MEC never wins on road to JALALALALALLALALLLAABAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC never wins on road to JALALALALALLALALLLAABAD

It's insane, MEC is just such a **** team on this map for a few reasons. Most obvious is that the U.S. main base is way to close to the MEC base and the neutral base, the neutral base is a joke, it's very tough to defend against the barrage of vehicles that come from the U.S. main. The most important non-main base is the junkyard because of all the vehicles and it too is too close to the U.S. main and is too easy to capture. I've played this map 12 times now, 6 wins as U.S., 6 losses as MEC. Anyone care to add?

Re: MEC never wins on road to JALALALALALLALALLLAABAD

It's a hard map for the MEC to win, yes.

The best MEC tactic I've seen (and tried) is forgetting about the first few flags and concentrating on defending the last 3 - the main and the two nearest flags, which are surrounded by various buildings and much easier to lock down and defend.

But the MEC team has to be willing to turtle up, which many players won't do.

Comment

I've seen both wins, MEC and USMC. It all depends on how good is the team as a whole.
      If MEC team defends its main base, it has a good chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by OMGITSRAMBO
        It's insane, MEC is just such a **** team on this map for a few reasons. Most obvious is that the U.S. main base is way to close to the MEC base and the neutral base, the neutral base is a joke, it's very tough to defend against the barrage of vehicles that come from the U.S. main. The most important non-main base is the junkyard because of all the vehicles and it too is too close to the U.S. main and is too easy to capture. I've played this map 12 times now, 6 wins as U.S., 6 losses as MEC. Anyone care to add?
        your joking right?, i find jellybad very one sided mostly to Mec, ive hardly seen usmc win, both with good sides defending & attacking the right places, and ofc catching the jeeps that try to sneak round the side

Comment

For a free map, we have certainly gotten what we paid for here. Is this really an EA map? Any map from the total BF2 map pack was 1000000x better than this garbage.

With that said its nice to see some new content. I am what you might call a core player form the 1942 days. When I got BF2 I expected the same level of support from EA, meaning multiple free new maps, new equipment, and so on. In return we got booster packs and an expansion pack all of which are almost totally worthless because its hard to find servers running them since most people dont have them.

So while this new map really sucks imo, its better than nothing.

Comment

MEC can win on this map and i've seen them win MANY times.

It all depends on how good the MEC team is. The map is evenly balanced, its all got to do with good defence and teamwork.

Comment

Well yesterday we trapped the USMC in there main spawn, must of been 7 AT kits keeping armor in check.

Comment

The map is only evenbalanced if experieced players are on the MEC team. Playing MEC with n00bs is very fustrating.The start of the map does favour USMC though.

Comment

Originally posted by oUtL@w
                  The map is only evenbalanced if experieced players are on the MEC team. Playing MEC with n00bs is very fustrating.The start of the map does favour USMC though.
                  how does the start of the map favor usmc. mec is the one with most of the flags. the us has to go capture them.

Comment

I see MEC win all the time... It take coordination and depends on the team.

Comment

Key to MEC victory:

3 engineers laying mines in choke points.

Thats it. Thats all you need. Once you stop the buggy's (who are usually just running around trying to run people over, or C4'ing armor) and keep the armor pinned, its over for the USMC.

I see both sides win all the time. Key for USMC victory is capturing the mosque. But that won't happen when you have engineers laying mines.

Comment

Or you just play it on IO. SO much more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by funk3h
                          Or you just play it on IO. SO much more fun.
                          Oh yeah, MEC spawn camping USMC all round sounds like lots of fun!

Comment

It`s actually easy to win. Have both roads in mined and protected by a squad each, engineer, support, assault, medic. Have the snipers control their crossing from the lake, as well as first flag. Ususally just keeping the roads mined forces them to attempt to make their way in by foot, let the snipers take care of them. Generally if they cant get their tanks in they don`t do so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
                              I've seen both wins, MEC and USMC. It all depends on how good is the team as a whole.
                              If MEC team defends its main base, it has a good chance of winning.
                              True. I always see someone spamming mines all over the 1st flag, C4 all over the 2nd and 3rd and the rest of the way is AT and medics.

Comment

Working...
                              X