Engineer repair points and stat padding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineer repair points and stat padding

Guys , ok i am about to come to the end of my Engineers career with only 10 hours left needed for Expert .

So you may ask what is my question ? Well in 90 hours of playing i have only earned 389 repair points , i have played totaly fairly and hugged armour mostly but when my duty calls i have repaired with my trusted wrench .

The most i have ever earned in a game was 11 and this was playing on a Dragon Valley server with 32 players on a 64 player map ,,ie long rounds .

Why do commanders drop crates on assets when i am close by?

So unless i am really missing something here and i am a complete smacktard how on earth would you get 20 in a round other than stat padding somewhere ?

Re: Engineer repair points and stat padding

you could take a Vodnik or Humvee and drive around the map near assets and tanks other vehicles and it will repair the vehicles while ur in the humvee or vodnik.

You could even do it in a blackhawk.

Comment

Originally posted by ojmcduffie
      you could take a Vodnik or Humvee and drive around the map near assets and tanks other vehicles and it will repair the vehicles while ur in the humvee or vodnik.

You could even do it in a blackhawk.
      And get 20 in a round !!! I know your trying to be helpful but no way Hose :laugh:

Comment

If your desperate, and your team doesnt mind, heres how u get it. Go spec ops - destroy team assests - suicide - go engineer - repair - repeat. U might get kicked. Other then that, go to different maps and see what works best. Kubra Dam is pretty good. MEC/USMC assests are always getting destroyed.

Comment

First off, be a squad leader. Tell the commander that you are there to repair and you need the points. Remind him of this once or twice. If a crate gets dropped, leave it there as if any smart Special Ops comes by, he'll use it and obliterate all the assets in one go and you have more repair to do. But nade the second crate.

Repair all broken assets to working but not completely fix. Just get them all running first. This will stop other engineers from coming to help as they will think it's all fixed, also the commander will not drop crates on fixed assets.

Once all assets are fixed LEAVE the area. Get a vehicle and drive around behind tanks and APC's but do not get out. Repair from vehicle and get ready to run. Hopefully the SpecOps will go blow the stuff. once you see it go yellow, head on back.

If you are cheap, you can always commit suicide and switch sides if you notice the enemy assets are down. Repair them. Suicide and switch back when your own assets are dead. I personally don't advise this.

Special Forces mod has more instances where major repair is needed. The Iron Gator is an excellent resource for repair points as the Essex gun is always in need of a wrench twist.

You'll want a high points type of server, like 64 player map running 20 people. This will give you the most time, and less people to compete with on and engineering standpoint.

I'm currently at 99.5 hours and 886 repair points. Never have gotten 20.

Remember that when you are command, even though you don't get points towards your game for repair work, you will still get repair points towards your global score and your awards.

Simon

Comment

I am no where near my 100hours as an Engineer, but the closest I have come to 20 repairs is 18, without stats padding. I was in an APC, and I hugged the teams tank, so I constantly repaired it and anything around my APC, and I also used the tank to sheild me when I had to hop out and fix the APC.

I would also use the APC to rush back to fix my commanders assets when needed, then rush back to find the teams tank or AA, but I did not kill the Enemy Spec Opsin the spawn site, but I did have to make sure they did not C4 my APC while I repaired the assests.

So my best advise is to find a high ticket server 300+ (64 map size), with low numbers 24 playes, and make sure the game has an agressive enemy Spec Ops or two...otherwise pick another kit and wait until the timing is right.

Good Luck!

Comment

PM'd you

Comment

I've just recently got over 100 hours but I did manage to rack up 20+ twice. Did it on operation road rage and just hugged the convoys, the points soon rack up. I'd love to do it on a SF map like warlord as insurgent as the assets are always getting destroyed. And for an added bonus I always drop a mine under the APC that spawns near the palace in case someone tries to 'steal' it

Comment

what kills me (as I understand it) is that you dont get repair points for repairing vacant vehicles... is that correct? I can't remember a single time when I got points for repairing my own tank.

is that accurate or am I crazy?

Comment

how i got my veteran was i told my friend to join same server and keep pwn the commander assets he did that twice and i got it its not stat padding like that

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                      what kills me (as I understand it) is that you dont get repair points for repairing vacant vehicles... is that correct? I can't remember a single time when I got points for repairing my own tank.

is that accurate or am I crazy?
                      That is correct. That's why I always have a gunner in my tank when driving in a convoy. That way if I take damage I can hop out and repair the tank and will get points for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario05
                        how i got my veteran was i told my friend to join same server and keep pwn the commander assets he did that twice and i got it its not stat padding like that
                        It's co'oping which is a type of stat padding. There are places that have rules against it.

Comment

Why do commanders drop crates on assets when i am close by ? Why do tank whores ( namley medic faggots ) run you over when repairing ?
                          Perhaps because the game doesn't revolve around you.

Comment

224 hours as engineer, 1261 repairs. I don't think 20 repairs in a round is really feasible in the normal course of play.

Comment

I have been able to pull 18 to 24 points in a round being Engi. But those were situations that were perfect. I was on maps that had a lot of exposed assets close-by, like Daqing or Kubra. You kinda need to be devious enough to know a Spec-op is going to try and tag your assets. It sucks, but you can clean him out after he has done his work.

You need to also find servers that will have have an intense ticket bleed. 64 map that is low/half full. Like said earlier, you need to tell the commander in SL mode.

Saidly, I have gotten my Expert Eng, but the server glitched...I even have a screen shot of it. so, not that long after, I just quit playing engineer and refocused my game.

I have been qualified for my Expert Eng stuff for about 5 months now. Now and then I try, but I give up because I would rather work on bumping up my KDR and SPM.

Comment

Working...
                              X