Being a Squad Mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a Squad Mate

Okay I don't know if any of you notice this but, when ever you are just a squad member. Your request arnt noticeable. You can request for a vehicle but It doesn't show it to anyone or even your squad leader. I often find my self stranded and asking for a vihecle in the middle of nowhere after my squad leader is killed. This also goes for UAV too.
    Why can't it be that when you request for something, your squad leader should get a page up or page down on your request. And if he pages up, the commander will see the request on his map

Re: Being a Squad Mate

thats exactly how it is, often those requests are already covered by kick votes and mutinys.

Comment

When I'm commanding I'll notice someone asking for a vehicle/supplies or whatever and their guy marker on the commander map and main map will blink and I will help them out with whatever assets I have at the time.

I do agree that there should be a line of communication with the commander if the SL goes down or simply doesn't respond to requests.

Comment

when the squad member asks for jeep or supplies etc the Sqaud leader sees one of his coloured team members flashing on his overhead map..thats the one that needs whatever it is.

Comment

they need more command functions in the game overall. the better squad memebers can communicate to SL and SL can communicate to SM and the commander the better the team will do overall. commands like: squad memebers fall in! when you get a full squad and they all go different directions. or, i need a ride or i will shoot you!

Comment

Theres loads of needed improvements to this game but.......most are ignored.
            Take 1.4 for instance they took a age to give it out ,they could have implemented some real good changes for the amount of time they took.

Comment

Yeah, this simply sounds like an inefficient Squad Leader.

The majority of my time is played as SL. I acknowledge all members requests via Voip and further inform them what the Commander tells me, ie recharging, next drop is yours or simply flat out denied.....

Comment

As [ht].ken said, and it's true, when a squad member makes a vehicle request, it's a request to the Commander, not the SL. So if your request is ignored, then blame the Commander, not your SL.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach
                  As [ht].ken said, and it's true, when a squad member makes a vehicle request, it's a request to the Commander, not the SL. So if your request is ignored, then blame the Commander, not your SL.
                  Hate to burst your bubble but your incorrect with that. The commander may hear the request within the game via audibles (I don't know if he hears it) but he certainly doesn't get the parachute icon displayed for the request location. That only comes from the squad leader.

Comment

Originally posted by -=[R]=-SilentNite
                    Hate to burst your bubble but your incorrect with that. The commander may hear the request within the game via audibles (I don't know if he hears it) but he certainly doesn't get the parachute icon displayed for the request location. That only comes from the squad leader.
                    You should really check these things out first privately before publicly making a fool out of yourself through your own arrogance.

Comment

He is right! When a SM asks for something it is only relayed to the SL. The Squad leader is the only one who's commands are heard or seen by the Commander.

Same with VOIP! SM's can only talk to SL's & SL's can only talk to commanders! (and squad members)

If you are a Squad member, you can hit that "Need Supplies" command till your next birthday & nothing will happen unless your Squad Leader relays it to the Commander!

Comment

the commander should also have some sort of direct communication with the unassigned players.

Comment

But the person asking for transport or supplies or arty, their blue dot on the screen flashes, add the fact that you get the text in game and it's pretty easy to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by sassback
                            the commander should also have some sort of direct communication with the unassigned players.
                            no he shouldnt, if you want to communicate with commander then JOIN A SQUAD OR CREATE YOUR OWN

thats the principle of the game..........TEAMWORK

there are no milestone markers or awards for Lonewolf time are there??? didnt think so

Comment

Originally posted by Got Your Back
                              He is right! When a SM asks for something it is only relayed to the SL. The Squad leader is the only one who's commands are heard or seen by the Commander.

Same with VOIP! SM's can only talk to SL's & SL's can only talk to commanders! (and squad members)

If you are a Squad member, you can hit that "Need Supplies" command till your next birthday & nothing will happen unless your Squad Leader relays it to the Commander!
                              But this isn't (or at least wasn't) true for vehicle requests which is what I was replying to. Heck, you don't (or didn't) even need to be in a squad to request one, you know.

Perhaps they changed this in patch 1.4. <shrug> I wouldn't know as I haven't bothered updating yet.

Edit: Well, whatever. In the spirit of the OP, he is correct that all the other squad commands are pretty much pointless. I have played SL more than anything else, and not once have I gotten any kind of noticeable indication of any squadmates request. If they aren't using VOIP, then they are just out of luck. The pgup/pgdn thing a pretty good idea though.

Comment

Working...
                              X