The problem with assault class (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with assault class (?)

I've been browsing and I've seen a lot of people saying that the assault class isn't really worth playing. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this, I've played assault the most out of any class simply because I like the G3 and extra armour. Then again I'm not that great so I'm probably mistaken. XD

Re: The problem with assault class (?)

Originally posted by chaz32
    I've been browsing and I've seen a lot of people saying that the assault class isn't really worth playing. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this, I've played assault the most out of any class simply because I like the G3 and extra armour. Then again I'm not that great so I'm probably mistaken. XD
    If you've been browsing, you must have seen the reasoning behind it. Otherwise you would not know that people say that assault is not worth playing, right? Hmm...I've got 100 hours in the Assault kit and I enjoy it on certain maps. It's really useless against most vehicles though, sadly the more experienced players hang around in vehicles more often than not.
    When a tank rounds the corner and sees you, that "extra armor" helps you to run and die about 5 meters further than you would have without it.

Comment

Assault isn't the only class with the extra armor, either.

Comment

The f2000 is an awsome gun the main reason I play assualt so much

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
          If you've been browsing, you must have seen the reasoning behind it. Otherwise you would not know that people say that assault is not worth playing, right? Hmm...I've got 100 hours in the Assault kit and I enjoy it on certain maps. It's really useless against most vehicles though, sadly the more experienced players hang around in vehicles more often than not.
          When a tank rounds the corner and sees you, that "extra armor" helps you to run and die about 5 meters further than you would have without it.
          Oh, right yeah. Hm.

Comment

I play assault with MEC on karkland. I like you prefer the extra armour, and the tight alleyways on karkland mean that power is more important than really accurate guns (like the G36E) with slow rates of fire (burst).
            However, AK-101 > G3 anyday. And i think most experienced players will agree.

Comment

I like the F2000. Flash bangs are good to annoy everyone else with, plus if you throw enough of them around you will get a badge in SF for it.
              Some maps it works well on and others I would choose something else.

Comment

Originally posted by tom91
                The f2000 is an awsome gun the main reason I play assualt so much
                agreed
                i think the f2000 is the most accurate gun (besides snipers) in the game couse i kill people at long distance with a few shots
                plus the GL comes in handy so do the flashbangs

Comment

The assault class isn't as flexible as the Medic with the SA-80 but with the G3 or the F2000 you can do some serious infantry work.

Comment

Medic > Assault in most situations.

I've seen Assault getting a second wind in IO though. Especially with the F2000. Accurate Assault Rifle, GL, Smoke, and FB, makes for a great squad member to have with you. And with all the support guys running around, don't be shy using the GL, smoke, or flash bangs.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
                      Medic > Assault in most situations.

I've seen Assault getting a second wind in IO though. Especially with the F2000. Accurate Assault Rifle, GL, Smoke, and FB, makes for a great squad member to have with you. And with all the support guys running around, don't be shy using the GL, smoke, or flash bangs.
                      Hm, I'd never though of the F2000 in that light, I haven't been using it in favour of the G3 much but I'll give it a try =]

Comment

Assault class is great!

I think people like to hop on the bandwagon and say it stinks just because it used to be the class of choice and then their beloved grenade launcher got nerfed.

Its still one of the more deadly classes to use.

Comment

Grenade Launchers are as deadly as ever.

All you have to do is find a target standing next to a wall, and you got an easy kill.

Comment

i like assult , but its least played as it sucks for points prettym uch

Comment

Yeah, I find that. As the name suggests, to get points you've got to really push forward and get into the thick of the action, there's no use in standing around at the back XD

Comment

Working...
                              X