X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This may explain why Dice doesn't fix things

Originally posted by Smokalotapotamus
    Found this on EAUK forums in a thread about minor fixes:

I think this may be the reason why many things don't get fixed. Dice underestimates them, and thus, forgets about them. They think that the community only cares about the major fixes.

I want to know other people's opinions about that quote and Dice's lack of fixing many things.
    you make no sense. Did you actually read what they said? As usual people read something and jump to major conclusions and assume to know something they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      Ok, so what in the world is wrong with that? The guy says "We documented the big things, and many smaller items were left undocumented in the changelog". I doubt that alone would constitute impetuous conduct.
      how old are you and what is your life experience??????
      a changelog that does NOT include EVERYTHING is 100000% despicable!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is the HEIGHT of laziness on EA/Dice part
      NO excuses whatsoever!

Originally posted by ent|ty
      My opinion about them is simple: it always gets back to the money.

It costs money to put out patches. Patches don't make them as much money as sales of the initial software does.

Why spend money patching an old game when the mass amount of profit has already been made, and sales of 2142 are on the horizon.

I consider patches a 'nice' addition by developers, but in no means are they obligated to do it.
      sorry
      but your 'sad understanding of economics is just as BAD as EA
      (sorry - not picking on you - you just happened to be the 1000th guy to say this)

EA/DICE are clearly tooooooooooooo dumb to realize they Will get FAR MORE PROFIT from a HAPPY community
      not a bunch of loyal players that have been kicked in the gut at every turn

Comment

quit bitching and play the game.

Comment

There are two styles of patches...bug fixes and content upgrades. EA usually goes for the free bug fixes and lets you pay for content upgrades. But we got a couple of extra maps and they've done a lot to balance the game (ranks in particular, improved missles, etc.). I used to play Jedi Knight. It was a great game, sold well and had an enthusiastic community. But LucasArts never releases additional content and at that point they wouldn't officially allow you to make custom maps so people had to reverse engineer the format to make a level editor. Eventually the community created patches for common issues like cheating because the publisher wouldn't do it.

Most of the gameplay problems the BF2 community is complaining about (commanders kill spamming infantry with artillery, Jets are unbalanced, can't sneak past claymores, unlocks take too long to get) DICE listened to and are fixed in 2142. Which is great. The fixes were probably too hard to implement in the existing BF2 architecture so we didn't get them as patches. Technical issues (bugs) like the red name bug when you switch teams and the crappy server browser probably won't be fixed since they've tried 4 or 5 times to fix those and we still see them.

Comment

ALl he said some of the fixes were'nt in the change log. He never said they never added them...

Comment

Working...
            X