Thinking about buying, had some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying, had some questions

Before buying this game, I wanted to ask the community a couple of questions:

1. First off, how realistic is this game? Am I going to have to unload a spray of lead into your chest to kill you, or will 1 or 2 shots be your end? What kind of role does body armor play in your livelyhood? How much bullet and explosion spam am i going to have to deal with?

2. This game did not come out a month ago. Are there still a lot of servers up and games going on? Am i going to have trouble finding a good game at times, or is there always good games going on with multiple maps to choose from?

3. Is the price tag worth it? The price is still a hefty 50 bucks. Is this money well spent?

My biggest concern is questions 1, so please put the most detail into that answer if you would be so kind as to respond to my question. Thanx a lot for the help in advance, look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield!

Re: Thinking about buying, had some questions

Originally posted by metsfan

1. First off, how realistic is this game? Am I going to have to unload a spray of lead into your chest to kill you, or will 1 or 2 shots be your end? What kind of role does body armor play in your livelyhood? How much bullet and explosion spam am i going to have to deal with?

Takes a fair amount of shots. Body armour IMO doesnt really amtter much maybe a extra bullet :laugh: If you mean like a ton of grenades being spammed? Dont play karkand the first 15 minutes is all nade spam.

2. This game did not come out a month ago. Are there still a lot of servers up and games going on? Am i going to have trouble finding a good game at times, or is there always good games going on with multiple maps to choose from?

Seems for me the servers are going down not sure though I have alot of filters on though. Theres always games going on and a good selection of maps though.

3. Is the price tag worth it? The price is still a hefty 50 bucks. Is this money well spent?

Depends on who you ask.

My biggest concern is questions 1, so please put the most detail into that answer if you would be so kind as to respond to my question. Thanx a lot for the help in advance, look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield!

^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. DesertFox
      Takes a fair amount of shots.
      What does this mean? Half a clip? A full clip? 3-4 shots? for instance, would i be able to use single-shot mode in close range, or would i need to full auto and bullet spam your body?

Comment

Two to the head on most guns...

Comment

Fair amount of shots = depends on your accuracy.

I've been killed by 1-2 bullets to the face versus some nub spamming his whole clip at me and only hurting me (cone effect on rounds fired = more rounds without release of the trigger means worse accuracy). To expand on the body armor question, a person without body armor will typically last a little longer in firefights but at the same time you get lowered stamina (less running sprint time) but typically stronger weapons. The ones with body armor are the ones that need it; anti-tank, assault, and support but remember that headshots don't have armor. So to answer your question, realism is there but it isn't too realistic which makes it fun (you won't die by 1 shot of any weapon but you last long enough to enjoy the game).

50 dollars still gets you vanilla (original bf2) AND special forces which is TOTALLY worth it. It was 50 for vanilla and 30 for SF, so IMHO, it's a bargain but be weary as you need a decent computer to enjoy it to the fullest (best eye candy, sounds etc).

I can find countless servers so as long as they're running the same version you are (currently 1.4) you will find thousands of servers that are "playable".

It's worth it in every way, awesome graphics and great weapons and just an overall enjoyable game that has so many different "goals" (see awards and promotions) that just keeps you hooked. Check out www.bf2player.com for more info on stats or click on almost anyones signature for more detail that goes into this game.

Comment

Explosions.... *coughs* in infantry only.. expect the whole round to be full of nades on Karkand..

Comment

Here is some idea of the servers on BF2 withouth loading the game.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...1.1.2963-795.0

Comment

the game is TONS of fun
                many parts, although not REALLY realistic - SEEM like they are
                it is WELL worth the money
                there are tens of thousands of players with over a 1000 hours
                that equates to 5 cents per HOUR of fun
                there are still lots of servers, playing all sorts of maps

Comment

Originally posted by metsfan

1. That's up to you 1-2 in the head =kill.
                  The better you get the more people die!

2. Without filters there are still a couple thousand servers world wide.

3. www.amazon.com BF 2 Deluxe version $ 44.98.
                  That is BF 2 & SF ( Special Forces) most of us paid 49.99 for BF2
                  and then 29.99 for SF. Not to mention the 9.99 Bosster Packs.

I would not have played so many hours if I have not had a great time.
                  currently over 1500 hrs.

Comment

Well, I'm checking the forums at work because I can't get enough of this game. Does that indicate anything? ...maybe it's that I have a problem.... naaaa!!

Great game!

Comment

Vanilla BF2 FTW! Its a great game. Play it and you'll never play any other game again. Well almost any other game except maybe BF 2142.

Comment

Never been a first person shooter guy, or that much of a gamer really. This game has me so hooked I find myself justifying less sleep at night so I can play more. It's tons of fun. Highly recommended...

Vehicles are hard to learn though... heads up. Especially helicopters. I love to be gunner on a gunship though!

Comment

Yes it's worth it!! Still going strong after 300+ hours.

Comment

YES!!! Highly recommended and addictive...lol You will not regret purchasing BF2!

Comment

download the demo

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demo...field2demo.exe

you'll love a free expansion called Point of Existance. The guns are very powerful and have a nice crack to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X