Give some love to engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Give some love to engineers

did they nerf the arty or buff the armor so tat armor can survive better in arty strike??? when i was in armor i have taken a large half chunk of my health from an arty strike... or is it just my imagination???

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blackhawk5
      They get run over -The pwnd life
      yea i know i saw that to, but it is so true,they think they are bieng repaired by a supply crate and run me over. i dont puniseh them cuz im the idiot cuz im usin engineer:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER

Unless you are on a ATV you are way too easy for a vet tanker to hit

LG SB

peace
        Yup, always ATV. I only play SF now.

Comment

Ok.
          Perhaps I didn’t make myself clear.
          If we take a look at BF2, we see a modern war game.
          Why? Because we have modern vehicles, tanks, choppers, jets, modern weapons, UAV, scanning capability, dropping supplies and artillery. All these exist in real life.
          Sure, everything has been tone down, to fit within the game.
          Now let’s talk about support classes: engineer, medic and ammo supplier. They all have their counterpart IRL.
          The engineer’s ability to repair using a wrench has been extended to every object that needs repairs in game.
          Heal and revive have been upgraded to be easier to do than IRL.
          Support guy can supply his teammates with anything they need from his wonderful ammo bag (again, an exaggeration of the real thing).
          All these abilities have been introduced to increase the amount of fun. It’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun.
          At this point, some geek in the development team had a marvelous idea, perhaps after playing one too many strategy games: “-What if engineers, medics and support guys could extend their abilities when entering a vehicle?!”
          “-Kind of like in C&C Red Alert2, where you have these vehicles which could transform into something else, if they where entered by different infantry units”.
          “-Cool! Let’s do it!” said the others, without considering the overall consequences.
          Let’s analyze the impact of such supernatural abilities:
          -a support guy in a vehicle can supply the others. No immediate problem, you can kill them as easily as always.
          -a medic in a vehicle can heal the others. It is slightly harder to kill them, because their health is constantly regenerating. But since health is affected by any weapon on the battlefield, is not such a big deal.
          -an engineer in a vehicle is able to repair others. This is the most unbalanced feature of the game. Why? It’s because only a small number of weapons are able to damage armor. Therefore, armor’s regeneration is much harder to fight against than health’s regeneration.
          In the end, we see 3 classes getting a bonus for entering a vehicle. This bonus has nothing to do with skill (since the player is doing nothing for it, but get the ability nevertheless).
          If 3 classes get something for nothing, it’s an unbalance right there. What’s wrong with the other 4 classes, why shouldn’t they get something themselves?!
          For instance:
          A sniper in a vehicle should be able to serve like a mini radar for the nearby friendly troops.
          An assault in a vehicle should increase weapon’s damage of close by teammates (not by much, maybe 20%).
          An AT in a vehicle should give armor piercing capabilities to weapons around him.
          And so on…
          This is what I was talking about, magic abilities given to 3 classes, having no link to reality. Imagine you could drive, fight and repair in the same time IRL. The military would be all over it!
          If only these abilities would require the player to do something, like using the wrench to repair the other vehicles. It would be ok, no complains from me, since you can do that IRL. I can imagine a hand holding a wrench sticking out the window, doing repairs to the nearby vehicle. No problem.
          But having some magic power doing repairs for you, this is BS, unbalances things and should be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
            At this point, some geek in the development team had a marvelous idea, perhaps after playing one too many strategy games: “-What if engineers, medics and support guys could extend their abilities when entering a vehicle?!”
            “-Kind of like in C&C Red Alert2, where you have these vehicles which could transform into something else, if they where entered by different infantry units”.
            “-Cool! Let’s do it!” said the others, without considering the overall consequences.
            Let’s analyze the impact of such supernatural abilities:
            -a support guy in a vehicle can supply the others. No immediate problem, you can kill them as easily as always.
            -a medic in a vehicle can heal the others. It is slightly harder to kill them, because their health is constantly regenerating. But since health is affected by any weapon on the battlefield, is not such a big deal.
            -an engineer in a vehicle is able to repair others. This is the most unbalanced feature of the game. Why? It’s because only a small number of weapons are able to damage armor. Therefore, armor’s regeneration is much harder to fight against than health’s regeneration.
            I believe you're way off base there. The intention was that squads would use vehicles to from A to B together. They would attack the cp, then regroup in a vehicle and heal / rearm for the next battle. The "bonus" is to encourage teamwork, to encourage players to squad up and travel together.

