High point servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High point servers

The quoted post below was made regarding someone asking for clarification on the definition of a high point server. This is coming from the man himself and it is as good as the last word on the subject.

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
    Really it falls to an admin. If admins are running a 64 size map sever with a small population wracking up points then thats a violation.

However it is ambiguous on purpose because I do not want to dictate exactly how you must run your servers. Even though there are some who try to hurt the system through exploitation and poor sportsmanship I do not want to punish the proper upstanding admins who are just trying to have a quality server environment.

To a certain point this falls to a players own awareness. At this point most players recognize that if they are in a server where most players have a 160+ point score then its likely they should not stay on that server.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      The quoted post below was made regarding someone asking for clarification on the definition of a high point server. This is coming from the man himself and it is as good as the last word on the subject.
      Sorry, that still does not clarify it. Besides, when has Colin been clear on anything

Comment

ive seen 16 size servers with 64 ppl in them i dont see anything wrong with that. Unless you want to die alot

Comment

Originally posted by ABN_RGR
          No.

According to EA. A highpoint server is a server that has set the ticket ratio above 200. I will post the link agian as soon as I find it.
          Thanks for clearing that up. Thanks everyone.

Comment

16 player + 64 player map = higher round score, but much lower SPM. Only idiots think they can stat pad by playing on those servers. As long as the ticket ratio is the same, they are legal, regardless of what Colin says. Besides, how much of his information is reliable anyway?

Comment

ROE is useless. It should just say "no hacking, no glitching". When a video game has a set of laws then something is wrong.

16 players on 64 man maps is FINE. Your SPM is infact lower than if you were to medwhore on a 64 player Karkand server.

Comment

HPS are fun, but you are 100% right, they kill your SPM. Total poison. Anti-Points.

Then again, for some people that only make 0.3 points per minute, it could be a big improvement.
                :laugh:

Comment

I agree! You play on a Full 64 man 64 player map server & it last 25- 30 minutes or less & get MAYBE 40-50 points.

You play on a 64 player Map with 32 or less people & it will probably last at LEAST an hour or so & you get what? ..... 100 - 150 points?

In Full 64 man servers you spend a WHOLE lot of time waiting to respawn (unless you are in aircraft). But with large maps & less players you tend to come upon 1 on 1 battles more frequently instead of 10 people shooting at you from 8 different directions! LOL (pull up in a tank & there are 14 AT rockets coming at you!)

I use to love 64 man servers full but Damnnnnnn, I spent a whole lot of time in spec mode. With less players on large maps you can actually have more spead out firefights & the battles are more intense because people aren't spamming nades/AT rockets/ etc at you every 5 seconds.

Just my thoughts!

Comment

cant beleive they made ifnantry only legal when it was against bfroe, people got their stats wiped for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                      Yes, and most people understand that. People like myself, just enjoy the change in game place.
                      Let's not be facetious, it gives you higher points per round making it easier to get awards

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

That would be a HPS and it is not allowed. There is no clear cut answer. Common sense sould tell you that running a server with the least possible amount of players with the largest possible maps is high points and against ROE. To be perfectly honest, it would really boring running around the same map for 2 hours. I would rather have someone to shoot at regularly.
                        If stats matter to you at all, don't risk them. You also risk your reputation as a gamer. No one likes cheaters and no one likes stat padders. Here is another thread on high point servers worth a read, especially the 1st post.
                        http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89953
                        I played 64player map lastnight, and everyone started leaving towards the end. It got to 8vs8 and lasted forever. High points? I've had the same points when there is more people to shoot, got 138, closest guy to me 90. Boring game.

Comment

In that case I doubt in the persons who drew up the ROE. They don't seem to have a clue of what legislation is (since ROE is aiming to be one). You CANNOT have unexplained definitions that can be interpreted by the administrative body (being the EA) as they see fit on any given sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                            cant beleive they made ifnantry only legal when it was against bfroe, people got their stats wiped for it.
                            Actually the ROE never called out infantry only servers as illegal that I recall. It did say resticting any equipment (vehicles/weapons) was illegal on ranked servers.

By providing an infantry only game mode, they met a consumer demand.

As for "high points" servers; I am not a fan. I will take a full 64 player server any day... more action = more enjoyment for me.

Comment

Originally posted by way21337
                              Thanks for clearing that up. Thanks everyone.
                              Thanks for clearing that up, LOL , that is WRONG, 64 man maps start @ 300 tickets

I already explained tickets in detail

DUH!

It is amusing how every 1 in this thread is throwing out the "red herring" about spm when the reason for HP servers is high scoring rounds to get hard to earn badges

rotflmao

Originally posted by RocketChild
                              HPS are fun, but you are 100% right, they kill your SPM. Total poison. Anti-Points.

Then again, for some people that only make 0.3 points per minute, it could be a big improvement.
                              :laugh:
                              Actually it depends on the map, if you have 2 cp's in close proximity to 1 another (such as the palace in Warlord), you can have fights w/ 10 ppl that are just as intense a if there were 64 men in the server, & last much longer for huge scores

As a matter of fact, an underpopulated Warlord server, especially if you can get the fight into the palace is what a recommend to get all your SF kit expert combat badges

peace

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                                It is amusing how every 1 in this thread is throwing out the "red herring" about spm when the reason for HP servers is high scoring rounds to get hard to earn badges

peace
                                Never thought of it that way, but you seem to have a point here. I have never cared about the badges and when one shows up I go oh jolly good and go on playing. Though I believe I've gotten all mine on 64player servers, don't recall any from big maps and small number of players.

Comment

Working...
                                X