X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may explain why Dice doesn't fix things

Found this on EAUK forums in a thread about minor fixes:

Originally posted by EAUK_Sentience
    There will be fixes in the game that are not included in the fix list, though most of these should be minor ones as it only makes sense to include the significant fixes in the list. I believe most of the major fixes are included in the fix list though by all means continue to document any you've found here in this thread.
    I think this may be the reason why many things don't get fixed. Dice underestimates them, and thus, forgets about them. They think that the community only cares about the major fixes.

I want to know other people's opinions about that quote and Dice's lack of fixing many things.

Re: This may explain why Dice doesn't fix things

I don't think that is the kind of attitude anyone should be presenting from their company to the public. Especially on a forum.

Comment

I don't think so either. Apparently, EA does, that's why our game is miles away from what it could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
        I don't think that is the kind of attitude anyone should be presenting from their company to the public. Especially on a forum.
        Ok, so what in the world is wrong with that? The guy says "We documented the big things, and many smaller items were left undocumented in the changelog". I doubt that alone would constitute impetuous conduct.

Comment

i aggree,.......................

Comment

They Dont Give A Sh*t

Comment

lol...

Comment

They should have left the game the way it was with version 1.0 . Anyone who does not like it, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. STOP BITCHING. STOP SCREWING UP MY GAME. GO TO HELL AND DIE!!!!!!!

Comment

You sure they're not talking about the CHANGELOG? As opposed to their internal list of **** that's broken?

Oh no, they forgot to mention that they fixed the rampant server crashing! What will we do?

Comment

Originally posted by NatureBoy_Wooo
                    They should have left the game the way it was with version 1.0 . Anyone who does not like it, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. STOP BITCHING. STOP SCREWING UP MY GAME. GO TO HELL AND DIE!!!!!!!
                    calm down ya psyco

Comment

Originally posted by PHPT
                      What will we do?
                      Breathe fresh outdoor air

Comment

It's been over a year since BF2 was released, do you guys really still expect them to make patches?? They're trying to run a business....

Comment

As another person mentioned, he is not saying they wont or did not fix small things but rather those small things they DID fix are not listed in the change log. So we all have those small fixes... we just dont have a log of them.

Comment

Dice/Ea doesnt fix things cuz there too busy making Bf2142 . 2142 will be another scewed up game i imagine . Sad what battlefield has turned into , and ive played perty much everything since Bf42 wake demo. Casper i agree "Bring back the core gameplay of 1942!" where people played by skill not UAVs .

Comment

Originally posted by Smokalotapotamus
                              I think this may be the reason why many things don't get fixed. Dice underestimates them, and thus, forgets about them. They think that the community only cares about the major fixes.

I want to know other people's opinions about that quote and Dice's lack of fixing many things.
                              My opinion about them is simple: it always gets back to the money.

It costs money to put out patches. Patches don't make them as much money as sales of the initial software does.

Why spend money patching an old game when the mass amount of profit has already been made, and sales of 2142 are on the horizon.

I consider patches a 'nice' addition by developers, but in no means are they obligated to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X