In the end, we see 3 classes getting a bonus for entering a vehicle. This bonus has nothing to do with skill (since the player is doing nothing for it, but get the ability nevertheless).
            If 3 classes get something for nothing, it’s an unbalance right there.
            Right there, thats where you're coming from, the "bonus" you're obviously not getting. Theoretically this bonus is in fact repayment for the penalties these classes suffer, such as less body armour, shorter sprint, poor weapons, etc., etc. You're just sore because you don't play the classes that have these abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
              I believe you're way off base there. The intention was that squads would use vehicles to from A to B together. They would attack the cp, then regroup in a vehicle and heal / rearm for the next battle. The "bonus" is to encourage teamwork, to encourage players to squad up and travel together.
              If this bonus is given to encourage teamwork, how come only 3 classes get it?! Why not give every class a bonus for being in a vehicle and traveling together?!
              Right there, thats where you're coming from, the "bonus" you're obviously not getting. Theoretically this bonus is in fact repayment for the penalties these classes suffer, such as less body armour, shorter sprint, poor weapons, etc., etc.
              You are wrong here. Less body armor, shorter sprint and poor weapons are irrelevant when they are in a vehicle. They already get the bonus for being in a vehicle (in a tank, they get a super armor and super weapons). Why would they need even more?!
              You're just sore because you don't play the classes that have these abilities.
              You are wrong again. I have played every class and I’m proficient in all. It’s not about me, it’s about being fair.

Comment

Originally posted by firescout
                did they nerf the arty or buff the armor so tat armor can survive better in arty strike??? when i was in armor i have taken a large half chunk of my health from an arty strike... or is it just my imagination???
                You were lucky, & suffered a "near miss", a direct hit would have obliterated you

LG SB

peace

Comment

is you want to go engy, get some repair points, meet me on the GOTLAND armoured fury server

Comment

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question...

Answer to your question, Yes we do need Engineer tank whores.

Originally Posted by Batausu
                    The question I asked is: do we really need tank whores in this game?
                    If the answer is "no", then this ‘feature’ should be removed.
                    If the answer is “yes”, then I suggest the engineer should be able to repair his own vehicle, too. What?! He can repair others, but the magic doesn’t work on him, too?!

And the Engineer can repair his own vehicle, i guess you don't play Engi much?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEHUNT-UK
                      And the Engineer can repair his own vehicle, i guess you don't play Engi much?
                      I think you've misinterpreted his meaning. He means repair his own tank without getting out of the vechile. Like with two tanks side by side.

Comment

u can't do repairs in tanks unless u can see ur wrench, which is pretty much impossible unless ur in a transport

Comment

I think someone is just mad because they got raped by a pair of tanks driven by engiiis

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                            As a "tank whore" w/ 40,000+ kills I tell you that I am godlike to a team of sissy snipers w/ 10 to 1 k/d ratios some days, but when just 2, or 3 guys w/ "hair on their balls" challenge me w/ AT, or "get this" just 1 guy w/ some talent on the other team challenging me directly in their armor (instead of avoiding me so he can spawn camp) w/ help from just 1 AT guy to help him, make life miserable for me so that I barely break even:|:

But teamwork, & selflessness are in short supply on the battlefield, so I don't "lose a lot of sleep" lol

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER #144 ranked engineer

peace
                            40k kills wow that is alot of armour kills. im enginner whenever i try to get a tank in the begging of the game rush and i usally get there just after it gets tanken.

Comment

Working...
                            X