Winning Karkland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winning Karkland

Agreed with Benis. Oh yeah, I got kicked for teamkilling before man. NoObS running into the most blatant claymores and deciding it was rude of me to neglect their stupidity and punishing me. Yay. Sorry when I got you, the nade found a mid air obstruction and bounced back, either that or I lagged out and turned left, threw, them right again in an instant. Trust me, happens alot.

MEC, holding back the USMC from all entrances for as long as possible. Usually the ticket difference becomes enough to have victory no matter what. We won a scrim by this.

USMC, cap a flag any flag FROM THE BEGINNING and proceed to spread out to every other unoccupied flag like a virus. You will notice they are all still protecting hotel except the armours. Get factory or gatehouse (64 or 32) and blow assests. Hold as long as possible. Win.

Do the work on teh flags first, then think about your score later. That's how I play and it prevents being stuck to one raped spawn point.

EditL And everything Six. said :| that's awesome

Comment

Here's an MEC strat that I have NEVER lost with if I've had a team follow my orders:

Immediately blow bridge to Gatehouse and mine the river entrance. Post one small squad at the break in the train consisting of 2 ATs to take out any APCs or jeeps that may try to blast through; if they fail, you have the mines for backup. Have most of your team spawn at Hotel and Square initially, and have a few good individuals stay around to wreak havoc on the USMC flooding to Hotel; the rest of your tem should lay traps (mines, claymores) and get into ideal positions to ambush USMC as they press forward.

Allow USMC to take Hotel with minimal effort. Give them Square, too, but put up a little bit more of a fight to drain some of their tickets off. At this point you have the USMC right where you want them! I know that sounds odd, but you do. DO NOT LOSE SUBURB. Next to Gatehouse, this is your absolute most important flag. If you control it, you control the high ground and your troops should have no trouble picking off USMC soldiers coming to take the flag. From Suburb you can also launch squads into attacks on the USMC flags at Square and Hotel, as well as give them vehicles to take the back route around to destroy commander assets at the USMC base, and possibly steal their vehicles. Essentially you want to control Suburb, Train Accident and Gatehouse (possibly Market, though that's really not necessary), and let the USMC come to you. By controlling these back points you neutralize the USMC armor advantage by giving them a LONG way to drive to get back to the fight, plus giving your troops ideal positions to ambush said armor and force them to make the long drive back. Since you control the high ground and many of the best and most well-protected camping spots on the map, holding your ground should not be a problem with even moderately decent players. As a commander you can direct your squads to spawn at either Suburb or Gatehouse/Train, depending on where the USMC is focussing their attack. Also, I sometimes let the USMC have Train Accident just so they overextend their attack and I can more easily take their back bases and have a good-sized force pinch down on them at Train - that flag is a killzone if your enemies are trapped there with nowhere to go.

So in short, there are three simple steps to winning as the MEC, provided your team will give up the pointfarm of Hotel:

1.) Control Suburb, Train (usually), and Gatehouse.

2.) Send light disruption from Suburb (or sometimes from Train/Market) into USMC-controlled territory every now and again.

3.) Win by a large margin.

Comment

My questions are:

1) WHO in their rightfully stupid mind caused by excessive amounts of BF2 would camp out at the stupid CP and potentially win the game?

No one! They all wanna get base raped at Hotel.

2) DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ****ING SPELL KARKAND?

Comment

@DVagabond..

Dude, my method is so much easier

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
            Six has done military service?

The trick to winning karkand, is get all the whores, and the best inf players you can onto your team. MEC or USMC, victory is assured.
            lol, alternatively, that would work pretty well too.

A lot of what I said would only work best when you're working along with a uniform team/squad/platoon whatever... in BF2... hardly ever would that be the case, unless you were playing with people you knew, or you're playing with your clan.

However; probably the most relevant thing in there is to not rush anywhere; you'll simply become sighted by the enemy if you don't take the time to cover your ***; and usually- if an enemy unit has nothing better to do, they may as well shoot down the first bogey they see.

Therefore, it's always wiser to never travel any further than the front of your forces (your team).

Think of it in ranges of danger; being in the back or far from the action, there's usually no action; so you won't get shot... unless you get run over by a friendly or TK'ed or you have a fan on the enemy team who loves to play sniper.

Moving with the rear of the front, theres mild danger- there's every chance of being shot at and potentially hurt, but- usually you'll have enough team-mates in front of you to keep you covered and take those bullets for you... lest you come up against heavier armament.

Sticking with the main body of the force probably bodes just as well as staying at the rear.

Going to the front is quite dangerous- as you'll be the first few people that the enemy picks off to get to the juicy main contingent they're fighting. But in a way, safe enough because you have the rest of your team behind you that covers your back... (provided they're all facing the right way).

Going further than the front is usually suicidal, unless you're taking a side-road, hoping to sneak through... In any case, you will most likely run into enemy units doing the same as you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
              @DVagabond..

Dude, my method is so much easier
              LOL You are definitely right!

Comment

Karkland, Kirkand, Karkand... but my favorite is still Karnad.

Anyway, if you want to act like a ***, just spam claymores everwhere. Yesterday, I joined a LegionAtWar server and EVERYONE (except me) were snipers and spamming claymores, the top left was filled with xxxx[claymore]xxxx

When I said "come on guys stop spamming claymores like n00bs" then, "You were kicked for disrespect toward others players" I was like wth ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
                  Agreed with Benis. Oh yeah, I got kicked for teamkilling before man. NoObS running into the most blatant claymores and deciding it was rude of me to neglect their stupidity and punishing me. Yay. Sorry when I got you, the nade found a mid air obstruction and bounced back, either that or I lagged out and turned left, threw, them right again in an instant. Trust me, happens alot.
                  Yea, the lags been pretty shocking on xtra and iconz lately huh.. must be their ISPs or something, my end of the line runs 100%.

BTW, throwing claymores down in friendly spawn points isn't going to net you many goodies XDXDXD

Comment

Hers my opinion, 1 the map is KARKAND, 2 You forgot to mention what to do after the Suburbs have been captured, 3 a little more detail could have been shown not just the basics.What about Squads and routes, I mean I could learn that from the official site.

Comment

Working...
                    X