Why The Hate for M95 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why The Hate for M95 ?

I only ever use the M95 when I'm playing SF, since I'm not that good with the SVD. The one thing I DO like is the ability to drop anyone to 2 bars of health (armored or not) with a body shot. Makes the pistol combo insanely easy. In vanilla, I'm an L96/M24 fanboy.

Comment

its a special use weapon, not especially good for taking out infantry in compairison with its sister weapon the m24/l96. only reason i hate it, is cuz it goes through friendly aircraft glass.

Comment

whats deviation? ive seen people use and i see it on my player. but i still dont kno w what it is or does

Comment

People hate the M95 because it looks and feels like it's supposed to perform the role of the M24, but is better at the role of an SVD. For mid-range fighting where accuracy doesn't matter as much (i.e. you can hit most shots by just crouching on the run) and the ability to dish out a big chunk of reliable damage does, it's great. It's also easier to aim than the SVD because of the stronger scope. But it's not a head shot machine so all the sharpshooters hate it.

And some people hate the M95 because in a game where vehicles spawn out of thin air and defibrilators cure bullet wounds in a manner similar to ET's finger, it obviously conflicts with the designers' apparent goal of mind-blowing realism.

Comment

scope too big you have 2 shout close range to get a kill

Comment

Originally posted by hiddensh0t
              whats deviation? ive seen people use and i see it on my player. but i still dont kno w what it is or does
              To explain it in a few words its basically how far the bullet can deviate from the exact center of the crosshairs. Its what makes a gun innaccurate in game.

Ive grown used to the M95. I think people would like it a lot more if you tried using it as a semi-assault weapon. Hit them with your first shot and then use the pistol. Most people dont expect it from a sniper and it works alot more than you would imagine.

Comment

/\

correct, basically gravity will pull that bullet down over distance, since it's a larger caliber bullet, in theory, gravity will be a lot greater than say the round on the m24 or l96. However, since it is a 50 caliber round there is a higher amount of velocity behind it so it kinda counteracts each other, I just think the game does a bad job at presenting the actual bullet drop (real life you can shoot most sniper rifles up to 1000m+ away.

Comment

I like the 2nd unlock more then the M95 for 2 reasons which have been coverd above.

1. The noice it makes is quite loud. As a sniper you have to stay hidden at all times.
                  2. The crosshair, often when I go for them long range headshots I miss and my cover is blown.

What's good about the L96A1

1. The crosshair is prefect for what I do.
                  2. Makes the echo'ing type noice, if you have heard it being shot at you its hard to know where its comming from.

Not saying the M95 is bad or anything I just prefer the L96A1

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
                    since it's a larger caliber bullet, in theory, gravity will be a lot greater than say the round on the m24 or l96.
                    Gravity is not influenced by mass. They teach you that in high school physics. The drop is only affected by the SPEED of the bullet because it gives it less time to drop.

Comment

M95 - My fav sniper rifle. Although it sounds nothing like it does in real life (saw it being used on Discovery Channel and it sounded silent)

Comment

The M95 is a great sniper rifle... For those who are not really Snipers. If your a true Sniper you'll be using the 3rd unlock.

True the M95 is powerfull but the L96 is truely awesome, After each reload I can hit enemy after enemy, maybe not killing them outright everytime but your doing good for the team weeakening the other players so much and you'll get alot of kill damage assists.

And if your good that l96 will be hitting headshots, you dont need power

Comment

People only hate it, becuase they can't use it right or get owned by it

Comment

I love the M95 due to its manly sound Especially when you kill someone. Also find the L9 too small and I hate the horrible reload action on it. The M95 tries to eat the soldier's finger that's how much of a killer it is

Comment

Its inaccurate, and the m24 is better.
                              Surely an unlock should be slightly better??
                              The only good thing is the shoot thru glass ability, which is really usless.

Comment

m95 should rip a hole in some one the size of a melon

Comment

Working...
                                X