• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you for your purchase

congratulations - you have just thrown $50 away
    :laugh:

Comment

Have fun sellouts, enjoy your heaping pile of buggy crap.

/rant

Comment

Battlefield 2142 is garbage. It has some redeeming qualities (titan mode and unlocking system) but overall it is an inferior game to Battlefield 2. I tested multiple phases of the beta and it sucked throughout. I can honestly say I actually had to "force" myself to play it (for testing purposes) whereas with Battlefield 2 I want to play it. Either way you slice it though it was a huge waste of my time.

Oh yes and the bugs. Of course it's a beta and normally I'd agree ranting about bugs in a beta is silly but *shock* it has all of the same annoying bugs found in the 1.3 revision of Battlefield 2. Plus some new nasty bugs/balance issues introduced in 2142. Dumbed down gameplay mechanics, same crappy BF2 engine/netcode, same unfixed bugs. Couple that inferior gameplay to Battlefield 2, throw in a ridiculous amount of streaming ingame advertisements (the billboards litter the maps) and 2142 is a real loser in my book. My advice is stick with BF2 till the next crop of amazing games are released and buy them instead (QW, TF2, UT07 ect.).

In fact I suggest getting a refund if it's not too late but don't say I didn't warn you.

Comment

What amazes me is this....And no one has commented on it so far.

Titan mode....how much infantry combat did you notice? Not a lot because most of it is armour based.

What were most of the key issues to BF2 being poroblems? Infantry..

1. bunny hopping / dolphine diving
          2. claymore whoring
          3. noob tubing
          4. nade fests
          5. unbalanced maps

etc etc etc.

Think about all the areas in BF2 that have caused the main problems and now think what those areas you have seen in titan mode.

WHY do you think they only gave you one map and the one map that is armour based..lol is so you do not see that all the same problems that are in BF2 are in 2142.

It wont be until the game is released and you have all bought it that you see the game is no different to BF2 and the same problems are there.

Roll on Quake wars.

Comment

dame brb just going to buy it

Comment

I got the demo released a few weeks ago.

Its a frag fest.Spawn die spawn die etc etc

Did not like the weapons at all. Spray and prey.

This mod is only for under 12s only.

Comment

I heard that the gameplay was really bad. That the whole cone of fire issue was 1000x worse but thats all second hand as I never tried it. I am willing to check out the demo but I doubt that I will be getting this game.

1. Getting farther away from the gameplay roots of 1942.
                2. Horrible support with BF2 and lack of free content updates.
                3. UAV is still in this game...

Thats my main reasons for not liking this game. Once I try it my mind might change... but even then that wont make up for the horrible support for BF2 and the almost total lack of free content like we saw in 1942.

Comment

Save yourself from more loss of time and money, and also from sure frustration and disappointment because 2142 will be the same as BF2 with its bugs and glitches, but it will come with a shiny new paint job.....lmao

Comment

I would say we should not worry on what people spend their money on. I will not comment on the game. It was only a BETA. I will probably not purchase the game since it looks more armored based. Also, why would people be beta testers if they are lazy to report bugs. If 2142 wont be great we can also blame the testers =). Since I bet half of them got a key just to play the game for fun and not report. Because they wanted to play the game so bad they dropped a ton in their pants. I really wanted a key to help out. But no, people took like 10 keys and they did not even use them.

Comment

I was going to get ET:QW instead of BF2142 say novemberish but its been delayed so im thinking of getting BF2142 now

Comment

Working...
                      X