Freezes when gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezes when gameplay

What's up, I'm new here and thought I'd look for help - yesterday I bought this game and it's weird that it freezes when playing a game, like for example this guy just got out of tank when i was in front of him and I was tryin' to end his breath, then it damn froze and then had to restart comp....if this wouldn't have of happened, I would have got him and took the tank, hah

But for real though, it's weird, even in single player it does freeze when playing a game. When I'm playing it for about 5 or 30 or 15 minutes, and after these minutes, the game damn freezes itself and I have to restart. Why it's weird? Because other games I play (for example, quake 4, half life 2) everything's fine and smooth. What's wrong with this game?

Thanks, any help would be hugely appreciated

edit: p.s. or is there any patch for this?

Re: Freezes when gameplay

1st - Welcome to the forums.

2nd - Read the front page for information on patches, it will be more helpful than any one persons post. http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/

3rd - Post your computer specs.

Comment

I was just about to start a thread about this also.
      I have 1.4 Full install
      I clear my cache and defragged

Its in the middle of the round and this along with the usual CTD makes BF2 gameplay rare.

I have owned BF2/ all of their expansions for a while and this happened only after i reinstalled bf2

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ overclocked
      7800 gs agp latest drivers
      asus azn8x

I reinstalled bf2 after i got the 7800 gs
      PLz help us out, ill promise a little bit of good luck in bf2 if you Do!!!!! (no actual award)

p.s Revoluti0n, why do you have your installation order sigged?

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
        2nd - Read the front page for information on patches, it will be more helpful than any one persons post. http://totalbf2.filecloud.com/

there is no info on the front page for this link.

I had CTD on first installing 1.4 patch, then i removed the battlefield directory from mydocs and it runs somewhat but will freeze up now. So am looking for solution to this.

thanks

Comment

I have experienced the "62% load and ctd" when i tried to max (high, AA, etc) my in game video settings.

now i just run all medium, the only issues i get are that i get occasional frozen video when flying in helos, maybe once every 5 or 6 flights. sometimes i get the CTD, but it is rare, maybe once an hour.

i have only had the game a week or so, so i am still tweaking the settings and not tested if this happens in singleplayer. i also notice that my ping rate stays between 150-250, not sure why. Another thing is that when the game crashes, i check task manager and the bf2 process is using about 700M of ram, seems high? (may need to install more ram) I am thinking about reformating windows and reinstalling bf2 bc the box is overdue for a clean install.

I did install 1.4 patch, btw

even with these issues, today i am still somewhat happy with the game for now, heh....

Comment

Originally posted by akburst510
            AMD Athlon XP 2500+ overclocked
            I heard back in the days when Bf2 was first released, that the game disliked computers which have been overclocked, wether this is true i do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
              I heard back in the days when Bf2 was first released, that the game disliked computers which have been overclocked, wether this is true i do not know.
              well I unclocked my cpu and first round no freezes but a ctd :cry:

Comment

Well, here's bf 2's requirements...

Official system requirements -
                Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
                1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
                512 MB of RAM or more
                8x or faster CD/DVD drive
                2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
                Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible, must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:
                NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
                ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
                Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible (Sound Blaster X-Fi series recommended)
                Multiplayer requires 1 set of discs per PC and a broadband (Cable, DSL, or a faster) connection.

Thanks for the welcome, I believe I have specifications above these...............which patch should I d/l?

Comment

Screw it, I might consider selling it or selling it back

Comment

I'm having a similar problem--within 15 to 30 minutes of gameplay, my screen will suddenly freeze, and the most recent sound will keep playing over and over. Nothing to do but a cold boot.

I've been playing BF2 for over a year, but only the 1.4 upgrade for the past few days.

-- Dasharatha

Playing BF2 1.4 at 1600x1200x32@85Hz
                    Special Forces, Armored Fury, Euro Force

Intel Pentium 4 640 HT 3.20 GHz
                    Windows XP Pro SP2
                    2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
                    256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X850 XT PE
                    Catalyst 6.3 drivers for Windows XP
                    DirectX 9.0c
                    ViewSonic P95f+ 19 inch Ultrabrite CRT Monitor
                    Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
                    Creative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 Speakers
                    Logitech MX 518 Optical Mouse
                    Saitek Gamers Keyboard USB
                    Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro USB joystick

I just went and updated my Catalyst drivers from 6.3 to 6.9. Unfortunately, no joy; I've experienced two CTDs since with less that 10 minutes of play.

BF2--R.I.P.

Playing BF2 1.4 online at 1600x1200x32@85Hz
                    Special Forces, Armored Fury, Euro Force

Intel Pentium 4 640 HT 3.20 GHz
                    Windows XP Pro SP2
                    2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
                    256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X850 XT PE
                    Catalyst 6.9 drivers for Windows XP
                    DirectX 9.0c
                    ViewSonic P95f+ 19 inch Ultrabrite CRT Monitor
                    Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
                    Creative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 Speakers
                    Logitech MX 518 Optical Mouse
                    Saitek Gamers Keyboard USB
                    Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro USB joystick

Comment

Maybe we all should consider saying F*ck BF2.............................

everything just froze again after playing like 30 minutes, and had to restart comp again

Comment

did the comp restart it self? ive never seen it freeze in game...just CTDs

if it does restart itself, it can mean that ur computer was overheating cuz BF2 makes ur comp work hard

Comment

Nah mayne, the only way is i have to use the computer's power switch button, and it just everything freezes, even after it does, i just press "num lock" button to test key and small light doesn't even go off or on like it was supposed to, i guess that also means including the keyboard freezes too lol.....weird sh!t.....

Comment

I have a simliar problem...

Everything runs fine up until I'm actually connected to a server. Once connected, the keyboard and mouse are useless. I can't get past my kit/location selection screen. I can hear radio commands from my team, even watch what movement can be seen in the background.

The game is clearly running. For some reason I can't I/O.

Lordy...

Pentium D 3.4GHz
                            1G
                            ATI Radeon X600 (256 MB)

Any other specs required?

Tried the re-install thing...no go. I've played BF2 for about two weeks without a problem...then, suddenly...this. VERY frustrating.

Comment

Yeah, I guess nobody here knows how to fix this kind of problem for sure.......

Comment

Working...
                              X