Calculate your Global Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculate your Global Score

A lot has been said about how a global score is calculated. I searched several forums (totalbf2 and others) and although MANY people have speculated on the matter, no one has provided concrete evidence as to how the global score is calculated EXACTLY. Isn't it strange that after about 15 to 16 months of play no one knows? Yes, I know many will say it is combat score + team score + commander score and then subtract some combination of team kills, team damage, and vehicle damage. But the numbers never add up for everyone the same way. My challenge is for someone to finally find out/figure out a formula that works for everyone. Here are some considerations:

1 - It seems that the higher the player's commander score the more discrepency there is between the global score and the summing of the combat, team, and commander score.

2 - It may be that the commander's doubling is calculated differently for a win or loss. It seems that sometimes I don't get the full points for a commander win. Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

3 - Starting a new account and doing some experimentation may be necessary but when I did this a discrepancy soon appeared that I couldn't account for.

So, anyone know FOR SURE or willing to do some experimentation and report the findings? Please, we don't need any more speculations or rumors. We have those already and have already found them fallible. Again, the formula we come up with must work for everyone.

Re: Calculate your Global Score

lol I don't think you know how to use the search function then. Do you know what global score is? It's all your points the points added are the ones that are under the 'cup' sign ingame.

If the round isn't ended the score will not end even if you leave/banned/kicked your score will count up if the server can finish the round. If it crashes = no points.

Comment

Originally posted by KMT
      lol I don't think you know how to use the search function then. Do you know what global score is? It's all your points the points added are the ones that are under the 'cup' sign ingame.

If the round isn't ended the score will not end even if you leave/banned/kicked your score will count up if the server can finish the round. If it crashes = no points.
      Ah, my first victim. If I can't use the search function then you can't read what I wrote. First of all, your message is hard to read b/c you don't use proper punctuation and your comments are, consequently, muddled. But anyway, these numbers DO NOT ADD UP FOR EVERYONE. I did not find a thread while searching that addresses the discrepancies universally. Some people's scores add and others do not. So let's forget the last two posts and go back to my original post. We need a formula that works 100% of the time.

Comment

First off, u must have not looked hard enough. This article will tell u everything u need to know about being a commander and how commander points work.

Conclusion, the formula is: Total Score + Commander Points Earned, not Total Score x 2.
        Second, this really isnt a problem. So what if your score doesnt add up? I dont think thats a major issue to be worrying about. There are all kinds of factors to take in account when adding up your score, such as teamkills or negative scores, or incomplete rounds or server crashes. Deal with it. No benefit even if u do find....or maybe theres an ellabrate consipracy by EA too make sure u have no clue about your actually global score statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
          Second, this really isnt a problem. So what if your score doesnt add up? I dont think thats a major issue to be worrying about. There are all kinds of factors to take in account when adding up your score, such as teamkills or negative scores, or incomplete rounds or server crashes. Deal with it. No benefit even if u do find....or maybe theres an ellabrate consipracy by EA too make sure u have no clue about your actually global score statistics.
          Oh I know it doesn't really matter how the points are added up but I just find it funny that after all this time we still don't know how the global score is calculated. If you read the forums carefully you will see a lot of strange theories, none of which work 100% of the time. This is more a let's-do-it-just-for-fun thing rather than a we-must-find-out-cause-it-matters thing. Anyone who doesn't care to participate can just move on to the next thread.

Let us know what you find...

Comment

Originally posted by cwv_8t88
            Oh I know it doesn't really matter how the points are added up but I just find it funny that after all this time we still don't know how the global score is calculated. If you read the forums carefully you will see a lot of strange theories, none of which work 100% of the time. This is more a let's-do-it-just-for-fun thing rather than a we-must-find-out-cause-it-matters thing. Anyone who doesn't care to participate can just move on to the next thread.

Let us know what you find...
            I see your point and yes, it would be nice to know how it's "Offically" calculated by EA. My question for you is: When you do your own calculations and come up with a number that is different for whatever reason, how far is it off? Under 10 pts? 100 pts? 1000 pts? If it's just a little bit, then I don't think most will care. However, if it's a lot, then perhaps some of the higher ranks may be interested in where the 1000's of pts went.

Let's not flame the guy for trying to figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
              My question for you is: When you do your own calculations and come up with a number that is different for whatever reason, how far is it off? Under 10 pts? 100 pts? 1000 pts? If it's just a little bit, then I don't think most will care. However, if it's a lot, then perhaps some of the higher ranks may be interested in where the 1000's of pts went.

