Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get a good commander

Hey all
    I'm fairly new at bf2 but recently on a dragonvalley 32pl.map i noticed we didn't have a commander.
    So i applied and to my surprise i got accepted.Well,then i tried to command as good as i could;uav on demand,artillery on one of our flags turning grey,vehicle drops and so on....
    Suddenly i get kicked:admin decision;go nerve your mother. you are kicked for 1 min.
    I know i made some misstakes but we were halfway the tickets and winning,i had some 38 commanderpoints.At least tell me what i was doing wrong!!
    How can you get a good cammander if you can't practice once in a while?

Re: how to get a good commander

Originally posted by 3rt123
    Hey all
    I'm fairly new at bf2 but recently on a dragonvalley 32pl.map i noticed we didn't have a commander.
    So i applied and to my surprise i got accepted.Well,then i tried to command as good as i could;uav on demand,artillery on one of our flags turning grey,vehicle drops and so on....
    Suddenly i get kicked:admin decision;go nerve your mother. you are kicked for 1 min.
    I know i made some misstakes but we were halfway the tickets and winning,i had some 38 commanderpoints.At least tell me what i was doing wrong!!
    How can you get a good cammander if you can't practice once in a while?
    Practice in singleplayer.

You probably tk'd your teamates 1 too many times with artillery. Its also very annoying to be squad leader and have your commander keep giving you orders every 5 seconds. Theres plenty of things that a commander can do to annoy his teamates you might have done one or two without knowing.

Comment

sounds like yet another micro-managing clan admin.

I haven't seen very many commanders kicked, so its hard to tell what you were doing wrong. Even when I'm spamming spotted to help my team I don't get kicked...hard to tell. Just try somewhere else..

Comment

The server admin was propably being a moron. Or then he just kicked a wrong person, or you accidently killed him. This globe is covered with fackers Live with it....

Comment

Don't be discouraged. I spam the spotted function on relevant areas and haven't been kicked....yet

Comment

He wanted to be commander, so he kicked you to open up the spot...........

Comment

good commander doesnt spam the comm...errr i HATE THAT!
              the server admin was probably a noob

ahhh apart from that...i dont see anything majorly wrong with ur commanding

Comment

Originally posted by Second Gunman
                He wanted to be commander, so he kicked you to open up the spot...........
                Most likely.

Power corrupts.

Comment

if you want to be a good commander, spot Armor, Helo's and Jets as much as possible, keep UAV going constantly, keep supplies dropping...just because someone hasnt asked for it doesnt mean they dont need it, especially if they are in a tank war and CANT ask for it because they got their hands full, and dropping arty on your flag that just turned grey is usually too late to drop it because the enemy will be on their way to the next flag by the time artillery actually drops, and when someone asks for vehicle drop...give it to them, always hit accept even if you dont have a vehicle to give them, if you hit decline they will think your snubbing them off, so hit accept and it should say something like "Negative there are no vehicles available at this time" that way they know you acknowledged them and they shouldnt get pissed, but drop a vehicle in the area of the person who asked for it as soon as theres one available (if they still need it), thats also true for the supplies if you happen to not have any to drop...accept anyway

Comment

tanx for the tips guys

Comment

ahhh.. just another ****in' admin..

Comment

maybe ignoring your teams request's that gets me....or the admin...

Comment

You were hogging/using a vehicle? I know that some servers have a rule that says Commander shall not use a vehicle.

Comment

were you on the other side than the admin was?
                            if so was he a high ranked player or a player that wants to win?
                            was the admin the cammander for the other team?
                            if you said yes to those questions then i think it is pretty self explanitory.

Comment

[quote=3rt123]Hey all
                              go nerve your mother. you are kicked for 1 min.
                              quote]

From this Reaction sounds like the Admin was on the other team Losing or you happened on a Knife and Pistol Server.

One other point. Try to get a Mic and use VOIP and use that to spot and ask to see if any team needs any thing. Also Spot and Announce Empty oposing flags and Direct teams there.

If they are on teams they will less likely be anoyed by your input and the Less team minded lone wolf players will not be anoyed by Spot messages.

Do tell if there are hidden snipers first on Mic then by spotting to lessen Spot messages.

Also Learn the name of the bases.

Comment

Working...
                              X