Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Idiot commanders

Originally posted by Six.
    Hmmm... wasting your own artillery to coerce friendly units into obeying your commands sounds a little... questionable. I prefer to find out their movements and their modes of transport - and then make my own team respond to the enemy in such a way that the enemy ends up BEHIND the naughty squad and gives them a good beating, also- if I find that the naughty squad likes to move by transport helo- get rid of the helo by moving it to another squad that needs it.

Other than that- there's a better way to punish naughty squads- never ever use your commander assets to help them, considering they never help you.

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. but once done, they get the message and spawn where you tell them to. ive not done it very often, just a couple of times when the team is being ignorant of the big yellow writing and orders telling them where they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
      My biggest thing with them is the arty. I hate going into a flag being defended by 1-2 people with my squad and having the commander nuke us. We get in and are taking the flag... then the icon shows up for arty. Should we stop capping the flag and run away? Or take the flag and just take one for the team? I take it for the team. Having the commander no worried at all about where he drops his arty is a bad bad thing I think.
      Simple, cap the flag to the best of your ability- your squad and you gets points for that, when the commander's arty comes in, everyone in your squad punish him for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
        Now be honest, would you prefer not to have those enemies on your radar?
        When I play as commander, I deploy UAV where the most enemies are and spot the rest of them as much as I can. Knowledge is power.
        When I’m not commander, I prefer to hear the spot message more than to be killed unexpectedly just by walking around the corner.
        Actually I’m a spotter myself, because it’s always handy to know enemy’s whereabouts (as to surprise him rather than being surprised).
        I think most of the spot spamming occurs because the commander doesn't realize that until the scan is extinct on his screen (enemy goes from fuzzy red dot to the ant image) he can't spot the unit for the rest of the team to see. Therfeore, he keeps right clicking and selecting enemy spotted. It's very annoying.

Originally posted by Six.
        Simple, cap the flag to the best of your ability- your squad and you gets points for that, when the commander's arty comes in, everyone in your squad punish him for it.
        You can't punish the commander for arty kills.

Comment

Working...
        X