Queing System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queing System

I don't know about you guys but I play most of the time on one or two servers, most of the these servers are full. So I was thinking whilst updating the player list for the 24/7 City Maps sR server wouldn't it be a good idea to implement a queuing system?

So when you can click the join game button and the server is full instead of being kicked back to the browser, you join a queue waiting for someone to drop from the server. It might not be useful for everyday pubbers but for people that play on specific and popular servers it would pretty useful.

Anybody that has played Joint Operations or Wolfenstien (not name a few) will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Suggestions? Discuss etc.

EDIT: Oops I screwed up on the title, Queuing System

Re: Queing System

could be a good idea, but i, personally, wouldnt want to sit there waiting in a queue to join a server, but i suppose it might be a good idea...

Comment

It's a great idea when you're trying to get into a server that one of your buddies is in. But, I don't think it will happen. Steam games do this as well.

Comment

Sure, it is a great idea. If you want to join a particular server, one you would be waiting for regardless, but if you don't care which server you play on(most do care) then it wouldn't matter. Which I'm guessing is the case for Weed3n. Personally, I play the same few servers, and I like this idea, but to little to late, BF2 is on its last support leg.

Comment

I think that most of the people that want a queing system are trying to get into a server with their friends. I usually just ask my friends (through xfire or TS) how many tickets are left in the round. Players on the losing team tend to leave after they lose, openning a slot for me.

I agree that a queing system would be nice, but the above is an alternative since the que won't ever happen.

Comment

I've been wondering why the game doesn't have this since the day it came out........

Comment

This would be very handy. I know CS:S and other steam games have a similar system as stated above.

I almost always play with friends on Teamspeak so they usually tell me when there is a space to join, or when the round has ended.

Comment

Great idea. I was wondering why it wasnt implemented. DF:BHD and other Nova games all have waiting lists for their ranked servers.

Comment

CS:Source has that option when a server is full... Auto-Join when not full... then you can go about doing other things and when it's ready bam your loaded.

EA may have an issue with this since they cannot seem to report accurate, real-time server stats even in 1.4. Pings are out of whack, after a server crash the server the browser still shows the same number of people in the server, even after several minutes. I think they use guess-timation for their information once have the initial data.

Good idea and I would love to see that option as well as, like you, I only play on a few select servers.

Comment

Working...
                  X