Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being a Squad Mate

Originally posted by *BS*Gun Slinger
    no he shouldnt, if you want to communicate with commander then JOIN A SQUAD OR CREATE YOUR OWN

thats the principle of the game..........TEAMWORK

there are no milestone markers or awards for Lonewolf time are there??? didnt think so
    i coulda sworn that everyone using Voip can talk openly to anyone on their side, the main chat button or something

Comment

For VOIP, only SL's can talk to the commander. Other than that, all VOIP transmissions are limited to respective squad members only.

Comment

WOW!!! REALLY, WOW!!! I was going to qoute two or three of you tards but most were wrong, or corrected the other incorrectly.

First off, just like any real military there is a chain of command; therefore just anyone should not be able to talk to the commander.

Second (IN GAME), the squad leader can talk to the comander VIA the VIOP and the rosebud commands: I.E.: request uav, vehicle, supplies, and arty. Just like that squad leaders troops can talk to him, in the same fashion.

Third, when playing a squad member, your request fall on the squad leader as text/audible I.E.: (Requesting vehicle/supplies/arty).... Your request do not go to the commander ( as is the chain of command). As far as promoting teamwork, your squadleader should know where are/ you should be near/ working with him; therefore, he should think to call for what you are asking for before you/ given you orders for what you are doing.

Zach, the vehicle drops have always worked the same way. No troop was ever able to request a vehicle drop directly from commander (only squad leads). I use to make a squad for this reason alone.
        Maybe you should check your facts before posting.... NOOB.

I realize this game is not real/ not a perfect sim of the military. Henceforth why you think, the commander should hear ever request from every private on the battlefield.

Comment

No, No.....................NO!!!!!

This is a team based game, there's a HUGE reason why only squad leaders can make requests to the commander. It would be TOO MUCH freakin chatter with every noob asking for a taxi service (which I've found to be the case sometimes) If you would like requests honored, then click on create a squad buddy! After you do this you'll find one or two players join you. I honestly appreciate the fact there's some limit on squads and squad leaders here. If I'm not a squad leader- I STICK WITH MY SQUAD.
          And by the way, if you want to complain about my honest answer, go play some other game NOT TEAM BASED. It's the reason why I play this game.

Comment

Originally posted by amndunncw
            Zach, the vehicle drops have always worked the same way. No troop was ever able to request a vehicle drop directly from commander (only squad leads). I use to make a squad for this reason alone.
            Maybe you should check your facts before posting.... NOOB.
            Just because you assumed it wouldn't work doesn't it mean it didn't, so I'm sorry, but you are the n00b. Really. You are. Come back when you get a clue. Did DICE intend for this to be the case? That's irrelevant. Just like they didn't intend for the ability to vehicle spam, yet their buggy code allowed for it.

And about VOIP, what did you say that I didn't just say right above your post? Talk about pathethic. "Oh! Look at me! Look at me! I'm going to educate you all, and you will worship me!" you yell, yet then you embarrassingly restate what I just posted. Again... you're just an attention-whore n00b. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
              But the person asking for transport or supplies or arty, their blue dot on the screen flashes, add the fact that you get the text in game and it's pretty easy to figure out.
              Pretty easy eh? Thats true... but easy goes a long way here on BF2 with all these fools running around. Squad Leaders, most of them just simply dont see the text or the flashing icon on their mini map. They are more worried about themselves. This is why there are so many squad with one person in it. So they can make thier own request because simply squad leaders don't pay attention to thier flashing and inline text request.
              Also one more thing. Alot of people dont really use VIOP so that can make it hard too. Plus how can a SL make it so that his squad mates request is answered when he's all the way across the map?
              Yes its also true that Commander can only hear squad mates's request and text but doesn't see the parachute. As a matter of fact a parachute should come out for you squad leader to see.

Comment

tbh i dont care about voip i dont use it so you cant exactly flame be for being wrong haha

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  tbh i dont care about voip i dont use it
                  same...

Comment

Working...
                  X