• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I know why Volx is a grenade addict

Originally posted by Batausu
    This is where he plays right now:
    http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServ...Jalalabad.html
    Check his ping.
    188ms when i looked.....and what does that mean?, if i am unfortunate enough to play @ 188 it doesnt affect the game one jot, the tangible threshold is above that IMHO

also the average latency load on the server that session counts, as if everyone bar volx is low count and he is high, then it will be more forgiving for him, certainly for everyone else.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    Theres usually a reason why people pick high ping servers, and this has nothing to do with pings.

Spetznas says "Volx feeds of newbies", so maybe thats the thing? Or maybe hes got some buddies he plays with?

For me, its company. For Volx, easier targets perhaps?

188 isnt really that bad.
    forgive me, i am truly not trying to be funny here, but i dont understand how a high ping server dicates that it will be full of neophytes? - as it is relative to where in the world you are for each individual as to whether that server is high ping for you.

Comment

His ping are exactly as mines but I never spam nades the only constrian with this ping is the fact u cant drive any vehicles properly specially planes u can never hit the target, but I can get golds easily "ground pounding" only. No medic
      no support just assault.

Comment

It's at 230 when I checked. There's also a guy on there I game with alot. I'll ask him about it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
          forgive me, i am truly not trying to be funny here, but i dont understand how a high ping server dicates that it will be full of neophytes? - as it is relative to where in the world you are for each individual as to whether that server is high ping for you.
          You should rephrase that because I didnt understand jacksh!t, seriously. :laugh:

Comment

You should rephrase that because I didnt understand jacksh!t, seriously. :laugh:
            lol, crux of it says, theres no such thing as a high ping server across the board. it is relative to where each individual is playing from.

maybe you could explain to me how a "high ping" server allows one to pick on noobs...that would be very interesting to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
              lol, crux of it says, theres no such thing as a high ping server across the board. it is relative to where each individual is playing from.

maybe you could explain to me how a "high ping" server allows one to pick on noobs...that would be very interesting to hear.
              Oh ok, I know that theres no such thing as a "high ping server" speaking in general terms. The whole term "high ping server" is just to describe a server far away from you which offers you high latency. Nothing to do with the srever itsself, but a lot with YOUR distance from the server. I know thats what you meant.

As for high ping server offering newbies. You didnt quite understand.

I think Volx is playing on a server which has a lot of newbies, and this server happens to offer him high ping.

Comment

I bet those top ranked players like Volx get targeted alot.

Comment

Oh ok, I know that theres no such thing as a "high ping server" speaking in general terms. The whole term "high ping server" is just to describe a server far away from you which offers you high latency. Nothing to do with the srever itsself, but a lot with YOUR distance from the server. I know thats what you meant.

As for high ping server offering newbies. You didnt quite understand.

I think Volx is playing on a server which has a lot of newbies, and this server happens to offer him high ping.
                  cool, i get you, i understand the fact that a certain server may attract, for whatever reason noobs. no problem.

but you say and this server happens to give him high ping also, as if thats a deliberate bonus?? i understood from the early posts that ppl were speculating he may be resorting to nades because he was afflicted with a poor ping due to his server choice being remote from him.

and this server happens to offer him high ping.
                  now you say it as if he is deleberately coniving to have a high ping, coniving to play where there are noobs wanting a piece of him, i get. but wanting a high ping i dont, as you can make use of nades in high or low ping environments, but have more flexibility with low ping when you resort to sniping as he was earlier when i killed him close range with a pistol, just get that in there, lol

yeahi think i am getting the wrong end of the stick on some of these threads, which is cool, as some ppls explanations, just as mine arent, arent concise enough sometimes

Comment

No no. Ping is a non-factor, which is the main point. Doesnt matter how big or small. So basically, he plays in a low-skilled server that happens to have a high ping for him.

BTW, this is speculation. Ive never played with him in the same server.

Comment

No no. Ping is a non-factor, which is the main point. Doesnt matter how big or small. So basically, he plays in a low-skilled server that happens to have a high ping for him.

BTW, this is speculation. Ive never played with him in the same server.
                      excellent, sry my brain is frazzled after today....i understand you now

when i was playing against him before, it didnt look like a low skill server, there was plenty of *lieutentants, iron eagles and stars flying around, but guess what when volx killed me, it was shock horror with a nade, lmao

Ping is a non-factor
                      i appreciate that for our little discussion latterley, but the initial post is all about this being a factor

p.s. nice to have a debate (no matter how frustrating) on here without ppl resorting to insults and alike

Comment

Ping may have something to do with it. I just really believe that Volx is a score per minute whore. Just like every other FPS, explosive weapons cause the most havok in BF2. I bet you if they make the ERYX like the rocket launcher is in Halo, he'd be using that constantly. Its much much easier to blow someone up then it is to shoot em in the head. Remember, prior to 1.2 patch, Volx was the C4 chucking king of the world. He had 43k explosives kills prior to 1.2. When they nerfed that, he just adjusted, switched kits and went to the other kit that gives you explosives that may kill more than one person at a time......the grenade. So, although ping may have something to do with it, I really believe that he just prefers the easier kills, and doesn't mind playing a monotonous style in order to keep his #1 ranking.

Comment

You can has as good technology you want, if youre in Japan, playing US servers, you WILL have bad ping, no matter what you do.

Information travels at the speed of light. Unfortunately the wires arent straight, and there are a ton of other issues to deal with.
                          We are in the process of scrapping the copper wire in favor of fiber optics.

The same fiber will reach 180 miles to a farmhouse instead of being stuck at 3 miles for DSL copper. That will probably make 200 ping a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                            We are in the process of scrapping the copper wire in favor of fiber optics.

The same fiber will reach 180 miles to a farmhouse instead of being stuck at 3 miles for DSL copper. That will probably make 200 ping a thing of the past.
                            What I remember from physics, is that the speed of light is the maximum, so again, whatever the technology is being used, distance will always have its say. The fact that the route from point A to point B in this case isnt straight, and there are a lot of routers to slow the process down in between, makes me a nonbeliever, that I will ever taste a 50 ms ping on US servers (I live in Eastern Europe) :P .

Comment

Spam granades on an infantry only server with ff off

Comment

is volx still dolphin diving in 1.4?

Comment

Working...
                                X