Rank Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank Battle

Why is it that most of the time it's always high ranks on one side and the lower on the other? Are Coporal, Majors and luitenent afrad to get deaths from each other so they join together and pray on the useless and ignorant lower ranks(no offense low rankers)? I love joinning the opposite for the challenge but I also hate it too cause I'll be the only one doing something on that team.

Re: Rank Battle

To be honest, I don't really look at people's ranks when playing in game. I have noticed a few times though the people lets say with the top 3 scores are usually on the same team. That's most likely due to the winning team beating the losing team down, thus getting easy points. And just because someone has a lower rank, doesn't necessarily make them worse then people with higher ranks. You have to take in other variables like maybe they just started playing BF2 but are FPS fanatics so automatically good at the game. Or maybe they just don't play the game very much but are still fairly good at it.

I understand what you're saying though and unfortunately, if someone is competitive and they see the other team winning and know they are good...it's usually just automatic for them to hop on that team and so all the others get stuck on a somewhat unfair team.

Comment

or maybe they dont know about ranked servers and have been playing unranked and are very good and just found out about the ranking system

Comment

Most servers I play on have smart balance enabled which means it spreads out the ranks so you don't have all officers on one side and pfc's cpl's and the like on the other.

Comment

how do you filter smart balance?

Comment

Originally posted by hobiecatter
            how do you filter smart balance?

Well, it's typically only viewed from server side but I really try and play on our clan server. That said, when I can't I usually make note of the ranks and see that it's balanced and if I've had a good experience in that server I'll add it to my favorites, I've found that most servers are running smart balance.

Comment

in servers i'm in its usually pretty balanced, but i've had a few rounds where my team will be getting our asses handed to us and i'll look at the score screen and notice that i'm surrounded by corporals and pvt.'s while it seems everyone on the other team has a minimum of 50,000 pts. i usually don't hang out in those servers for long

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spawndemon
                And just because someone has a lower rank, doesn't necessarily make them worse then people with higher ranks. You have to take in other variables like maybe they just started playing BF2 but are FPS fanatics so automatically good at the game. Or maybe they just don't play the game very much but are still fairly good at it.
                Thats pretty true, but pretty rare also. Not that I care about rank, but in being high rank. It does make somone more knoledgable of the game and knowing what to do since they have experiences getting it that far.
                It's just most high ranks are lazy @rses and just want easy kill so they stick together and just slaughter the other team.

Comment

well I always check what ranks people I play with have but I never try to stick with high ranked people

Comment

I like the sound of smart balance, but unfortunately from experience or just downright bad luck I have very rarely experienced this!
                    I make a habit of when joining a server to check the player list for uneven player amounts, abnormally high scoring players all on one team or a majority of clan members (which normally indicates cohesive competitive teamplay) all on one side as an indication of what to expect when you click connect!!
                    I'm all for fairplay, but unfortunately (probably due to abusing the stats system) most higher ranking players know all the shortcuts to getting quick points and being more experienced makes life much easier in a team that is rank stacked in their favour!

Sometimes peace can only be bought about by WAR!!

Comment

Recently, I've been making it a habit to humiliate the high ranking players on the other team who try to stack the odds, merely by toughing it out and giving them an extremely hard fight that they've never expected. Sometimes I lose once or twice before I finally convince the newbies on my team that squading up is the best chance of winning.

Usually it ends up with those high ranked players losing once. Then when that happens they either hop to my team, or they leave the server.

I just laugh when that happens. Losers.

Unless my clan-mate is on the other team, I rarely hop sides, thats probably why I don't have a 2+ W/L ratio.

Comment

Sometimes people don't mean to team stack. After awhile you make friends and so try and play in their squad and after awhile you're all good and kicking the crap out of everyone else. Accidental team stacking especially clans. I doubt others team stack on purpose in mnay cases anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spawndemon
                          To be honest, I don't really look at people's ranks when playing in game. I have noticed a few times though the people lets say with the top 3 scores are usually on the same team. That's most likely due to the winning team beating the losing team down, thus getting easy points. And just because someone has a lower rank, doesn't necessarily make them worse then people with higher ranks. You have to take in other variables like maybe they just started playing BF2 but are FPS fanatics so automatically good at the game. Or maybe they just don't play the game very much but are still fairly good at it.

I understand what you're saying though and unfortunately, if someone is competitive and they see the other team winning and know they are good...it's usually just automatic for them to hop on that team and so all the others get stuck on a somewhat unfair team.
                          Exactly. I don't play often, but I own higher ranks often. I do notice that some games have players (who are all higher ranks) are often on the same team and usually win the round. But this is mostly on clan servers in which team members play a lot of BF2 (thus the high rank) and also like to work together (allows them to win more). I admire those who join the loosing team to try to help them win and for the challange.

Comment

also, autobalance manages to stack the teams in long run

since every time teams are uneven, one squadless dead player is shifted .. So odds are that eventually people who don't squad up and die a lot end up in same team

Some servers completely randomize teams between rounds, that's pretty fun. You end up playing with many different people, and get to kill your friends every now and then .. it's not usually worth of the trouble to try and stack one team, since it's going to be rerandomized again after one round

Comment

I know how you feel! I have found a lot of those "Rank Stacked" servers lately!

The word slaughter is and understatement! You can't stay alive for more than 30 seconds cause all the officers of the other team have thier choppers and our choppers and all our armour to boot! The server or admins like it stacked too cause they wont let you switch teams, even when you go to a new map you get stuck on the cannon fodder team!!!

It is like they have their own little Uber Team and no one else can join, so it is loss after loss after loss....sigh.

It totally takes the fun out of the game. I do like the balanced servers, or random servers, because you break up these point whores, that just want to earn easy kills, and make everyone work for a win!!

Comment

Working...
                              X