Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supersonic Gunshots in Battlefield 2

I couldn't agree more Kayback,

having had some trigger-time both indoors and outdoors with handguns and a few full-auto's I can only say that I am grateful that sound isn't realistic in BF2 or any other game for that matter.

There is nothing remotely "cool" about the sound of an M16 being shot in rapid-fire indoors. It's obnoxiously loud, sharp and annoying even with earmuffs. Without earmuffs...well..it wouldn't be a problem for long, because you'd be deaf.

Fired a 9mm UZI with a long suppressor on an indoor shooting range once - still needed earmuffs for that too.

Most players ahve never ever heard any of these weapons in BF2 fired - and wathcing it on discovery doesn't count! lol.

No, thank gawd for Hollywood and their tendency to make even the worst quite pleasant..lol.

Cheers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by LahLahSr

No, thank gawd for Hollywood and their tendency to make even the worst quite pleasant..lol.

Cheers :-)
      I D/L'd some new sounds for CS, and I was running them through my amped 7.1 with the sound cranked WAY up, and my hearing protectors on It sounded close enough to real gunfire. But again, gunfire outside, not in my small 3mx3m brick bedroom.

Only did that for a while befire I turned the sound levels back down to avoid the neighbours complaining.

KBK

Comment

People might have mixed feelings about this, but I think its a very smart discovery. It shows an attention to detail that I admire, and I would love to know how its done exactly. It might not work in the mod I am currently working on, but I am fascinated none the less.

Some people would be happy to do receive the same old functions, but I appreciate people pushing the boundary of what we know as gameplay.

Nice Job

Comment

Working...
        X