jet tips needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet tips needed!

when i press f and go in for a kill, i find it hardto drop the bombs and destroy vehicles.. tips please for hitting tanks and stuff :P

Re: jet tips needed!

you'll hear this a lot

practice practice practice

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
      you'll hear this a lot

practice practice practice
      And try steep dives with your crosshair on the target, or where the target will be in a couple of seconds then release. Count one to make sure they are away, and pull out hard.

More of an unguided missle than a bomb.

Comment

You can also find and read jet guides here. Some of them have pictures of how to gauge the aim and also how to check your targeting afterwards.

Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. Read a bit, fly as much as you can without being a Jet Hog.

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
          , fly as much as you can without being a Jet Hog.
          Sometimes, single player is best for sharpening your skills.

Comment

Oh... but I thought "jets are so easy to rack up kills" and "any noob can get a ton of kills in a jet"

lol

But seriously:

On cars, don't waste bombs. Just shoot the cannon at them. The way to do that is, if they are going full speed, and you see the green box, imagine another green box right in front of the direction they are travelling, and shoot in the front of that imaginary box... that's the best I can explain how much to lead the cars.

Really, never use bombs unless it's on a tank, or if you know you will get like 6 infantry kills.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
              or if you know you will get like 6 infantry kills.
              from the OTHER team . I keep getting that one mixed up myself.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                from the OTHER team . I keep getting that one mixed up myself.

Simon

LOL yeah..

Before you bomb.. make sure you don't see any (or many.. lol) blue dots in that area.

Comment

Dive bombing is always fun.

go up to 700 and quickly aim at ground then fire cannons if they dont get the job done drop the bombs

Comment

The funnest thing IMO is to have a good team on Wake as USMC. This was the dream US game. We took the South Base & Airfield. I hopped into a vacated J10 while the enemy retook the South Base. We then proceeded to bomb the infantry sh!t out of the plane whores unskilled in ground combat. I jusdt love it. They must have thought it was great teamplay to see a tank and two squads of infantry moving up the road, sure to take the airfield. It all changed when I dropped both bombs. Destroyed the tank and got 6 infantry kills.

Comment

i just played a wake game
                      f35 is all good as long as you stay away from j10s

20 kills 1 death
                      CTD

Comment

CTD!! with 1.4??? thats rare, i havent had one post 1.4!! lucky me

dive bombing is great, but u can always try the machine guns, those squares/triangles tend to appear quite a distance from the target.. (view distance 100% that is) start firing ure machine gun that way... as far as i know, i have taken most of my enemy vehicles (including tanks and APCs) that way, i use bombs only when my teammates need an area cleared.. (of people, or mounted machine gun people, those buggers are hard to get with the machine gun on the plane (cos i dont really care where the machine guns are mounted )

bombing can be done while flying straight aswell, just takes a LOT of estimating and practice (and open space) you need to be very low in altitude to do a fly by bomb run (dont PLEASE, try taht with the bomber, u'll blow up ure self)

according to ure OP, u didnt specify with which plane (bomber or fighter)

with bombers, well, its easy, those huge bombs blow up anything on contact. one of those can take a tank out ,and u have 5... once again, the bomber needs altitude... dive, from around 400 to around 200 (depending on the ground height aswell) and pull up. if u want to do a fly by bombing run, depends on ure speed, i tend to slow down to around 700 -750, and i release the bombs when i feel its right...

lol sorry abot the bomber tips, i know they dont help that much, but practice!

Comment

I'm not really a fan of ground pounding. Today in Kubra Dam, I used some of the tips metallica pointed out in his video. Worked like a charm. I was unstoppable, always taking out the enemy fighter and bomber, I even took out one with my cannon for the first time. If I had gotten inthe jet at the very start of the round my score would have been better then 22-5.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                            Oh... but I thought "jets are so easy to rack up kills" and "any noob can get a ton of kills in a jet"

lol

But seriously:

On cars, don't waste bombs. Just shoot the cannon at them. The way to do that is, if they are going full speed, and you see the green box, imagine another green box right in front of the direction they are travelling, and shoot in the front of that imaginary box... that's the best I can explain how much to lead the cars.

Really, never use bombs unless it's on a tank, or if you know you will get like 6 infantry kills.
                            Or if you're efficient enough to use the 1-bomb mechanism and know how to bomb -wink, wink- then one bomb for that FAV and one dead on the turret of that tank and you'll be getting your moneys worth.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
                              CTD!! with 1.4??? thats rare, i havent had one post 1.4!! lucky me
                              Man, you ARE lucky... :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X