Give some love to engineers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give some love to engineers

Everybody knows engineers are not a popular class on the battlefield.
    Why it’s that?
    They have a decent shotgun that kill in one shot in close quarters, they have means to destroy a vehicle in one shot and they are handy to have around in a fire fight.
    But what happens when an engineer gets into a tank?
    Well, these are the words coming from an engineer driving a tank: “Bow before my magic, mortals!”
    It’s true. Just place one engineer in a tank and you’ll see. He can drive, fire a weapon and repair stuff all at once. But wait! There’s more:
    Place 2 engineers in 2 tanks driving in proximity and the magic truly reveals it self: they repair each other in an infinite stat padding fashion, multiplying the equivalent armor of both vehicles. Driving and fighting at the same time it’s an additional bonus.
    This engineer’s ability is a tank whore’s dream came true.
    If you have ever tried a RPG game before, then you should know: it’s like having an armor regenerating ring on your finger.
    Hey, magic has no place in a modern day’s war game! We are not playing WoW, are we?!
    Here is what I think: removing this god like ability would give tank whores a harder time and will stop them from being protected by these magic abilities. In the same time, an engineer would be more respected and more needed by his team, because of his increased responsibility and harder job.
    I love to play engineer. I love to have fun with AT mines and I especially love the shotgun. I also do my best to repair friendly vehicles. But I recognize there is a balance problem here: an engineer shouldn’t be a god as soon as he enters a tank. He’s still human, isn’t he?
    Please notice I didn’t mentioned anything about the repair points: these points could be revised, too, but are not the topic of this thread.
    I think an engineer should have to repair stuff like a man, with a wrench in his hand, under constant threat from enemy fire, like it’s supposed to be in a war.
    Not to hide himself like a p*ssy behind the metal armor.
    This ability given to engineers was a mistake from the beginning.
    I suggest you all watch Bungalow_Bill’s video fighting in a tank. People also knew him as PlaneWhore (perhaps he has even more names that we know nothing about).
    He made that movie as a gift for BF2 community, to show everyone how much better it is to play as a team. Learn from the master himself! This is the right way to fight in a tank for all good team players: whenever his tank was in need of repairs (and let me tell you, it was always in a lot of need!), he wasn't afraid to retreat to a protected close-by spot and then him and his gunner would get out of the tank and start repairing, like two pals working together in harmony.
    This is true teamwork, this is what we want to encourage in-game, not the whoring alone, side by side in 2 different vehicles and then say “it’s balanced; this is DICE’s intention for vehicles to stay close and repair each other”, exactly like an endless supply box hanging over them.
    Just ask yourselves this: do we really need armor self repairing tank whores in this game?!

Re: Give some love to engineers

I dunno wtf you are talking about. Engineer isnt GOD in a tank. Even with a bunch of other engineers + a supply box, they still arent god.

All you have to do is get a squad of 3 or 4 ATs and bust up some armor.

Comment

They get run over -The pwnd life

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
        “Bow before my magic, mortals!”
        I ROFL'ed at that. :laugh:

Comment

As a "tank whore" w/ 40,000+ kills I tell you that I am godlike to a team of sissy snipers w/ 10 to 1 k/d ratios some days, but when just 2, or 3 guys w/ "hair on their balls" challenge me w/ AT, or "get this" just 1 guy w/ some talent on the other team challenging me directly in their armor (instead of avoiding me so he can spawn camp) w/ help from just 1 AT guy to help him, make life miserable for me so that I barely break even:|:

But teamwork, & selflessness are in short supply on the battlefield, so I don't "lose a lot of sleep" lol

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER #144 ranked engineer

peace

Comment

thx.. me and my friend wil lbear this in midn .. we need badges!!

Comment

I have a magic wrench you can love and turn.

Comment

i often played as an engineer when driving a tank(im not a armor whore mind you) and i often hav gotten my fair share of deaths by leet TOW shooters(they really noe how 2 aim 4 the tracks). but still it is fun dumping mines on unsuspecting armor and watch them die(you might run the risk of being reared-end though)

Comment

Two guys in an organized squad with AA will own even the best tank whore. Add a medic and a Support gunner for ammo (and maybe some TS for comms), and you are a friggin godlike squad that will defend anything!

Comment

Lets see an Engie be God against my C4. : )

Comment

if u mean armor combat, it can still be possible 2 pwn them(unless its 1 tank vs 2 tank, all engineer, which i haven encountered yet). in this situation, from my experience, there is no turning back if u fight in terrain with limited cover. i managed 2 pwn a apc and a tank(but at the cost of my life lol ), just pray tat they miss their shot and dun forget tat who strike first wins
                      PS: anibody noes tat how much damage a .50 cal machine gun(mounted on tank) can do 2 another tank???

Comment

Sounds like someone had a bad round as AT

:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCircuitCash
                          Lets see an Engie be God against my C4. : )
                          LOL, I have killed hundreds of dudes before they could switch to the detonator, & rode aroung w/ C4 on my "grill"

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

The Engy class has been nerfed from the outset. If anything it needs the repair point rate increased (not the repair rate itself) and most everything else left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                              The Engy class has been nerfed from the outset. If anything it needs the repair point rate increased (not the repair rate itself) and most everything else left alone.
                              Presto, that would be the trick right there for making the engy class more competitive. Personally I think that the Saiga 12k is the best shotty in the game. It seems to be more accurate than the Dao-12 Protecta and M3 Jackhammer while delivering a good but not overpowered. The Remington M11-87 and Norinco 982 are more powerful of course but somtimes they miss shots to the point where it doesn't make sense, thus leaving the user extremely vulnerable in between shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X