• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.4 and PKM

PKM is the best improvement unlock

Comment

yea i used the pkm and it seemed a little less accurate...but thats also cuz i havent used it in a while

Comment

The draw does seem a lot slower, but the accuracy feels the same as it did in 1.3.

The MEC RPK is still the best support gun, hands down.

Comment

The PKM's lost a touch of it's pinpoint accuracy since the days of 1.2.

However, 1.4 has not really hurt it in anyway. It still eats up squads who are close together. It still out-snipes snipers in one-two bursts. It still beats every single weapon one vs one in medium ranged fights thanks to it's one shot headshot capabilities and it's sheer power. (4 shots = dead assault kits!)

The gun itself hasn't changed. It's just that people move on from one flavor of the month to the other. The PKM has lost it's popularity, so it's no longer the "Karkand" of support guns.

Now the RPK is the pet-child of the mindless masses, because of the fact that it has less deviation per shot (despite having a larger base deviation), and a faster rate of fire. This allows people to dive, spray and pray at medium range with more success than they would with the PKM.

The PKM is a finesse gun now, just like the L86A1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
            Now the RPK is the pet-child of the mindless masses, because of the fact that it has less deviation per shot. This allows people to dive, spray and pray at medium range with more success than they would with the PKM.
            Pretty much.
            The accuracy combined with solid damage is why I rate it at the top of the support list.

Comment

Nope PKM works fine for me...RAPE!!!

Comment

PKM still owns

Comment

I'm curious.. what are you lots ratings globally for support and LMG?

I'll tell you mine first: ~70th in world for support. ~130th for LMG.

I say PKM got nerfed in 1.4. What say you?

Comment

PKM was a bit overpowered, in my opinion. Good to see that its less accurate now.

Comment

PKM still pwns

Comment

Originally posted by swordfish56
                        PKM was a bit overpowered, in my opinion. Good to see that its less accurate now.
                        Wasnt nerfed, Pro's like me and the rest of us Support guys know how to shoot the big cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                          I'm curious.. what are you lots ratings globally for support and LMG?

I'll tell you mine first: ~70th in world for support. ~130th for LMG.

I say PKM got nerfed in 1.4. What say you?
                          71 hours as support; 2.38 K/D Ratio; approximately 6,900 kills; ranked: 4,760.

52 hours with the Light Machine Gun; approximately 5,600 kills; 2.24 K/D Ratio; 24% accuracy; ranked: 1,616.

Thats 24% accuracy with the PKM.

Comment

Used to like it alot..but..having to contantly dive became a pain and limited the use of it on alot of maps. Using the crouch button just for getting up from prone became tiresome, using a rifle not requiring prone opens play up..so Ive gave up on the PKM.
                            Think Im around 100ish in the world in kills with a LMG, not to high in support tho since I dont pick support and do anything but shoot the gun (no tank/plane/commander etc..)
                            It isnt as fast or accurate as the RPK, but single and burst shot its easy to snipe with. Single taps from it are deadly accurate as usual.

Comment

I dont like the PKM, too much recoil and doesnt put enough rounds downrange. I'm sticking with the USMC SAW, extremely accurate on burst,and it has a lovely sound effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X