• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jet tips needed!

NatureBoy_Wooo's jet tricks:

The jet is the most awesome piece of death and destruction in BF2
    Here are a few tips for noobs from my experience

1. Fly High... Very very high.. You can barely see the ground.
    • The higher you are, the chances of an enemy pilot detecting you is remote. When you are way up there you can still see the enemy jets flying under you. When you see an enemy pilot crossing below you, simply swoop in behind him and take him out. It is too late for him.
    • Never fire a missle unless you get a good missle lock tone. Wait for the enemy to use their flares and get a good lock again before you fire. If you can keep a lock, two missles should take him out.
    • When you are high it is the best opportunity to take out ground targets with the highest accuracy. Simply spot the target and do a straight dive bomb on to the target. release the bombs right before it is to late for you to pull out of the dive. Dead! Dead! Dead! Sometimes when you get lucky enough to encounter a squad, you will kill 5 or 6 of them with one load of bombs.
    2. Always lead your target.
    • When using guns (which are quite powerful) fly steady, anticipate the moves of your target and lead him. this can be quite tricky at first. Watch out for good enemy pilots that lead you right into a cliffside or big smokestack.
    3. Watch UAV and listen to people spotting targets. Use your HUD.
    • This will ensure that you get as many kills as possible per round. It will also prevent you from bombing a target with 12 of your teammates there trying to capture the flag. Next thing you know, your score is -48.. and that is if they do not punish you.
    I may add more later. I am too drunk right now to think.

P.S. I am a pretty good pilot. I usually get 15-40 kills per round in a jet, depending on the situation. Just remember - There are always pilots way better than you. When I run into a good pilot and have been shot down 5 times in 5 minutes, I get the F out of the plane and start playing something else. Know your limitations.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy_Wooo
      NatureBoy_Wooo's jet tricks:

The jet is the most awesome piece of death and destruction in BF2
      Here are a few tips for noobs from my experience

1. Fly High... Very very high.. You can barely see the ground.
      • The higher you are, the chances of an enemy pilot detecting you is remote. When you are way up there you can still see the enemy jets flying under you. When you see an enemy pilot crossing below you, simply swoop in behind him and take him out. It is too late for him.
      • Never fire a missle unless you get a good missle lock tone. Wait for the enemy to use their flares and get a good lock again before you fire. If you can keep a lock, two missles should take him out.
      • When you are high it is the best opportunity to take out ground targets with the highest accuracy. Simply spot the target and do a straight dive bomb on to the target. release the bombs right before it is to late for you to pull out of the dive. Dead! Dead! Dead! Sometimes when you get lucky enough to encounter a squad, you will kill 5 or 6 of them with one load of bombs.
      2. Always lead your target.
      • When using guns (which are quite powerful) fly steady, anticipate the moves of your target and lead him. this can be quite tricky at first. Watch out for good enemy pilots that lead you right into a cliffside or big smokestack.
      3. Watch UAV and listen to people spotting targets. Use your HUD.
      • This will ensure that you get as many kills as possible per round. It will also prevent you from bombing a target with 12 of your teammates there trying to capture the flag. Next thing you know, your score is -48.. and that is if they do not punish you.
      I may add more later. I am too drunk right now to think.

P.S. I am a pretty good pilot. I usually get 15-40 kills per round in a jet, depending on the situation. Just remember - There are always pilots way better than you. When I run into a good pilot and have been shot down 5 times in 5 minutes, I get the F out of the plane and start playing something else. Know your limitations.

Hope this helps.

j10 vs. f35 missile locks really ruin many tips ^

Comment

slow down when Turing when in front the enemy when he past you up power up

also when you put out flares dive with them not away from them

Comment

Just remember - There are always pilots way better than you.
          That is true for me and everyone I know...

But I don't think you know who colony is.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by akburst510
            j10 vs. f35 missile locks really ruin many tips ^
            These are just normal tips to help people who are new to flying. I did not go into great detail. I will write a book later.

As fo J10's vs F35, F35 will lose most of the time. F35's need a wingman. If two capable F35 pilots fly together, J10 dies. Other than that, if you fly a F35, hope the J10 pilot sucks. The good news for "US marines" is that the J10 is the only chinese weapon worth a crap in BF2. The US should beat China 100% of the time if everyone plays in squads and as a team.

Comment

Best tip I've seen is ir your in the F35 then immediately after flaring eject. Always works!

Comment

These are just normal tips to help people who are new to flying. I did not go into great detail. I will write a book later.

As fo J10's vs F35, F35 will lose most of the time. F35's need a wingman. If two capable F35 pilots fly together, J10 dies. Other than that, if you fly a F35, hope the J10 pilot sucks. The good news for "US marines" is that the J10 is the only chinese weapon worth a crap in BF2. The US should beat China 100% of the time if everyone plays in squads and as a team.

Yeah but still.. even if you have 2 good pilots on your team, but the J-10 is a good pilot.. it will just never end.. because if you get a GOOD... J-10 pilot, it's almost impossible to kill him.

Comment

not boasting or anything, i was playing on dalian the other day on a thai server, which had the Thailand's best BF2 player "[HipHop]pp"

and after seeing metallicaguitrst's plane video, i must say, i owe all my aviator points to him, i basically OWNED the player. me vs j10. he is a respectable player, a very good pilot overall. but metallicaguitrst's video just made me god on thai servers!!!

thanx metallicaguitrst!

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                    Yeah but still.. even if you have 2 good pilots on your team, but the J-10 is a good pilot.. it will just never end.. because if you get a GOOD... J-10 pilot, it's almost impossible to kill him.
                    So are you Kirk Hammet or just someone like me who loves to jam on Metallica tunes?

Comment

This is very very useful for all pilots.
                      Read it, learn it, use it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X