1.4 and PKM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 and PKM

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I did so a search and turned up nothing. Did the pkm get nerfed in 1.4? I find I cannot kill people at medium and long range like in the past. Maybe it is my imagination but it seems less accurate now even when firing in short bursts.

Re: 1.4 and PKM

This happened way more patches before which one was it? 1.3 or 1.22?

And for the burst just only shoot one bullet or two not more and in close combat just spray'n pray.

Comment

Nope, the PKM still owns...

Comment

Use the PKM for short range and your pistol for medium/long, soooooo stupid, grrr

Comment

So the PKM sniping days are over? No wonder why I see less of that thing around.

Comment

What the hell are you all talking about?

It's still damn accurate... far more accurate than the L85A1 right now.

It's just not laser accurate anymore.

Comment

The PKM def owns. I have liked Support since the dawn of BF2. That would explain my crappy ratio! LOL

The PKM has changed since the original game, for the good! You juts need to single shot & control your fire if it isn't Close Combat.

If you are prone with the PKM .... Yeah ...Babeee!!

Comment

When prone and single-shotting, the PKM is more accurate than most assault rifles in the same situation (and more powerful to boot). It's just not sniper-like accurate like it was in 1.2, but it's still lethal at long range on prone and single shot.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I h8 da pkm

I hate the PKM

Comment

Except for Sniper rifles, nothing compares to the tack drivers medics carry. PKM should be accurate, gas recoil and bi pod, when prone. Crouching or standing should be able to hit say buildings. LOL

Comment

Ive always loved the PKM until now, during the beta 1.4 testing i tried several things using the PKM on Jalalabad and i found it terrible, PKM in single shot gets pwned by medics no matter what gun they have, support just suXorz now, im not interested in point whoring with ammo, i just play assult and sniper now( changing to AT and Eng when the need arises )

I wouldnt mind, but crap is the PKM is now, if you spawn at a flag thats being attacked, it takes 2 seconds to draw the PKM, grrrrr, makes it even more crap, default support weapon is much better now, one of the DICE developers even admitted he hates the PKM

Comment

I've definitely noticed a difference in the old PKM, it used to be BEAST back in 1.2 days i think. Since 1.3 it hasnt been the same, I just dont select it anymore.

Comment

naw man it is still the best, but i have noticed the SAW is more accurate and i got many headshots with it. just aim at the chest and the gun will rise to the head and BOOOM HEADSHOT

Comment

What they need to do was make the initial shot less accurate, but make small deviation for the first 4-5 rounds, making it an effective need range weapon when fired in burst mode, as a support gun, imho, should be. I hate the spray and pray shotgun subsitiute it has become...

Comment

The PKM has lost functionality with 1.4. It wouldn't surprise me to learn taht they increased its cone and recoil AGAIN.

I prefer the type95 when I can select it.

Comment

Working...
                              X