Freezes when gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freezes when gameplay

Yeah, I guess nobody here knows how to fix this kind of problem for sure.......

Comment

Are you sure you're not talking about 2142???

Dasharatha, I'd recommend downloading a driver cleaner program and remove the catalyst drivers in exchange for Omega drivers.

Also, I must admit I fried my x800gt and put in a x1600PRO (I know, not an upgrade but it was free) and experienced the same problems. I almost reloaded windows but instead I used driver cleaner, reinstalled with the latest Omega drivers, reinstalled directX9, and (I know this sucks) reinstalled BF2, SF, 1.4, EF, AF, 1.4.

Also make sure your sound card drivers are up to date. (Just incase)

If that doesn't work, I give you full permission to kick me in the jewels.

Comment

Yeah I have the same problem. I think its AMD related.

Theres a range of servers called -= SGS =- Only one of them works with no problems, no freezes. The rest all freeze. I have no idea why.

I bought 2142 on Sat & I played it everyday for a couple hours with absolutely no problems. Then I re-installed it because a ***** patch i installed screwed up the server access.

Now its freezing in the exact same place as BF2 does.

I uninstalled and deleted all registry keys and files and it worked for about 5mins and then all of a sudden it froze. Now it freezes at the squad select screen or a couple seconds after I choose a spawn!

Im giving up. No-one has a clue how to fix this except to buy a new motherboard...this game really bites.

My PC is only 2 months old. AMD 3800+ with GeForce 7600GS. 2GB (2x1GB) and onboard sound & NIC.

Comment

Hmm....you think buying a better motherboard will help?

I feel ya mene, maybe this game got a bug too........

@ horrorbusiness, I thought this section was about bf2? Haha....oh yeah btw, even if i play it without sound, it hella freezes too, my keyboard, monitor, everythin'

Comment

Originally posted by Dasharatha
            I'm having a similar problem--within 15 to 30 minutes of gameplay, my screen will suddenly freeze, and the most recent sound will keep playing over and over. Nothing to do but a cold boot.
            Same problem here. Screen goes black and my keyboard doesn't work. I have to physically restart the computer. Other games work fine with no crashes at all. What's weird is that I had the same problem with Obilvion...until I disabled trees.

I played Strike at Karkland for about an hour last night. I tried Dragon Valley for about 5 minutes and then it freezes. I swear it's the fact that the Dragon Valley map has more trees in it.

My specs:

Athlon 3500+
            MSI K8N Neo 4-F
            2 gigs of ram
            nvidia 7800 gt
            windows media center edition
            audigy 2 zs sound card

Comment

Working...
            X