comment

What?!?! You didn't want to point whore the whole round and go 100-0? You could have gotten gold!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of players out there who would exploit it to the extreme. I'm glad to see that you had some sense about it.

There could have been some fun things to do with this bug like super-jumping somewhere by using C4. Anyway, good story.

:edit: I for one would have wreaked havoc in the game, but then again I play with the same guys almost every time (same server always).

Comment

Although you did the right thing in the end... you should have left when you first noticed it. Now all those people know your name and associate with exploiting... although you didn't really because you left the game before the stats could be counted which is more than I can say about so many other player out there.

Comment

so you walked away with a 60/70 score. at least you didnt abuse the bug

Comment

good for you

Comment

Great decision man.

Comment

I would've just sprinted around running into people while they shoot at me, lol. Then maybe knifed a couple...

Comment

if i had that bug i woulda got ma expert pistol badge lol

Comment

lol ... TBH, i wouldve used it to get my knife and pistol badges...its just to hard to pass :P

Comment

I think I was in that server. You didn't leave, you stayed and played 2 more rounds.!?!?!?!?!

Comment

lol, well done, but as was already said you should've left when it first happened. You never know when some zealot has fraps running to submit to BFROE or something. Maybe fire off an email to Dice or EA explaining what you did to cause it. Perhaps they can fix it down the road if they do any more patching.

Comment

Unless the server crashes, even if you leave halfway through a round, you still get the points accumulated. Just FYI.

Comment

I would have made alot of enemies that round,lol.I would have killed EVERYBODY!I dont care about morals,or being nice to everyone I see in the entire map.I play my game whatever way suits me to have the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
                              Just got off a server, where I had the invulnerability bug for the very first time in 550+ hours of BF2 time.
                              This bug never happened to me. You should report it.
                              It seems like an impossible bug to me, since you were not immune to USMC fire.
                              Was it a FF off server?

Comment

Working...
                              X