• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 771 Ranked servers break ROE No TKpunish

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
    I only get 100-200 servers on my list with no extra filters selected

how come 771 are breaking the rule

Only option selected are bf2_tkmode=No Punish as a server variable and then ticked ranked, brings up 771 servers.

Originally posted by [ht].ken
    How do you know if they auto-punish or if it's "off"?

I know in our server you don't get the punish or forgive option, it's automatic.
    You can't tell whether its auto punish or whether the players have the choice. But you can tell if a server has punish turned on or off by looking at the server variable bf2_tkmode=No Punish

This brings another question though as to the players who play on these servers. Being they are technically illegal server configs like K&P servers will players risk having their stats reset for playing on a server that has tkpunish turned off?

Comment

ISTR that when that was first added to the RoE someone said that you could easily work around it by turning on auto-punish and then setting the number of punishes needed to kick/ban to some huge number.

Personally, my favorite server is on that no-punish list and if EA removed its ranking and reset my stats I couldn't care less (although I'd feel bad for the other people on the server who do care about ranking).

Comment

It is true you can set the number of punishes to kick to a high number but there is no point really. The only reason servers have tkpunish turned off is because it annoys the majority of players and makes for a better gaming environment with tkpunish off.

Its no secret we want to turn tkpunish off but we also abide by the ROE so its not "currently" an option for us. However with the top 3 servers having tkpunish off maybe one could summise that its a popular feature and players would rather play on servers that have tkpunish turned off.

Comment

TK punish is the worst idea ever in a video game like BF2. In an ideal world it would work, but it doesn't.

Comment

While I get annoyed when someone punishes me when they round a corner in a HMMV and hit my tank and blow up, clearly this is less of an issue than vindictive, clueless Admins imo.

I thought if someone punished you for a TK you lost points but if they didn't you kept them. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Comment

Nope, and also -2 for team damage :/

Comment

the reason why FF on is a good idea (after playing a while with it off in the demo and i played the demo since it seems to be alot more stable :P) is so that commanders will be more hesistant on where they drop arty and ppl will have to ceasse fire if their teammate runs in front so itll be easy for u to shoot them if they are the enemy

Comment

Originally posted by Repent
                  That's interesting, I never thought of it that away, I may have to try this.

Good point.

Sometimes, us server admins/owners are left with little recourse in these matters. It just seemed like the most logical solution at the time.

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                  If servers were set to automatically punish then how would you feel in this scenario? You are flying a full BH, you get rammed by an enemy jet and bam you tk 5 people in the BH and then you are instantly banned from the server as you automatically got punished.

The reason we want to have the choice to turn punish on or off is because the tk system is broken. 99% of all my tk's come from one scenario. I'm flying an attack heli, I get rammed and bam I tk the copilot. Now that is a joke. I didn't tk the copilot, we both got rammed. If you look at my stats it wouldn't suprise me if someone sees the amount of tk's I have, the time spent flying a heli and then think I must tk for the heli, which I don't and have never done that.
                  I've been a pilot of a BH full of people and another chopper full of people felt compelled to ram us. Giving me 4 TK's plus the credit of 6 kills for their chopper full of people.
                  I do not autoban for TK's, instead we use the autokick. If we see someone that makes an honest mistake such as the one in your scenario, it would be unfair to punish that player with a ban for something that was not their fault. I am a very active admin, I try and make sure we run a clean server with no BS that is why everyone in our clan has admin access.
                  I am a firm believer that the autoban for a set number of TK's is made for admins are unable to admin or that care more about playing and less about taking care of their servers or their guests. It's just my opinon, that seems like the lazy way out.

Originally posted by mondo66
                  This does nothing for the idiots that jump in front of vehicles at any time. Noticed the new thing now on tha JAL map that if someone doesn't get a buggy, hell with it I'll jump in front of it. "TK" for something you had no control of.
                  This is true, but I would rather play on servers that have admins that do something about the idiots out there than on some autoban robot-admined server. I used to play on Insomnia 365 Mashtuur City a lot and we could never get an admin in there to save our lives. I made a decision one day, as fun as that server was, when I play in a pub, I want an admin there that knows how to deal with morons. Why should my fun be toned down any less because of some noob cake that can't learn the meaning of teamwork is. I mean, 4 year olds know how to share, no reason for adults not to either.

Comment

Good, 771 servers that either realize that it's the most retarded rule ever or simply don't care. Practically every server I go to with TK punish, it's severely frowned on anyway, because every teamkill is either accidental or from someone who's gonna get banned in about 20 seconds regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by -=[R]=-SilentNite
                      All server should have FF enabled in my opinion but your absolutely right, turning the one off, negates the other.
                      I agree, but with a good deal of my 3200 team kills and around 17,000 points lost due to retards stepping on claymores and driving over mines, and slamming into my ride, for clays and mines I disagree.

