Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A dogfighters guide to improvement (in the making)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dogfighters guide to improvement (in the making)

Since I really havent found a good guide for a rookie dogfighter to have an insight to a mindset to a veteran (experienced) players perspective, Ive decided to create a genral guide to improvement process and pshychology. It has little tips and tricks because BF2 is constantly changing through patches. Ive focused mostly on the things that dont get affected by patches.

Its a project covering 10-12 aspects of BF2 piloting, ranging from tracking to introduction to weapons and their anomalies, plus an explanation to hw certain things in BF2 work.

Its about 98% done and Im posting it up as soon as I can get it from my replacement computer (a 166 MhZ 1998 year release laptop with only IR and floppy as means to exchange data).

Its not a dogfighter bible, but it should help people to understand a dogfighter and more than anything, provide people at the office with a 30 minute lenght interesting read.

Re: A dogfighters guide to improvement (in the making)

Look forward to reading it.
    I can use all the help I can get LOL!

Comment

Calling it a "dogfighting" guide would be annoying. There are no dogfights in BF2. Dogfighting pretty much ended when Jets came along and doesn't belong here.

Actually what the choppers do up there could be considered a dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran
        Calling it a "dogfighting" guide would be annoying. There are no dogfights in BF2. Dogfighting pretty much ended when Jets came along and doesn't belong here.

Tell that to the guys at Top Gun.

Anyway, I look forward to reading this - the most I ever flew was how ever long it took to get my basic aviator badge.

This weekend though I got on the Suicide server and it was just me and one other guy. We ended up going up against each other in the planes and I ended up with a K/D ratio of like 25 to 1.

I was almos starting to feel cocky until another guy come on the server and shot me down 5 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by lynxlyran

I might have agreed with you if I was limiting myself to J10 vs F35B situation but I really think of it as a bug so it doesnt make me nervious anymore.

Its not a guide in the standard meaning. This isnt "10 tips to own your opponent" kind of project. The sub-title is "A general guide to improvement and a window to the dogfighters mind"

Comment

sounds like a good write up to read... personally i find that afew hours with a joystick will get you as good as you need to be.

Comment

Looking forward to read it,nice job

Comment

Sounds awesome! You should do it, and include example videos. I know FRAPs lags your comp to hell, but you could always have someone else cut it together by following you in 'c' mode and filming.

Comment

Dont give me any ideas. One of the chapters in the project talks about the different BF2 pilots and their evolution from a rookie to whatever. I might make a video as a visual example of that evolution. Starting from crashing upon takeoff and finishing with "How 1337 I am with my M95 ejector system"!

Im currently in the process of piecing up my own PC and a "One round with me" video such as PW has, is the first thing Im going to do.

As for videos to back up my project, they probably wont fit. Most of the stuff I wrote about is answering questions "Why?" and not "How?".

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    Dont give me any ideas. One of the chapters in the project talks about the different BF2 pilots and their evolution from a rookie to whatever. I might make a video as a visual example of that evolution. Starting from crashing upon takeoff and finishing with "How 1337 I am with my M95 ejector system"!

Im currently in the process of piecing up my own PC and a "One round with me" video such as PW has, is the first thing Im going to do.

As for videos to back up my project, they probably wont fit. Most of the stuff I wrote about is answering questions "Why?" and not "How?".
                    Oh check out Metallica's full round video in the F35. Dunno if you caught it while you were away.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                      Oh check out Metallica's full round video in the F35. Dunno if you caught it while you were away.
                      Ive missed all Prison Break episodes since S2E1 and was excited about seeing those but this news is even better. Metallica has been a lazy fecker so far so I hope its good

Comment

Look forward to the read.

Comment

any of this benefit suicide pilots?

Comment

Originally posted by light bread
                            any of this benefit suicide pilots?
                            Its the projects target group, homie

Comment

It's in my sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X