771 Ranked servers break ROE No TKpunish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 771 Ranked servers break ROE No TKpunish

There are currently 771 ranked servers breaking the ROE because they don't have tkpunish on. Which is 20% of all ranked servers.

As per the ROE:
    2.2.3 TK Punish must be active (i.e. not “off”), but can be set to automatically punish or to allow players to punish/forgive by voting.

Now why bring this up, who cares right? Well this was a hotly debated topic in the ROE discussion. All the ranked server owners who participated wanted to have the option as to whether to have tkpunish on or off. It was argued that with enough admins and BF2CC having a negative score to kick feature that the broken tkpunish system was not needed and therefore obsolete. To ensure a better playing atmosphere we wanted to be able to turn tkpunish off.

But again who cares right whether tkpunish is on or off and whether someone punishes or forgives because you don't lose any points for those stat whores who care? It can be and is being used to grief players and ban them from servers. The default setting for tkpunish is 3 punishes then a ban from the server. So take this scenario. 2 Jet whores, 1 gets the jet and the other stands in front of the jet forces a tk and then punishes. Repeat 3 times and you have banned that person from the server. So instead of the tkpunish system removing the griefers (which it was designed for as an auto admin anti griefer tool) it is being used by the griefers themselves.

Colin, DICE/EA are well aware of this. I have had several discussions with Colin about this and he could see the valid points I made and others made and said they would look into adding it into the 1.4 patch but as usual "couldn't promise anything" Now that being said some of these servers on this list participated in the ROE on this very topic and were very vocal. So now they just decide to ignore the ROE and turn tkpunish off? How are they then any different to a K&P server? Should they all be shut down?

The main point is even though tkpunish doesn't affect a persons score it still pisses them off. This makes for an unhappy playing evironment with all the "wtf did you punish me for noob it was you own fault" or "stop standing in front of the jets noob" This is why server owners should have the "option" as to whether to turn tkpunish on or off.

Re: 771 Ranked servers break ROE No TKpunish

tell me what is the point of freindly fire? i think it just does more harm then good. on those servers you still get negative points for tking.

Comment

I would agree, TKPunish is nothing other than an auto admin feature and shouldn't be part of any ROE.

It is funny how people still don't realize that the punish does nothing negative to their scores.

Myself, I would like to see it as a server side option. This way if no admin is active, they could turn it on and virtually allow the server to admin itself. I myself am one who always forgives and saving me that keystroke would be nice too

Comment

Well FF off is another one. Even if you have FF off you are supposed to have tkpunish, but tkpunish is then obsolete, oh the irony of it all.

Comment

Interesting find Capt., I think the server should be set to automatically punish. You would never see the screen pop up to punish or not. This way it would teach everyone to be more careful and just be rolling through like a train everywhere they go.

Comment

All server should have FF enabled in my opinion but your absolutely right, turning the one off, negates the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              Interesting find Capt., I think the server should be set to automatically punish. You would never see the screen pop up to punish or not. This way it would teach everyone to be more careful and just be rolling through like a train everywhere they go.
              That's interesting, I never thought of it that away, I may have to try this.

Good point.

Comment

If servers were set to automatically punish then how would you feel in this scenario? You are flying a full BH, you get rammed by an enemy jet and bam you tk 5 people in the BH and then you are instantly banned from the server as you automatically got punished.

The reason we want to have the choice to turn punish on or off is because the tk system is broken. 99% of all my tk's come from one scenario. I'm flying an attack heli, I get rammed and bam I tk the copilot. Now that is a joke. I didn't tk the copilot, we both got rammed. If you look at my stats it wouldn't suprise me if someone sees the amount of tk's I have, the time spent flying a heli and then think I must tk for the heli, which I don't and have never done that.

Comment

This does nothing for the idiots that jump in front of vehicles at any time. Noticed the new thing now on tha JAL map that if someone doesn't get a buggy, hell with it I'll jump in front of it. "TK" for something you had no control of.

Comment

does it really matter that much? if someone TKs you do you really have to go the extra mile to punish them? TK punishing is smacktard justice. nothing more.

Comment

I only get 100-200 servers on my list with no extra filters selected

how come 771 are breaking the rule

Comment

Though interestingly, there's nothing in the original licence which requires you to abide by any ROE..

I say just turn FF off altogether. If you can't be shot out of a heli by some anus, if they can't ptk because they sat under your wheels, if you accidentally have a claymore go off and it hits a friendly.. so what?

It's no skin off my nose, and griefers will be griefers regardless of how large the threat of banning is.

Comment

Just leave it turned off if you want. If you seriously think EA will de-rank your server and thus lose a source of over 100 bucks a month then you need to pay closer attention to the logo you see when you start up BF2.

Comment

How do you know if they auto-punish or if it's "off"?

I know in our server you don't get the punish or forgive option, it's automatic.

Comment

Stationary vehicles (e.i tanks) get teamkills? What is up with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X