Depending on whether you take my commander points theory seriously, I am "missing" between 7,000 to 18,000 points (my current, reported global points are 119,878 if that matters any).

Comment

If you want to see if there's a actual mathematical equation that calulates it (doubt it) the first step would be to collect mass ammounts of different people's 3 scores and global. In my personal opinion, I bet it's just EA's junky servers miscalculating our scores all the time.

Comment

Here is a hypothetical example for you.

In Round 1 I have 34 total points, -4 team points, and 0 command points, and 38 combat points

In Round 2 I have -8 total points, +6 team points, and 0 command points and 4 combat points (killed 2 people, killed some teammates, captured a flag and got a flag capture assist).

My global total is 26. My Team points are 2, my command points are 0, and my combat points are 42.

global score is NOT equal to team points + command points + combat score. Combat score is ALWAYS 2x the number of kills. It accounts for a majority of your points, but doesn't have any negatives applied to it, but both team score and global score (the sum of your end score at each round) are affected by negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by tikigod
                    Here is a hypothetical example for you.

In Round 1 I have 34 total points, -4 team points, and 0 command points, and 38 combat points

In Round 2 I have -8 total points, +6 team points, and 0 command points and 4 combat points (killed 2 people, killed some teammates, captured a flag and got a flag capture assist).

My global total is 26. My Team points are 2, my command points are 0, and my combat points are 42.

global score is NOT equal to team points + command points + combat score. Combat score is ALWAYS 2x the number of kills. It accounts for a majority of your points, but doesn't have any negatives applied to it, but both team score and global score (the sum of your end score at each round) are affected by negatives.

Tiki, although you pose a good point, I'm fairly positive that negative scores at the end of the round count as 0 and don't actually subtract from your total score. You're on the right track though. At the end, you'd have a total global of 34, team score of 6, and combat of 42. Your round 2 confuses me, how do you have -8 round score if you have 6 team points, and 4 combat points?

Comment

I can't remember, I think I've ended up with a total score that was more negative than my team score after a bad bombing run in the jet. I think punishes get extra points removed from total score, but not from team score. I could be wrong on that, its been a while since I was accidentally teamkilling regularly. Even assuming the numbers are equal at 6 doesn't matter for the end results. Combat score has no direct relation to your global score.

Comment

well i have to say that your point is kinda weird although it probly dosent add up for EVERYONE but most people id have to say that for about 99% of the time it does.

Comment

All of this stuff was already talked about.

Punishes = no point loss

Commander points only double, not total score

Global score = Teamwork + Combat + Commander - team kill/v.dmg/team dmg

If it doesn't add up, it is a glitch in the scoring system, and most likely had everything to do with 1.3 and all the servers/clients crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

Global score = Teamwork + Combat + Commander - team kill/v.dmg/team dmg

If it doesn't add up, it is a glitch in the scoring system, and most likely had everything to do with 1.3 and all the servers/clients crashing.
                            If this is so then here are my stats:

Team Score = 45,458
                            Combat Score = 64,076
                            Commander Score = 27,624
                            Team Kills = 1,373
                            Team Damage = 795
                            Vehicle Damage = 347

Using your formula above:

45,458 + 64,076 + 27,624 - 1,373 - 795 - 347 = 134,643

Since my reported Global Score is 119,878 then I am missing, according to your formula, 14,765 points.

Again, we have the rumors and also what people take as fact. But they are wrong. Please no more "facts" and guesses. Real, documented facts only from now on.

Also, just for the record, this discrepancy showed up long before patch 1.3

Comment

Your post got me thinking so I did some further checking over the weekend.

As I already mentioned, combat score is a useless number for calculating global score...but what I discovered is that Team score is also a useless number. Team score is not the number of team points you've earned, but the number of teamplay events that you've done. So if you capture a flag (4 points) it changes your team score the exact same amount as giving someone a supply bag (1 point). Negative points (team kill, team damage, team vehicle damage, suicide) do not affect it, but probably do affect your global score.

Global score is always less than the sum of combat + team score + command points, and the increase at the end of each round is a number smaller than what your total was. I'm guessing they are applying some multiplier like .85 * number of team points + .75 * (total points - team points) + commander points. The values are not immediately obvious since the number seems to be changing. I wouldn't be surprised if the multiplier is related to the ratio of #of people on your team, since they already do something similar when calculating command points.

Comment

Working...
                              X