Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A dogfighters guide to improvement (in the making)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A dogfighters guide to improvement (in the making)

will be very much appreciated Chris, im a pretty advanced/Experianced bf2 (over 800hrs) and only just started flyin jets to prolong my interest in the game so all advise/tips will be mucho apreciated

Metallica that vid should go into a hall of fame or something it rocks, learnt a heck of alot off that cheers! didnt go quite 45-0 mind, but i learnt how to survive against j-10's

keep sticking 2-fingers up at the j-10 whores!

Comment

awesome, cant wait

video or text btw??

Comment

Originally posted by Colinsanchez
        will be very much appreciated Chris, im a pretty advanced/Experianced bf2 (over 800hrs) and only just started flyin jets to prolong my interest in the game so all advise/tips will be mucho apreciated

Metallica that vid should go into a hall of fame or something it rocks, learnt a heck of alot off that cheers! didnt go quite 45-0 mind, but i learnt how to survive against j-10's

keep sticking 2-fingers up at the j-10 whores!

agh the thing was I didn't concentrate on one or the other.. I just kind of mixed it up.. some dogfighting while still trying to get kills. If I would have done one or the other, I probably would have ended up 70-0 or so if I was going for kills, or like... 15-0 if I was just trying to dogfight... but I did a poll and most people wanted to see a mix of both.

Comment

Metallica you suck so bad that my eyes bleed!!!

*Ha. Great video, right up there with PWs. I rank it even higher now as its an updated video with a nice mixture of three sides. One, F35B survival against J10. Two, some nice ATA and three, some nice ATS. If there was a video guide for rookies to watch and learn, your video would be first in the list .

PSJU- Its going to be a piece of literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
            Metallica you suck so bad that my eyes bleed!!!

*Ha. Great video, right up there with PWs. I rank it even higher now as its an updated video with a nice mixture of three sides. One, F35B survival against J10. Two, some nice ATA and three, some nice ATS. If there was a video guide for rookies to watch and learn, your video would be first in the list .

PSJU- Its going to be a piece of literature.
            make it short

jk make it good, I could use a tut, mettalica's video definetly helped

Comment

Yeah, right now Ive got 9 or 11 finished chapters with a total of at least 7-9 A4 pages of reading. I have a strange feeling that I havent quite put it all on paper so I estimate the final would have 10 or 12, 14 max chapters. Its not a tutorial, its an analyzing research with educational purpose. If anyone wants tips, they can just use TBF2 search function. And since the game is changed with each new patch, I couldnt make a project that would outdate with the next patch. So I focused on something else, something that would outlive patches and thats an insight to a dogfighters state of mind and philosophy of improvement. Everything I wrote up can be said in short, "practice practice practice with better pilots while flying the F35B", but I wanted to make it an interesting read since I know a lot of TBF2 members are hardworking office clerks seeking for good reading material.

Comment

guitarist u still ned to fix the filefront thing. hope for ur guide dude.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran
                  Calling it a "dogfighting" guide would be annoying. There are no dogfights in BF2. Dogfighting pretty much ended when Jets came along and doesn't belong here.

Actually what the choppers do up there could be considered a dogfight.
                  Today in Gulf of Oman a dogfight erupted between me and an F-35. I ran out of missiles but I was still on his tail and no way was I going to let up. He forgot I was behind him, and headed for his carrier, I lined up and took him out with the cannon. Dogfighting is still around and probably more effective. Any good pilot can take out a jet with missiles, it takes a skilled pilot to take them out with cannons.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                    Today in Gulf of Oman a dogfight erupted between me and an F-35. I ran out of missiles but I was still on his tail and no way was I going to let up. He forgot I was behind him, and headed for his carrier, I lined up and took him out with the cannon. Dogfighting is still around and probably more effective. Any good pilot can take out a jet with missiles, it takes a skilled pilot to take them out with cannons.
                    Thing is, you dont "need" to rely on cannons anymore, and 1 second lock time is just too short to prolongue a dogfight. If you have the target jet in a 45 degree cone after that 1 second has passed, the missile gets the target. There still is dogfighting around, but not as good as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-

Wait.. you were in a mig chasing an F-35B, but... you.... ran out of missles? lol..

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                        It's in my sig.
                        not bad

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                          Wait.. you were in a mig chasing an F-35B, but... you.... ran out of missles? lol..
                          I shot both down within a few minutes of each other, and had forgotten to go over the runway. Both of them were noob pilots that flew really low. And when I mean low....scrapping the ground low. I went for the first one and shot him down with 3 missiles, I went after the second one shortly after, 1 hit him the other 2 went for a friendly helicopter ...and then I shot him. I've had better kills with a cannon..I'm just trying to say, dogfighting is still around and its still fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X