Tonight I thought I might go for Expert Explosives as a sniper. Big mistake, within 5 minutes I was kicked and banned. I believe those teammates just wanted to stop me putting clays at spawn entrances they were camping, and deliberately suicided on them. Even after I told my squad where I put them (I often do), a squad member died and punished me. I was 3rd placed on our team of 32 even with the tk's at the time.

I made sure they were in clear view for teammates, and facing away from our spawns.

Whats worse... nub abuse by deliberately spamming friendly areas with claymores and mines, or an idiot deliberately stepping on friendly clays, and deliberately driving over mines? I'd say the latter because even if some jerk is spamming a friendly area with them, you don't HAVE to stand or drive on them.

The game logic assumes the spamming is most likely, judging by the current system. And it's wrong, and desperately needs changed. A death on friendly mines and clays should be a suicide, or at least an unpunishable tk.

The tk system completely blows, the friendly vs. friendly collision blame system is just fubarred. I'm sitting in a Humvee rattling away with the pea shooter, some knob in a full dpv somes flying around the corner too fast smashes into my Humvee and BOOM. It's 3 tk's, -14 odd points, 3 punishes and kicked and banned.

The system is without any exaggeration, completely ridiculous. The current option of just switching ff off for mines and / or clays is also completely ridiculous, that's why it's never used.

Comment

Nobody cares about tk punish. The gsps dont want to lose money from server rental so the server admins can do what they please.

Comment

Scenario 1: machstem kills TKs you because you're an idiot. you punish machstem. machstem could give a sh!t

Scenario 2: machstem is TKed, gets upset for approximately 4 seconds, gets over it and continues to play

So, I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by machstem
                            Scenario 1: machstem kills TKs you because you're an idiot. you punish machstem. machstem could give a sh!t

Scenario 2: machstem is TKed, gets upset for approximately 4 seconds, gets over it and continues to play

So, I don't see the problem.
                            Scenario 3: I accidentally kill Joe Citizen with my Abrams, say a road kill. I apologise but he takes it to heart. Joe Citizen jumps in the nearest dpv, slams into me , dies and punishes. He "rinses and repeats" 3 times, I'm kicked and possibly banned.

Scenario 4: Joe Citizen now wants the jet. Somebody else gets in, luckily he had a FAV nearby, he parks on the runway the jet slams into him, he dies and punishes the pilot. He repeats until he either A kicks the guy who has been "tk'ing" him, or B he's left to it and gets the jet.

Scenario 5: A lone sniper decides to claymore an enemy spawn away from the front. Soon 3 teammates choose that very flag to cap. 2 get claymore tk'd and punish regardless of whether or not it was deliberate much less wise. Lone sniper is now 1 punish away from a kick and ban.

I could go on and on, there are serious problems with the system. Trouble is the game can't attribute blame in these situations, that's why ptk was born. But people being as they are, it is one of the most abused features of the game.

Do you now see the problem?

Comment

problem with auto TKpunishes is usually the people punished don't deserve them.

Like an idiot driving his jeep into your tank...the tank driver takes the TK hit for it (and the hit for any passengers in the jeep)...that's -4 x # of people in vehicle WITHOUT the punish...if the punish is enabled...double that.

Then if you have autokick after X number of punishes...then even if el uber tank driver was score leader and basically winning the map for his side...he gets booted all because a jeep driver rammed into him and he gets punished for it. In fact I have seen people do this simply to get people booted off the server.

Same thing happens with AA and friendly aircraft....since stingers and Essex fire seem to love locking onto friendlies more often than the enemy.

And also let's not forget the people who will force you to TK them (lying down in front of helicopers taking off...moving in front of jeeps/vods, etc and then punish you...just because they wanted the vehicle.

I think the -4 just for the TK (without punish) is more than enough, and the bf2cc negative score kick is usually enough to keep the griefers out and while good adminning can take care of the rest...the TK punish system has too many bugs and exploits with it to be considered a worthy feature in the game that *has* to be enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                                Scenario 3: I accidentally kill Joe Citizen with my Abrams, say a road kill. I apologise but he takes it to heart. Joe Citizen jumps in the nearest dpv, slams into me , dies and punishes. He "rinses and repeats" 3 times, I'm kicked and possibly banned.

Scenario 4: Joe Citizen now wants the jet. Somebody else gets in, luckily he had a FAV nearby, he parks on the runway the jet slams into him, he dies and punishes the pilot. He repeats until he either A kicks the guy who has been "tk'ing" him, or B he's left to it and gets the jet.

Scenario 5: A lone sniper decides to claymore an enemy spawn away from the front. Soon 3 teammates choose that very flag to cap. 2 get claymore tk'd and punish regardless of whether or not it was deliberate much less wise. Lone sniper is now 1 punish away from a kick and ban.

I could go on and on, there are serious problems with the system. Trouble is the game can't attribute blame in these situations, that's why ptk was born. But people being as they are, it is one of the most abused features of the game.

Do you now see the problem?
                                Oh, I see and understand the problem..I just don't think it IS a problem..you know!?

Comment

Working...
                                X