• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The problem with assault class (?)

Originally posted by Sir. Viper
    i like assult , but its least played as it sucks for points prettym uch

I disagree.

You dont have to spam medic bags or grenades to get points. The assault class is deadly. You can rack up just as many points if your good at killing as you can if your somewhat good at spamming. Obviously its a bit more of a challenge but thats what its all about anyways.

Comment

The Assault class is for those of us who like to impatiently rush headlong into battle for a flag.

The typical BF2 player is the type who sits back and lets the other person go first. They figure that the other guy will draw gunfire from them, thus allowing them to get a couple kills in before they become the target.

It's human nature to let the other guy be the first target. Nobody wants to be the sap. However, this it's this very idea that holds so many people back from their potential. They'll never learn how to excel if the only way they win is by shanking somebody while they're occupied, because they'll never know how to 'beat' somebody in a 1 vs 1 situation. They'll never survive in a 3 vs 1 situation, and they'll most certainly get massacred in a 6 vs 1 situation.

Comment

with assualt, its all about that nade launcher. one shot, multiple kills. how many weapons do that at medium-far range? if you miss them you prolly hurt them a lot, pull out that f2000 and let the bullets fly.. i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by System
          with assualt, its all about that nade launcher. one shot, multiple kills. how many weapons do that at medium-far range? if you miss them you prolly hurt them a lot, pull out that f2000 and let the bullets fly.. i love it.
          Exactly. It's funny how some people moan about how crap the Assault kit is, and others complain about how powerful the grenade launcher is.

Personally, I love the Assault kit. Especially with the AK-101. I use it far more than any of the other kits these days.

Comment

AK-101/GP-30 is definatley my favorite stock weapon in the game. To add to what System said, the GL is great for nailing that medic as he revives the guy you just killed. Time it right, and you get both of them, fire too early, just get the medic, fire too late, you just kill the same guy again and switch back to rifle to get the medic.

One thing I find when playing Assault, is I have to do a bit more kit swapping then normal; a medic kit here, a support kit there. You never seem to have both a medic and support guy in your squad at the same time. That applies to vanilla only. In IO, you can't go 5' without tripping over one.

Comment

G3 + extra armor + regular grenades is a powerful combination.

Comment

If the GL wasn't so gimped against vehicles now, it would be a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
                  If the GL wasn't so gimped against vehicles now, it would be a lot better.
                  It isn't that bad, i think it's 2 direct hits against a Heavy Jeep (eg: Vodnik) and 1 direct hit against the buggys. Yeah, you have to get direct hits though. Unlike the regular nades

You have to realise that the grenade bounces depending on time, not distance. So if you fire at something from the top, more chance it'll bounce because it is moving faster. Whereas firing something to the top won't bounce because the grenade is moving slower.

Comment

its simple really, medic can out last assault, and thier gun is close to on par.

Comment

the assault class is teh own!

Comment

Good to see the debate about the assault class, I've played a bit with the F2000 and I was impressed with the accuracy and the GL, may use it more often.

Comment

I play assault more than any other class

Why? It has the grenade launcher... extra armour, flashbangs and the g3 and f2000.

I am getting to the point where i hardly miss now with the GL, and on Warlord (my new favourite map) it is a great weapon when your on top of a building.

Also, a 2v1 situation can be won. You GL the guy then jump and shoot the other guy with your rifle. Gl's also go off instantly so the enemy wont see it coming like grenades.

Assault class for the win!!

Oh and when a guy is in the distance and you got a half decent aim with it. You dont need to waste time proning and shooting him, just point and click and 2 quick points.

Comment

Working...
                          X