I know why Volx is a grenade addict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know why Volx is a grenade addict

I was curious about this high ranked player, since I've heard about his high usage of grenades.
    What would make a player so unidirectional? Doesn't he get bored just throwing grenades all day?
    So today I was looking for him and there he was on StrafeRight.com server.
    He was the second high scorer.
    Then I saw his ping: between 180 and 240!
    And I instantly understood why he use only grenades.
    What else could he use to hit anything at such a high ping?!
    I remember my days on a high ping server: I was dead before I even had a chance to shoot back.
    This is the mystery behind the top BF2 player. A poor internet location.
    Good luck, pal!

Re: I know why Volx is a grenade addict

what about if he plays in a server in Japan?

Comment

Yeah maybe his internet was just having a bad day today. Good theory though

Comment

This guy obviously doesnt know what ping means.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
          No, I'm pretty sure he does.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator

So explain it then instead of trying to make him look foolish.

Comment

I've been having a ping of 150-200 during prime time (3pm-9pm), and seriously, the only thing I can do is fly choppers, revive, claywhore, and nade spam. And, all of those things are still very challenging. Anything that requires fast reflexes is out of the question (flying, TV missling, just plain shooting people).

I actually got gold one round of Mass Destruction IO. I had 60 team points and 6 kills... I was proud for having 200+ ping the WHOLE round.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                I've been having a ping of 150-200 during prime time (3pm-9pm), and seriously, the only thing I can do is fly choppers, revive, claywhore, and nade spam. And, all of those things are still very challenging. Anything that requires fast reflexes is out of the question (flying, TV missling, just plain shooting people).

I actually got gold one round of Mass Destruction IO. I had 60 team points and 6 kills... I was proud for having 200+ ping the WHOLE round.
                I play with 150-200 ping aswell. I can rack it up to 2:1 KDR using assault rifles and other firearms. But not in face to face combat. Welcome to the club.

As for the Volx theory, thats pretty logical. Grenades overcome that issue with ease.

Comment

Indeed.....a high ping will ruin any attempt at effective infantry shooting. It can also ruin your jet whoring. I was playing on on a wake server in the F35B trying to make bombing runs. I kept bombing but...wtf...I know I had to kill those guys. So I started looking at where my bombs were hitting with rear view after a few ineffective runs. The dang bombs were missing by a hundred feet past the point I intended them to go. I'm trying to figure it out and I look at my ping.....300+!! No wonder I can't hit anything.

Comment

this theory doesnt hold up, to the fact that he has stats in a lot of different areas than throwing grenades cause of terminal high ping, he simply wouldnt be a leader in the global system if that was the case, he wouldnt have got there.

and lastly, japan is probably the last place on earth where i would suspect ppl suffer from bad internet connections, they are riddled with technology, i visited japan in the 90's and they were rocking ISDN payphones then, and there bog standard net connection is faster than most peoples wireless lan.

Comment

You can has as good technology you want, if youre in Japan, playing US servers, you WILL have bad ping, no matter what you do.

Information travels at the speed of light. Unfortunately the wires arent straight, and there are a ton of other issues to deal with.

Comment

lol Volx's primary server is Straferight I believe he played on the RAW! Servers also but on both he has high pings. There goes the other server theory. And I've played with Volx and in someway he's a teamplayer but he's just good with grenades and came up with a good tactic and how to rack up points and how to play a monotonous and not fun game I think I'll have to end this now with a beautifull point .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                          You can has as good technology you want, if youre in Japan, playing US servers, you WILL have bad ping, no matter what you do.
                          absolutely, thats a given. - thats why i only play on uk servers, as am in the uk

but he wouldnt play servers with a bad ping would he (180-240 - may not be 'bad ping' and may not make a tangible difference?)- not consistantly - to get where he is, he will have played a lot of time on japanned servers, where ping wont be an issue @ all

Comment

This is where he plays right now:

Check his ping.

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
                              absolutely, thats a given. - thats why i only play on uk servers, as am in the uk

but he wouldnt play servers with a bad ping would he (180-240 - tangible difference?)- not consistantly - to get where he is, he will have played a lot of time on japanned servers, where ping wont be an issue @ all
                              Theres usually a reason why people pick high ping servers, and this has nothing to do with pings.

Spetznas says "Volx feeds of newbies", so maybe thats the thing? Or maybe hes got some buddies he plays with?

For me, its company. For Volx, easier targets perhaps?

Originally posted by Batausu
                              This is where he plays right now:
                              http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServ...Jalalabad.html
                              Check his ping.
                              188 isnt really that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X